Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2016, 05:41 PM

10,096 posts, read 5,752,157 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
You are being completely dishonest . Reasons for not allowing incestual marriage have been given, and they don't deal in morality issues from various religions .

Why don't you man up and respond to those reasons if you disagree instead of whining that you are ignored. Maybe if you participated like an adult people would treat you with more respect .

And I realize you will think I'm mean, but I tire of you and your side pulling this sort of stuff . Reasons to your answer have been given. Answer them or not, but don't skip over them and pretend we have given more than adequate answers .
The only reason that you give is the "consent" label yet consent can and does exist in some of these relationships. Telling me that I'm whining and not being a adult simply because you are incapable of countering my points is beyond rude, it's pathetic.

Old 03-14-2016, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Why do you worry so much about what 2 consenting adults are doing with their genitals? I can't think of anything gayer than worrying about what two dude do with their dongs.
Hey if all else fails, just accuse the opponent of actually being a closet gay person! Works everytime huh? Of course, it is a very weak debate tactic, but maybe it will work for those who are 99% on the atheist side.

Here's a thought, if you don't like the topic, don't start threads about it!

Old 03-14-2016, 05:48 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,231,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Hey if all else fails, just accuse the opponent of actually being a closet gay person! Works everytime huh?
There is nothing wrong with being gay. Being gay is not a sin.

If you knew that...you wouldn't be so defensive. And you might live a happier life. Constantly complaining about gays and posting about gay sex must be exhausting for you.

Old 03-14-2016, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
There is nothing wrong with being gay. Being gay is not a sin.

If you knew that...you wouldn't be so defensive. And you might live a happier life. Constantly complaining about gays and posting about gay sex must be exhausting for you.
You constantly complain about Bible believing Christians. Must be exhausting for you. Are you a closet fundamentalist Christian?

Old 03-14-2016, 06:05 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,291,005 times
Quote:
You constantly complain about Bible believing Christians. Must be exhausting for you. Are you a closet fundamentalist Christian?

Actually Jeff that is a good repartee. Although aimed at the wrong person. But nonetheless a good comeback .

Congratulations .

Old 03-14-2016, 06:10 PM

Quote:
The only reason that you give is the "consent" label yet consent can and does exist in some of these relationships. Telling me that I'm whining and not being a adult simply because you are incapable of countering my points is beyond rude, it's pathetic.

I actually never mentioned consent . My two reasons are

A) increased birth defects
B) Most incestuous relationships are abusive, i.e., father/daughter or older sibling/younger sibling .

Two adults of the age to marry could give consent .And if you don't want people to accuse you of whining and not participating as an adult, then please start acting like an adult and giving honest answers to sincere questions. I have never in my life been asked a question I feared giving an answer to . That seems to happen daily with your side around here . Not one of you seems to be able to simply give a straight answer, but must always be looking for a dodge, or perhaps to throw a question back as a reply .

So what say you about my two points ? Agree, or think that they pose no problem for incestous marriage? Let's see if you can give a direct answer and come to a conclusion on this incest angle .

Old 03-14-2016, 06:37 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,565,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
I mean it obviously does, right?

One day my wife and I were just sitting there, all happily married, and then BOOM! , out of the blue we both looked at each other kind of funny. I asked what was wrong and she said " I don't know, but something just feels weird. Do you feel it?" I sat quietly for a minute, and then I said " yeah, I do. What is it". We couldn't figure it out. Then we decided that it felt like marriage sucked. We both said we still loved each other , but we could just tell our marriage was going downhill, rapidly. For what reason we simply could not figure out. We talked and talked, nothing seemed to have changed but something obviously had. We went to bed , hoping that things would be better in the morning, but they were even worse in the morning. Then when we watched the news we figured it all at .

THE GAYS WERE ALLOWED TO GET MARRIED NOW ALSO!

So THATS what the problem was! The gays destroyed marriage, and that's what we had felt. We even did some checking, and sure enough, right at the time we felt the BOOM!, it turns out a gay couple had said "I do". And BAM! , just ruined it.

Did your wife leave you for another women? Do you have any REAL proof that gay people getting married destroys marriage? I mean other then your wife leaving you. Because here opinions are not enough.

Old 03-14-2016, 06:44 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,245,097 times
Quote:
Hey if all else fails, just accuse the opponent of actually being a closet gay person! Works everytime huh? Of course, it is a very weak debate tactic, but maybe it will work for those who are 99% on the atheist side.

Here's a thought, if you don't like the topic, don't start threads about it!
I never accused anyone of being a closet case, don't put words in my mouth/words from my fingers.

I also didn't start any threads about it,so I don't know what you're talking about.

I just don't understand how someone can get so wrapped up in issues that don't effect them in any way, shape, or form. Ssm hasn't changed anything for heterosexual people who want to get married.

Old 03-14-2016, 06:51 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,231,559 times
Quote:
More parroting? What is up with that? Why do so many fundamentalists parrot back what is said to them? Interesting phenomenon.... but never mind that, let's get to the meat of your accusation. Which is that you are wrong again, Jeffy. I complain about the prejudice and bigotry of some Bible believing Christians. Because prejudice and bigotry destroys innocent people and must be exposed and fought. You, on the other hand, complain about ALL homosexuals. Me? A closet fundamentalist Christian? Sounds suffocating. And dark. Besides.... I can think for myself and believe a woman's place is in the pulpit. And the Oval Office.

I'd make a LOUSY fundamentalist.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 03-14-2016 at 06:59 PM..

Old 03-14-2016, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Did your wife leave you for another women? Do you have any REAL proof that gay people getting married destroys marriage? I mean other then your wife leaving you. Because here opinions are not enough.
And we have 3 out of 250.

Still not a bad ratio .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.