Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2015, 11:08 AM

11,162 posts, read 7,631,684 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post

No because you would be committing a crime.

Bingo. Similarly, I don't get to hang a sign and discriminate against a protected class, because I would be committing a crime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2015, 11:11 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
Oh I'm educated enough to understand why you feel the need to be condescending exclusively to Christians.
Not Christians, fundamentalist Christians.

I have no problem whatsoever with the average, sane, fair-minded Christian. Thankfully, they are in the majority.

While the constant, impotent bellowing from the fundie sects heralds their disappearance into the tar pits of irrelevance.

Your brand is dying out, jeff.

Old 07-09-2015, 11:11 AM

10,086 posts, read 5,729,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
You should.

Us Canadians seem to be more advanced on social issues... It usually takes the USA a decade to catch up.

Sometimes kicking and screaming.

Oh, and we've had a Conservative government led by an Evangelical prime minister for the past decade.

Gotta get with the times, Jeff, me old boy.
I don't consider advancement of immorality to be progress.

Old 07-09-2015, 11:14 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,274,353 times
Quote:
Good think your opinion doesn't matter then isn't it ?

Old 07-09-2015, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Not Christians, fundamentalist Christians.

I have no problem whatsoever with the average, sane, fair-minded Christian. Thankfully, they are in the majority.

While the constant, impotent bellowing from the fundie sects heralds their disappearance into the tar pits of irrelevance.

Your brand is dying out, jeff.

Then I will know it is truly the last days and I can look forward to the end of wickness on this earth and the 1000 year reign with Christ.

"At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other,
and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people.
Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold,
but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved."

Matthew 24:13

Men like you have attacked and mocked the Word of God all throughout history, but it has survived and never changes. Men who are now dust and bones, long forgotten in their mockery.

Old 07-09-2015, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
Good think your opinion doesn't matter then isn't it ?
Well I get reps every day for my posts here(and thank everyone for the support, much appreciated) so you certainly don't speak for everyone.

Old 07-09-2015, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Bingo. Similarly, I don't get to hang a sign and discriminate against a protected class, because I would be committing a crime.
Discrimination is not criminal activity. It is a civil offense.

Old 07-09-2015, 11:23 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
Then I will know it is truly the last days and I can look forward to the end of wickness on this earth and the 1000 year reign with Christ.

"At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other,
and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people.
Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold,
but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved."

Matthew 24:13

Men like you have attacked and mocked the Word of God all throughout history, but it has survived and never changes. Men who are now dust and bones, long forgotten in their mockery.
It is indeed the last days for fundamentalism.

Thank God.

Old 07-09-2015, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Here's a novel idea, get your ugly religion out of commercial business. People will want to return to an earlier era of fundamentalism and refuse blacks seats in restaurants. Or religious doctors could refuse to treat seriously injured gay patients.

Now tell us that such religious freedom would only be practiced for "luxury" items. Then I can once again point out your constant inconsistency and hypocrisy.
How about working out a solution that can respect freedom of religion while not going overboard with discrimination? And no one wants to return the civil rights era, cmon. Seriously?

It's sad that you hold so much venom for good hearted Bible believing Christians who just want to love people, but not be forced to do something against God's laws. Hermain Cain's facebook post yesterday now has 71K likes. That's at least a stadium full of people who think you are WRONG. We want nothing to do with gay marriage. NOTHING.

Old 07-09-2015, 11:28 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,206,191 times
Quote:
I suppose christian sharia law would be more lke the advancement the evangelical fundie is anticipating?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality