Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2015, 07:30 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,238,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post

You can't be older than 17.

I am starting to feel bad about even engaging a conversation with such inexperience..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2015, 07:42 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoCapo View Post
Really?!?
How many County Clerks deny marriage licenses based on a couple's Christianity? Oh, I know... 0!
How many pediatricians are turning away children because their parents are Christian? Could it be... 0?
Can an employer legally fire someone simply for being a Christian? Wait, I can't hear you... Was that a no?Can a landlord evict or refuse to rent to a Christian simply for being a Christian? Is there a pattern here?
What you are seeing is a very vocal reaction to a clearly unjust and inequitable legal arrangement. But while homosexuals are still suffering from very real harm from unjust laws, you have what? People talking about you. As best I can tell Christians have not received any inequitable treatment in the legal system or from the government. They are simply receiving the backlash of public opinion. People talking.
You are trying to compare systematic denial of equal treatment under the law to your hurt fee-fees. Come on, pull the other one... Please...
-NoCapo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Bigotry is still bigotry, though. We have seen an increase of it on this very message board in the past year. The fact that this thread is about rejoicing over the fascist bigotry that forces a Christian couple to pay a fine of $135,000 for daring to open their mouths is a major example.
You do not understand what bigotry is, Vizio. The "poor Christian couple" paid DAMAGES for the very real HARM their intensive PUBLICIZING of the couple's names and address caused. They received death threats and almost lost the foster children they were hoping to adopt. That is what the money was for . . . NOT the unlawful discrimination.

Old 07-09-2015, 07:51 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,180,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
There is no universal moral argument to support racism. None. No one can make a case that it is justified. You can't say the same about homosexuality. And despite the false sense of reality in this forum, many many people out there agree with me.
Homosexuality is immoral and thus, demands discrimination.

What is the utility of homosexuality? None.

Homosexuality is anathema to humanity. Every organism that ever existed on Earth evolved specifically to reproduce to propagate the species.

One has to be truly blind to not see that homosexuality is contrary to humanity.

Realistically...

Mircea

Old 07-09-2015, 07:58 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,657,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Especially in this case, because there is no law. Laws must be voted on and passed by the people. What we have here, like in most states where "gay" marriage is "legal", is a court ruling by a handful of misguided souls who ought never to be allowed anywhere near public policy making.

Excellent post.
I'm neither religious or Atheist. It's all "fair game" to me!
I'm thinkin of opening a homo friendly catering hall.
This is a GREAT opportunity to make some serious cash.
I've noticed (by direct observation...since most of the people I work with are homo or bi) that you see very few broke homos. They are typically creative, smart, and ambitious...and flush with cash. Many are above average income, if not wealthy. They like expensive and stylish things...they want ALLLLLLL the frills.
I will be more than glad to take their money. CHA-CHING CHING!!
They won't need to find a compatible bakery either...I'll supply the cake too. For the extra charge, of course!

I don't need "The Law" to legally compel me to do anything...or religion...I have "MAMMON-The Great and Powerful" to do that. But I'm cool about it...I give away most of it I make.

Old 07-09-2015, 08:00 PM

10,091 posts, read 5,741,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You do not understand what bigotry is, Vizio. The "poor Christian couple" paid DAMAGES for the very real HARM their intensive PUBLICIZING of the couple's names and address caused. They received death threats and almost lost the foster children they were hoping to adopt. That is what the money was for . . . NOT the unlawful discrimination.
Funny how it's now all about the death threats that the lesbian couple received when no one said a word about all the hate and death threats that the Christians receive. I even recall some people trying to justify it here. Unbelievable but not surprising.

Old 07-09-2015, 08:01 PM

10,091 posts, read 5,741,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post

I am starting to feel bad about even engaging a conversation with such inexperience..
Then don't read my posts and don't respond. You're only making yourself look bad with such snide pointless replies.

Old 07-09-2015, 08:03 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,765,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Funny how it's now all about the death threats that the lesbian couple received when no one said a word about all the hate and death threats that the Christians receive. I even recall some people trying to justify it here. Unbelievable but not surprising.
Funny how you ignore the threats of bloodshed against the non-religious just two or three posts above your own. Not surprising though.

Old 07-09-2015, 08:04 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,930,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Homosexuality is immoral and thus, demands discrimination.

What is the utility of homosexuality? None.

Homosexuality is anathema to humanity. Every organism that ever existed on Earth evolved specifically to reproduce to propagate the species.

One has to be truly blind to not see that homosexuality is contrary to humanity.

Realistically...

Mircea
Except, of course, for those that are attractive to the same sex, it is very important to them and to the humanity.

It is sad to see that some people are still bigoted in this day and age of supposed enlightenment.

Old 07-09-2015, 08:07 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,657,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Why do you think that all voters who self-identify as religious agree with you?

Why do you think that all voters who self-identify as religious would be willing to carry out your threats?
Why do I think that?
They are not "my threats". They are simply the way things have almost always gone down throughout human history.
The history of the way things have always gone down in this world when "push came to shove"...THAT is why I think that. I didn't make the world like it is...it just happens to have always been that way.
But then...I'm sure you (and everyone else) already knew that.

Old 07-09-2015, 08:11 PM

7,321 posts, read 6,932,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Except, of course, for those that are tracked the same sex, it is very important to them and to the humanity.

It is sad to see that some people are still bigoted in this day and age of supposed enlightenment.

Particularly the bigotry and hypocracy of the homosexual community not accepting religions people for who they are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality