Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2015, 10:44 AM

10,090 posts, read 5,739,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
He lives in Alberta, Canada, jeff. Maybe you need to realize the US isn't the world.

ETA: I live in a village of fewer than 150.
Then why should I give a hoot what Canadians like you think about US law?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2015, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Saw an interesting quote today:

Homosexuality is discussed in the Bible someplace between a talking snake and a taking donkey.

Which makes the Bible credible, right?
Only if you've read three verses in the Bible and ignored the rest. Sounds about right for you.

Old 07-09-2015, 10:45 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,928,903 times
Quote:
He lives in Alberta, Canada, jeff. Maybe you need to realize the US isn't the world.

ETA: I live in a village of fewer than 150.
Jeff, in case your geographic compass is rusty, think Montana, go north 250 miles.

Old 07-09-2015, 10:49 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,718,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roddma View Post
I haven't read all these posts, but It's amazing how only certain PC groups have all this protection. Maybe childless/single people should start suing for discrimination.
Since homosexuals are routinely imprisoned and executed in other nations, bullied, beaten and murdered in this country. Would to God fundamentalists would have the same respect in society instead of just a few of us ranting against their bigotry.

Maybe you should out yourself as gay and see what it is like. A few years ago a young evangelical did just that--declared to his family he was gay. His family was disappointed. He was no longer welcome in his church. He got to hear "f****t yelled at him---and he had a change of heart.

Tim Kurek's book is entitled "THE CROSS IN THE CLOSET." you need to read it to find out just how "special" you would be if perceived to be gay.

Old 07-09-2015, 10:50 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,928,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
You should.

Us Canadians seem to be more advanced on social issues... It usually takes the USA a decade to catch up.

Sometimes kicking and screaming.

Oh, and we've had a Conservative government led by an Evangelical prime minister for the past decade.

Gotta get with the times, Jeff, me old boy.

Old 07-09-2015, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanHalen5150 View Post
Or here's a novel idea...

Be a decent ****ing human being and don't discriminate against people...
Here's a novel idea - respect people's right to freedom of religion and do business elsewhere with someone who would appreciate their gay customers. Discrimination laws shouldn't be all encompassing.

Old 07-09-2015, 10:51 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,199,290 times
Quote:
Because Canadians like me are educated and intelligent.

Look the words up.

Old 07-09-2015, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Maybe because Canadians are much further along as a nation about caring for all their people. Our religious dominated Congress is about self wealth in the name of God---and your vote supports them and your six clobber verses rather than the folks that 3000 verses of scripture call upon you to support, failure to do so at your own peril.

That's the sin you can control---but won't.

Old 07-09-2015, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Because Canadians like me are educated and intelligent.

Look the words up.
Oh I'm educated enough to understand why you feel the need to be condescending exclusively to Christians.

Old 07-09-2015, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Here's a novel idea - respect people's right to freedom of religion and do business elsewhere with someone who would appreciate their gay customers. Discrimination laws shouldn't be all encompassing.
Here's a novel idea, get your ugly religion out of commercial business. People will want to return to an earlier era of fundamentalism and refuse blacks seats in restaurants. Or religious doctors could refuse to treat seriously injured gay patients.

Now tell us that such religious freedom would only be practiced for "luxury" items. Then I can once again point out your constant inconsistency and hypocrisy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality