Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2017, 07:38 AM

17,344 posts, read 11,285,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
lmao, isn't that true for us all.
Oh I don't know. Speaking for myself, as I stated in a previous post, I've attended several different Christian churches through the years when invited by friends. I felt comfortable and not out of place in any of them, probably because their basic Christian beliefs were the same as mine. I've always kept an open mind and never wear my Catholic religion on my sleeve, telling other people the details of their specific brand of Christianity are wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2017, 08:15 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,584,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Oh I don't know. Speaking for myself, as I stated in a previous post, I've attended several different Christian churches through the years when invited by friends. I felt comfortable and not out of place in any of them, probably because their basic Christian beliefs were the same as mine. I've always kept an open mind and never wear my Catholic religion on my sleeve, telling other people the details of their specific brand of Christianity are wrong.
very true, mine was a general statement about large groups. For example, I feel most people are just regular people that want to live and let live. I think most people in iran and the usa want each other to have the life they want. Its our leaders that screw the pooch.

Yes, smaller groups tend to have a higher concentration of a particular personality type. for good or bad.

Old 06-19-2017, 10:05 AM

23,162 posts, read 10,455,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post

I am not a fan of "saved". We are the ,most complex protein this planet has made to date. We are doing exactly what proteins do, work with other proteins to make a volume of space look 'alive". That's just a empirical fact. fundamentalist-think atheists are really the only ones that don't see that or will do anything to hide that facts. bottom line, no saved. I am lucky to think that the "me" of this universe gets to experience itself. Thats a blessing that I don't need saving from.

I think we will make the next life form in 200 years or less via biomedical engineering. But the truth is, the universe makes everything. Thats everything. In 1980 we could debate it. Heck, even I did. In 2017 "saved" and not understanding that we are part of a more complex system are relics from the ignorant days behind us.

I think plenty of people are just going to be dirt, but I don't believe in hell.

I believe everyone who has ever lived will all stand on the earth at one time, the great majority saved, but many people just go back to the Earth.

Christianity has as much to do with the New Testament as Islam does, IN FACT, I would say that Islam and Christianity are no doubt the same religion with a shared common interest against the people of the bible, against Jews, against Judaism. Both share the same worship system in that both have common pagan high holy days that have nothing to do with Jesus.

Christianity is not Judaism.

The first Christianity WAS JUDAISM.

Christianity has done nothing but fight against the people of God for 2000 years.

You love and keep the commandments of God and the 7 feasts of Christ?

YOU DIE.

Today's Christianity did not even exist in New Testament times and they can make bold claims all day long that they are a part of the first Christianity when the fact remains, they are not.

The Northern Kingdom of Israel and it's ten tribes did exactly what Christianity did, Christianity followed them in their religion, a pagan religion.

Those ten tribes claimed to be the real Israel but God wiped them out for doing what Christianity has done, but Christianity has done much worse in that for 2000 years, they have been wiping out the people of God, and then they want to make the claim that they are Christians of the New Testament when they are it's WORST FREAKING ENEMY.

One might say that there are many different sects of Catholic, but there is ONLY ONE CHRISTIANITY, and this IS JUDAISM.

Not the freaking enemies of Judaism who kill anyone who follows a Jewish Christ.

It is insulting don't ya think?

Kill the followers of the Jewish Messiah for 2000 years while making the bold claim that YOU are them.

Old 06-19-2017, 11:24 AM

The words of Jesus, not my words.

The Fulfillment of the Law
…18For I tell you truly, until heaven and earth pass away, not a single jot, not a stroke of a pen, will disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. 19So then, whoever breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do likewise will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20For I tell you that unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.…

God gave us his law, his worship system filled with his own visitation days where the law is beautiful and righteous, a law that Jesus says we better love and keep.

Everyone else is something else.

Protestants and Catholic both follow the laws and worship system instated by the Catholic Church, and these laws are contrary to God and his laws, and his son.

While God has his laws and his prophets and his feasts, The pope created his own laws, his own feasts and he claims to be sitting in the place of God to alter, omit, or change any of God's laws and his prophets. Authorized to change the very word of God by their own power.

One is lawful, and one teaches lawlessness against God, and it teaches a conversion away from the God of Israel and his people.

Ephesians 3
This mystery is that through the gospel the Gentiles are fellow heirs, fellow members of the body, and fellow partakers of the promise in Christ Jesus.

Christianity was a legal sect of Judaism for over 100 years, they became CO-HEIRS WITH JEWS.

It is that simple, Christian Gentiles are not Judah, and they are not Ephraim and Christ only brought a covenant for Ephraim and Judah.

Any Gentile could convert to Judaism to become one with Jews in Judaism and they did this for over 100 years.

For 2000 years, Christianity has been killing Jews and then claiming that they have replaced the Jews, that they have replaced God's commandments with lawlessness against God.

Talk about insulting, for the gentile Christians to kill Jews for 2000 years claiming to be the new Jew.

Old 06-19-2017, 11:47 AM

The Fulfillment of the Law
…18For I tell you truly, until heaven and earth pass away, not a single jot, not a stroke of a pen, will disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. 19So then,whoever breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do likewise will be called leastin the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20For I tell you that unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.…

Does anyone see the contradiction here?

Which is it?

At the bottom we see people who will never enter the kingdom of heaven if they don't keep the laws better than the Pharisees did.

At the top, you can not keep the laws at all, and EVEN TEACH people not to keep the laws of God, and STILL, STILL, you are in the kingdom of heaven, but you are the least.

It isn't contradiction when you learn the design of the temple which shows us the 3 sections of heaven.

Members of Christ
…8Instead, you yourselves cheat and do wrong, even against your own brothers! 9Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who submit to or perform homosexual acts, 10nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor verbal abusers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.…

Does anyone see the contradiction?

The reason Christians are so judging is the fact that they don't understand the term,'' The Kingdom Of Heaven.''

The temple is built in 3 sections to show the 3 sections of heaven, but the higher Zoe kingdom in the Holy of Holies IS the kingdom of heaven being referenced here.

This is why so many millions of people are so judging to think everyone is going to hell, they quote these scriptures about the sexual immoral and say,'' You going to hell.''

But that is not what the scripture is saying, there is a least in the kingdom, and a greatest in the kingdom and one in between.

The least of these is the outer court, and while they are saved, THEY WILL NEVER ENTER INTO THE ZOE KINGDOM.

This is why so many Christians are so confused, they don't know the temple and so they don't know what heaven is, and so they put everyone in hell but themselves when it aint like that.

Revelation 21
14Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. 15For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

I ACCEPT THAT I AM A DOG WHO WILL PROBABLY NEVER ENTER INTO THE HIGHER ZOE KINGDOM, BUT THIS DOESN'T MEAN HELL BY ANY REACH OF THE IMAGINATION, I WONT HAVE ACCESS TO THE CITY, NEVERTHELESS, I AM SAVED.

This isn't an insult against me.

But if Christians knew the truth of the temple, they wouldn't put so many people in hell, Jesus put the laws in the hearts of all men, and we are ruled by conscience. Jesus said you could speak against him and the commandments and STILL be saved, so why does every Christian send everyone to hell?

Old 06-19-2017, 03:53 PM

88,586 posts, read 84,818,250 times
In reality, it appears that only one poster has had something disparaging to say about Catholics on this thread since it was brought back from the dead, and he is a Jehovah's Witness so he hates all of us equally!

Old 06-19-2017, 03:57 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,584,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I think plenty of people are just going to be dirt, but I don't believe in hell.

I believe everyone who has ever lived will all stand on the earth at one time, the great majority saved, but many people just go back to the Earth.

... nipped for space ....

e who follows a Jewish Christ.

It is insulting don't ya think?

Kill the followers of the Jewish Messiah for 2000 years while making the bold claim that YOU are them.

we are them. all of them. we are the bible, capable of such compassion amidst the horror and we can be daughters that rape their fathers. yeah, we are one.

Last edited by Arach Angle; 06-19-2017 at 03:59 PM.. Reason: Christianity has as much to do with the New Testament as Islam does, IN FACT, I would say that Islam and Christianity are no

Old 06-19-2017, 04:43 PM

1,788 posts, read 1,172,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Seriously. I used to sit in a location at work not far from the desk of a Methodist minister's son. He liked to talk about Christianity. He seemed to hold it in a different light and make an off-handed comment about Catholics not being Christian.

I kept it to myself but thought it was so stupid that I couldn't get mad.

To me, any religion whose scriptural works are ONLY and BOTH the Old Testament and the New Testament, with the emphasis that your faith is put in practice largely through the New Testament, is a Christian religion. Period.

I'm not a religious expert, but I don't know what to make of religions that profess to be Christian but have OTHER books. I just don't know.

So, are Catholics Christians in your mind?
Christian means "Christ Like" And Catholic means "Universal".

2 Words with 2 different meanings.

Old 06-19-2017, 04:52 PM

776 posts, read 394,754 times
I thought the Catholic vs. Protestant culture war ended with the repeal of prohibition.

Old 06-19-2017, 05:43 PM

17,344 posts, read 11,285,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HushWhisper View Post
Christian means "Christ Like" And Catholic means "Universal".

2 Words with 2 different meanings.
"Protestant" means those who protest. Very different meaning than Christian or even Universal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality