Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2015, 11:03 PM

20,007 posts, read 13,491,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Just for the record, I've been doing my own laundry for 45-some years....
Ha. You and me both. Of course since my wife doesn't know how bad my socks smell she has one less excuse to think I'm not sexy ;-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2015, 11:13 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,013,051 times
Quote:
Just for the record, I've been doing my own laundry for 45-some years....
I am shocked...

How unbiblical of you.

Next you're going to tell us you let your woman walk NEXT to you. And in front of the cattle!

Old 12-26-2015, 11:20 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,195,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I am shocked...

How unbiblical of you.

Next you're going to tell us you let your woman walk NEXT to you. And in front of the cattle!
Ahead of me, even, if I'm dawdling.

And I ace at dawdling.

Old 12-27-2015, 03:37 AM

9,690 posts, read 10,023,019 times
Still there are more women in the church of Jesus Christ , than there are men , as they know what they want , and many are leaders in the church of Christ

Old 12-27-2015, 06:13 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,384,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Because the modern-day attitude toward women as sex objects that are only good to satisfy men's needs or to pop out babies and be a single mom is somehow better?
That attitude is a direct descendant of the previous.

Old 12-27-2015, 08:04 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,608,234 times
Quote:

And I ace at dawdling.
I don't think most religious men adhere to such things but it's there for those who will take advantage of it. I often think women dont submit to that crap but then I see a hijab and I get a dose of reality real quick. Do I blame the men? Yes in those dominated countries, but I also cringe when I see an American women wearing one. Her choice to wear it just gives a slap in the face of those women trying so hard to free Muslim women from oppression. But, part of freedom is their ability to choose submission. What can you do. I've worked a long time helping women overseas escape these religious chains so I know first hand how disgusting it can be.

In America there are about half that still adhere to this but we've come a long way here. I think in time most women will turn it around slowly but surely. Once the fear is gone. On a personal note watching dominant religious men does make me puke.

Old 12-27-2015, 09:08 AM

20,007 posts, read 13,491,416 times
Quote:

And I ace at dawdling.
I'm no dawdler but despite her bad knee my wife walks about as fast as I run, and doesn't wait around for me. Once in awhile she notices I've vanished and looks around for me, as if I just up and disappeared. I'm glad I don't hold her back ;-)

Old 12-27-2015, 09:21 AM

67 posts, read 46,297 times
I reckon if the deity was female she would have done a better job of creation than the one claimed by a mere male!

Old 12-27-2015, 09:37 AM

6,617 posts, read 6,547,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
OMG, this SO reminds me of when my son was four and I would tell him, "No, no, you ARE helping! Just because you can't work the mixer yourself of put the cookies into the oven doesn't mean you're not SUCH A BIG HELP for getting me that mixing spoon from waaaaaaaaaaay over there."

Only this version would go more like, "Oh come on, honey. You can't stand in front of that whole big congregation for 45 minutes. You know how tired your little legs get! Oh HEY..." (snapping fingers in "eureka" moment) "I think I have an idea! How about you sit with of 20 damp toddlers in your lap trying to get them to sing "Jesus Loves Me" instead of that super tough pastor job...wouldn't that be so much nicer? Then afterward, you can go home and joyfully wash my socks."

Thanks Biblegod.
Thanks for the laugh! I love this post. Right on.

Old 12-27-2015, 09:54 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,926,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post

And? Yes, a woman should not serve as a pastor or elder.

Did you actually mean this? Really?

Wow. Seriously, wow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality