Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2015, 04:31 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,383,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
<snipped> I am not diagnosably on the autism spectrum but I lean just a little that way and so sometimes miss social cues that most others pick up, or simply find people's thought processes and actions incomprehensible where it seems most are unperturbed -- to the point that at times I am tempted to become a hermit just to get away from it all. Just as with not seeing what's right in front of you, mentioned above, this is another example of unintuitiveness being just as strong a force in life as intuition.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Intuition is information from our true Self (what we experience as our unconscious). Our intellect does not have direct access to it because the link only exists while we are actively producing more consciousness. Unfortunately, what we experience as the "here and now" is a "delayed playback" through the recordings in our brain. Our life has literally already happened before we begin to experience it in what we see as the "here and now." This means our unconscious or true Self has access to our immediate future . . . but no direct way to communicate it to our conscious intellect. Since our intellect is dominantly left brain, those who tend to rely heavily on left brain processing tend not to notice or be sensitive to the right brain signs that are made available from our unconscious. Those who tend to pay attention to right-brain information (usually women, but not exclusively) are more likely to pay notice the signs. You must rely exclusively on your intellect, Pleroo.
I'd hate to think my intellect is all I've got going for me. Like Mordant, it seems I may fall somewhere on or near the autism spectrum (according to online tests, which I realize are unreliable). As you know, I also have (hypothetically) aphantasia. It seems possible that either of those things could have some impact on my ability to be intuitive or perhaps at least makes it more of a stretch for me. And perhaps my experiences in life have conditioned me not to trust what intuition I do have as well, to some degree. I suppose that's why I find the subject so interesting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2015, 05:50 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Were there times when your intuition about these things turned out to be wrong?

We are probably more likely to remember the predictions we get right than the ones we get wrong.
No. Never wrong, They aren't predictions. I simply know that something is going to happen. I can't sit and conjure up the future. It's just pops into my mind, (unexpectedly) while I'm doing routine daily activities and I... know. There's no pattern. Sometimes it's about something important and sometimes not.

For some reason I have a strong connection with horses. An animal I actually avoid because I'm tremendously allergic to them. But I've been at horse races and riding competitions ...see a particular horse....and know it's going to win. But I can't look at a racing form and predict, "Bumper Thumper in the fifth to win."

Old 09-11-2015, 05:52 PM

18,489 posts, read 9,151,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
No. Never wrong, They aren't predictions. I simply know that something is going to happen. I can't sit and conjure up the future. It's just pops into my mind while I'm doing routine daily activities and I know. There's no pattern. Sometimes it's about something important and sometimes not.

For some reason I have a strong connection with horses. An animal I actually avoid because I'm tremendously allergic to them. But I've been at horse races and riding competitions ...see a particular horse....and know it's going to win. But I can't look at a racing form and predict, "Bumper Thumper in the fifth to win."
Can you help me pick stocks? Or lottery numbers?

Old 09-11-2015, 06:21 PM

22,141 posts, read 19,198,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
No. Never wrong, They aren't predictions. I simply know that something is going to happen. I can't sit and conjure up the future. It's just pops into my mind, (unexpectedly) while I'm doing routine daily activities and I... know. There's no pattern. Sometimes it's about something important and sometimes not.
thanks Dew,

that's a very good description, same for me: it is utterly 100% reliable and correct
it is not something I can conjure up and induce
it is just a knowing that appears and is very clear and distinct, an inner knowing
it can be about minor things or very important things

with me, though it is not that I know something will happen in the future, i never see that. but I do know things about people: that someone is lying, or dishonest, that they seek to harm, whether they can be trusted. most often it is instructions to do something or not do something: don't take this trip, don't take this job, move to this state. there is generally not a reason or justification given, just instructions.

sometimes the instructions are to make a choice such as when i was told "it's time for you to leave this marriage now, you can either leave voluntarily or if not then death will take you." so it was instructions to leave but i had the choice how. it is very clear and concise and calm and utterly reliable.

Old 09-11-2015, 07:20 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post

that's a very good description, same for me: it is utterly 100% reliable and correct
it is not something I can conjure up and induce
it is just a knowing that appears and is very clear and distinct, an inner knowing
it can be about minor things or very important things

with me, though it is not that I know something will happen in the future, i never see that. but I do know things about people: that someone is lying, or dishonest, that they seek to harm, whether they can be trusted. most often it is instructions to do something or not do something: don't take this trip, don't take this job, move to this state. there is generally not a reason or justification given, just instructions.

sometimes the instructions are to make a choice such as when i was told "it's time for you to leave this marriage now, you can either leave voluntarily or if not then death will take you." so it was instructions to leave but i had the choice how. it is very clear and concise and calm and utterly reliable.
It's very similar for me. Though I don't feel like I'm getting instructions. When I was a kid I'd know when surprise packages would be coming in the mail... things like that. I knew instinctively who was a good person and who was troubled. I had a great aunt who was very intuitive and VERY religious and would go to church to pray for people when she "knew" something would happen. She told me it ran in the family

And, sorry Freak.... but I can't predict stocks or lotto numbers. If I could do that I'd be in Tahiti right now.

(Though I did "know", when he walked up to bat, that Kirk Gibson (who was playing injured) was going to hit a game-winning home run in the '88 World Series and Reggie Jackson was going to hit three homers in a World Series game in '77. Hoooo-weeeeee-ooooooo. Insert spooky music here. )

Last edited by DewDropInn; 09-11-2015 at 07:50 PM..

Old 09-12-2015, 09:18 AM

4,612 posts, read 4,892,143 times
Quote:
Intuition is information from our true Self (what we experience as our unconscious).

Our life has literally already happened before we begin to experience it in what we see as the "here and now." This means our unconscious or true Self has access to our immediate future . . . but no direct way to communicate it to our conscious intellect.
And a worthwhile thread veers off into la-la land.

Old 09-12-2015, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post

Old 09-12-2015, 01:12 PM

5,851 posts, read 5,275,259 times
Intuition is that little voice you hear in the back of your mind. Sometimes that little voice doesn't speak directly to me. I will just do or say something and I can't tell you how many people have said, "I was just thinking of that." And then there are times when I just KNOW something will happen-not often but occasionally.

Cat

Old 09-12-2015, 04:31 PM

63,775 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Intuition is information from our true Self (what we experience as our unconscious). Our intellect does not have direct access to it because the link only exists while we are actively producing more consciousness. Unfortunately, what we experience as the "here and now" is a "delayed playback" through the recordings in our brain. Our life has literally already happened before we begin to experience it in what we see as the "here and now." This means our unconscious or true Self has access to our immediate future . . . but no direct way to communicate it to our conscious intellect. Since our intellect is dominantly left brain, those who tend to rely heavily on left brain processing tend not to notice or be sensitive to the right brain signs that are made available from our unconscious. Those who tend to pay attention to right-brain information (usually women, but not exclusively) are more likely to pay notice the signs. You must rely exclusively on your intellect, Pleroo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post
The delay is REAL. We make decisions before our brain has the information to react. There is also evidence that the future communicates with the past in many experiments. The Transactional Theory of quantum mechanics holds that view. We literally live in a time-delayed reality in our consciousness.

Old 09-13-2015, 08:31 PM

Quote:
The delay is REAL. We make decisions before our brain has the information to react. There is also evidence that the future communicates with the past in many experiments. The Transactional Theory of quantum mechanics holds that view. We literally live in a time-delayed reality in our consciousness.
[citation needed]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality