Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2015, 05:15 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,618,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaTeal View Post
What is the highest position of power a woman has held at your church, Vizio?
The woman who cleans the "throne." wink wink, nudge.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2015, 05:33 PM

63,819 posts, read 40,109,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Isn't that what it means by believing it? Isn't that what it means to be honest to our belief that it's God's Word? Why would one believe it is God's Word and then choose to ignore it?
This is why that heinous and evil concept was created by men wishing to retain their power and control. It is an absurd belief that defies all logic, reason and experience with things that are in the hands of human beings. Of course, logic, reason and actual experience have virtually nothing to do with anything you believe, Vizio. It is all rote dogma based on the absurd premise that the Bible is God's word instead of Jesus. The Bible never claims to be God's word. It tells us about Jesus who is the one and only God's Word.

Old 12-26-2015, 05:44 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,198,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The Bible never claims to be God's word.
I would suggest you ought to try reading it sometime. You might be amazed at what you see.

2 Tim 3:16
"All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17 that the man of God[b] may be complete, equipped for every good work."

Old 12-26-2015, 05:49 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,013,051 times
Quote:
Short answer? Because the Bible says so. Women are also not to be elders.
In the Bible it also says some random dude is to pay a fine if he rapes your daughter, does your church practice that too?

Old 12-26-2015, 05:52 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,650,975 times
Quote:
Short answer? Because the Bible says so. Women are also not to be elders.
God's glass ceiling.

Old 12-26-2015, 05:54 PM

63,819 posts, read 40,109,822 times
Quote:
This is why that heinous and evil concept was created by men wishing to retain their power and control. It is an absurd belief that defies all logic, reason and experience with things that are in the hands of human beings. Of course, logic, reason and actual experience have virtually nothing to do with anything you believe, Vizio. It is all rote dogma based on the absurd premise that the Bible is God's word instead of Jesus. The Bible never claims to be God's word. It tells us about Jesus who is the one and only God's Word.
Quote:
I would suggest you ought to try reading it sometime. You might be amazed at what you see.
2 Tim 3:16
"All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17 that the man of God[b] may be complete, equipped for every good work."
I am fairly certain that I have read and studied the Bible (objectively) far longer and more intensely than you have, Vizio. You read with all your irrational theological preconceptions intact. I read with the cold perspective of science and logic and a personal experience with the true nature of God. You not only accept all the inconsistencies and direct contradictions with absurd excuses and rationalizations about "God's ways" --- pretending they make what is clearly Evil somehow become Good and moral. You probably should not be blamed for accepting this irrational nonsense because it is indoctrinated from an early age.

God-breathed or God inspired does NOT meanGod's words verbatim. Inspirations mmMUST be interpreted using the existingn knowledge, beliefs and superstitions about God of the receiver. That makes them unreliable without an absolute standard of truth to test the spirit of them. The absolute standard of God's truth is the Spirit of agape love (who IS god) as taught and demonstrated unambiguously by Jesus. You test the spirit of nothing and accept everything uncritically which is why you do NOT know either God or Jesus. You must have the Spirit of agape love within you to know God and Jesus. You ignore the Comforter sent in Christ's name to guide us to what God has "written in our hearts" in favor of the words "written in ink." That you teach others to do the same places a heavy burden on you.

Last edited by MysticPhD; 12-26-2015 at 06:05 PM..

Old 12-26-2015, 06:03 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,189,293 times
Quote:
Why do you think pastors are the only role in which women can lead?
Show me where I said that.

Old 12-26-2015, 06:03 PM

Quote:
I am fairly certain that I have read and studied the Bible (objectively) far longer and more intensely than you have, Vizion.
Perhaps, but you're the one that calls it barbaric, and you tell me that you'd rather ignore it and cling to personal revelation that you think God speaks directly to you.

I'm sorry, Doc, but your "bible study" really doesn't seem to be very deep. I'd suggest you spend some more time studying it, or perhaps get a new teacher. If you've paid or said study, I'd ask for a refund.

Old 12-26-2015, 06:06 PM

Quote:
But no one is saying she can't be a leader. She's certainly qualified to serve in many leadership roles, just not as pastor. There are many jobs I may be qualified for but I couldn't do simply because of my gender.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Tell your employer to hire women pastors and report back.

As I said...there are lots of ways that a woman can lead. You seem to be hung up on the role of Pastor. There are a lot of things a woman can do other than hold the title of pastor.

Old 12-26-2015, 06:07 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,189,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaTeal View Post
God's glass ceiling.
It's not God's. It's the fundamentalist's. The sad part is they raise their daughters to believe women can't be a pastor. The frightening part is they raise their sons to believe a woman can't be a pastor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality