Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2015, 11:05 AM

11,162 posts, read 7,641,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
So are you sinless? You seem to be pretty judgmental about her.

I don't recall her judging anyone. She just could not issue the license in good conscience. As I've pointed out in the past, that is apparently her right to do.
If it were her right, a judge would not have ordered her to resume issuing marriage licenses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2015, 11:20 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,201,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
If it were her right, a judge would not have ordered her to resume issuing marriage licenses.
Other elected officials would disagree. But having said that, remove her if you don't think she's doing her job. As I mentioned earlier...we should remove all elected officials that don't do their job.

Old 09-02-2015, 11:51 AM

20,018 posts, read 13,496,411 times
Quote:
She has simply refused to issue a license for same sex marriage.
Actually she hasn't issued ANY marriage licenses in two months. She turns away heterosexual couples too.

Old 09-02-2015, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
Actually she hasn't issued ANY marriage licenses in two months. She turns away heterosexual couples too.
So as I said before, we need to remove any and all elected officials that don't do their job.

Old 09-02-2015, 11:54 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,328,055 times
I think that any elected official who refuses to do their job after being ordered to by their superiors and by a court order should be removed from office. The removing any elected official who refuses to do their job period without the court order becomes a political quagmire as then it becomes political as to who is or is not doing their job and who gets to decide that. And politics is not for this forum. But she refused after being ordered by a judge and she also is stopping her staff from doing their jobs.

I would not be surprised if those who defend her rights to do so would not be in agreement if she was not doing something they do agree with. In other words it is the use of her religion on SSM and not religious freedom that is more than likely the reason for the support. I personally think that a clerk who refused to issue a marriage licence to a fundamental Christian would also be in the wrong and should face the same outrage.

I drop a rock above my foot I find out real quick that gravity is real. I lust in my heart when seeing a woman at the bar nothing happens to anyone. Gravity is real, sin is not.

Old 09-02-2015, 12:11 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,641,111 times
Quote:
Other elected officials would disagree. But having said that, remove her if you don't think she's doing her job. As I mentioned earlier...we should remove all elected officials that don't do their job.
Removing her is one possible solution. But of course, impeachment is a process.

Old 09-02-2015, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Removing her is one possible solution. But of course, impeachment is a process.
Yes, it is.

Old 09-02-2015, 12:13 PM

5,853 posts, read 5,284,845 times
This woman should be fired because she is not doing her job. Plain & simple. It doesn't matter where you work, if your job description says you are supposed to do something and you refuse, you are fired. It should be the same here. If you work at McDonald's and refuse to sell hamburgers because in your religion, cows are sacred, you would be fired. It is no different here.

When asked who's authority she is using not to issue licenses, she said, "God's authority." She must be reminded that she is NOT working for God. She is working for the county. And I find it very interesting that she is on marriage #4.

Technically, she can be arrested for Contempt of Court. That is think would be extreme. Of course if she is arrested, she will be turned into martyr-well, I think she is already trying to play the part of the martyr and the far-right is helping to raise her to that status.

Cat

Old 09-02-2015, 12:20 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,281,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCfromNC View Post
At least right-wing extremists have softened their stance on work-for-welfare. Here we have them supporting a woman getting government handouts for not working - a woman who has children from multiple different fathers. In any other case, they'd be up in arms about this woman being a stereotypical welfare queen. But because she's waving her Christianity around, suddenly she's a hero. Quite the interesting twist.

This leads to an interesting though. I wonder what would happen if her boss just decided stopped paying her. After all, if she thinks it is OK for government employees can randomly stop doing their job on a whim, that "right" should apply to payroll as well.
--------------------------
Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Barry Goldwater

Old 09-02-2015, 12:21 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,235,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
--------------------------
Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Barry Goldwater
“Mark my word, if and when these preachers get control of the [Republican] party, and they're sure trying to do so, it's going to be a terrible damn problem. Frankly, these people frighten me. Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise. I know, I've tried to deal with them.”

― Barry M. Goldwater
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality