Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2016, 10:04 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,274,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
You absolutely did and you know it. It was a lame cheap shot that had absolutely nothing to do with the topic.

Let me guess, you are not implying that you are better than me, here right? I guess I'm just "reading more into" it. People like me? You don't know thing about me. People like YOU are extremely judgmental as you show here once again.

Then do enlighten me to the true purpose and intent of your comment about fondling genitals.
1: no, I did not. I'm sorry that your conscience reads more into it. That is not on me, but on you.

2: No, I am better than no one. You ARE reading into my post more than my posts say. I am not, nor have i EVER claimed to be better than anyone/anything. If I have, please prove me wrong, I beg you.

3: Did I ever say fondle? I said worrying about what 2 consenting adults do with their genitals. That's not fondling. Fondling is what catholic Priests have done to countless victims, yet still are allowed in their communities. In the real world, they are sex offenders, and would have to be on a registry as such.

There is a HUGE difference between what consenting adults do, versus what fondling implies.

Old 03-14-2016, 10:09 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,358,810 times
Quote:
More baseless claims. Your side always attacks my character regardless of what I post.

And most of your points have been nothing but direct personal attacks instead of actually giving me a direct counter argument. Do I need to go back and post examples?

Really, and does that explain why the other Bible believing Christians who do not support homosexuality also get jumped on here? Oh no, it's only because of me according to you. This is a really old tactic where the atheist not only attacks the Christian's character, but makes it sound like they are the ONLY ones in the entire world who hold to such positions. Isolation tactic. Again, the topic is gay marriage so whatever you think about me personally has nothing to do with the topic. Got that?

I actually do answer your questions. You do not answer questions like the one that was totally directed at you

You want same sex marriage illegal because it is a sin, you have declared pre martial sex as immoral if you had your way what would you permit homosexuals to do in regards to relationships with someone they are attracted to and love?

Here is your chance once again to give your honest opinion. Let's see if you have the honesty to actually answer a direct question with a direct answer.

I have never advocated that Christians be harmed, mistreated or have rights taken away from them. But I have also no accepted that Christians may harm, mistreat or keep rights from others nor should they be exempted from laws which was another thread which I believe you ignored, probably as it suits you better to whine about being picked on then actually putting into words of your own of what you believe.

Now what about the gays, full rights, no rights some rights, I dare you to answer the questions above.

Old 03-14-2016, 10:19 PM

1,807 posts, read 1,899,817 times
Quote:
More baseless claims. Your side always attacks my character regardless of what I post.
Jeff, most of your posts either completely ignore questions that were directed specifically for you to answer, shift the blame onto others, or claim 'attacks' where none exist.

You may have something worthwhile or valuable to say, but it's hidden behind constant complaints and a 'poor me' attitude.

If you want us to take you seriously, buck up and quit whining.

Old 03-15-2016, 03:05 AM

21,087 posts, read 29,345,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I think he deliberately ignores anything that interferes with his narrative.
Those who were once fundies ourselves, remember the days when truth was spoken and we had all sorts of ways to AVOID hearing it -- at the very least to deny it existed--aka GLOBAL WARMING--

If it wan's in the bible, it was NEVER going to be acceptable.

Tunnel vision is very dangerous, but once they have grown accustomed to that view, we all know it is terribly difficult to one's perspective.

Old 03-15-2016, 06:16 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,691,223 times
Quote:
Well you certainly strongly implied it. Are you going to deny that too? didn't start this thread either, but you love to accuse us of being obsessed with this topic when in reality, it's your side that is doing the bulk of posting.
Well Jeff, once again you are in the top 3 for most posts on the topic of homosexuality, obsess much? https://www.city-data.com/forum/misc....sted&t=2545832

Old 03-15-2016, 07:00 AM

10,103 posts, read 5,777,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaTeal View Post
Well Jeff, once again you are in the top 3 for most posts on the topic of homosexuality, obsess much? https://www.city-data.com/forum/misc....sted&t=2545832
Let's see, 12 ppl attacking me at once, and you complain that I'm ignoring questions if I don't answer everyone back. If I answer everyone's question then you claim that I'm obsessed. Collectively, your side most definitely outweighs me on the bulk of replies about this topic, and I didn't start the thread either. Obsess much?

Old 03-15-2016, 07:06 AM

21,087 posts, read 29,345,536 times
Quote:
Let's see, 12 ppl attacking me at once, and you complain that I'm ignoring questions if I don't answer everyone back. If I answer everyone's question then you claim that I'm obsessed. Collectively, your side most definitely outweighs me on the bulk of replies about this topic, and I didn't start the thread either. Obsess much?
I so love a good US vs. THEM story line..

Maybe if there was ONE summary statement that included FACTS and actual EXAMPLES of how SSM ruined even ONE heterosexual marriage?

I believe that is what the majority of those 12 folks are asking--PROOF.

Old 03-15-2016, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Quoted from that inane article--

In legalizing gay marriage, we are accepting a form of sanctioned marriage that is not by habit monogamous and that is inventing all kinds of new models of how to accommodate lust and desire in long-term relationships.

People sometimes ask me, “How does gay marriage hurt traditional marriage?” The answer is right there. Once our society abolishes the heterosexual norm of marriage, what’s to keep it from abolishing other norms as well? If heterosexuality is no longer a norm, then why should monogamy be?

So the whole premise is based on MONOGAMY?

Then evangelicals are dumber than most conservatives..

Heterosexual folks have been CHEATING since the idea of MARRIAGE was introduced..

And most heterosexual marriage couples do not cheat. You can not say the same for gay couples. Promiscuity and homosexuality are tied at the hip. It is a prime reason why only their group makes up the mass majority of HIV cases. Without having any religious convictions, people look to society and the law as their moral compass. So if fooling around even within a marriage becomes the norm then yes marriage is destroyed.

Old 03-15-2016, 07:23 AM

15,158 posts, read 12,323,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
I mean it obviously does, right?

One day my wife and I were just sitting there, all happily married, and then BOOM! , out of the blue we both looked at each other kind of funny. I asked what was wrong and she said " I don't know, but something just feels weird. Do you feel it?" I sat quietly for a minute, and then I said " yeah, I do. What is it". We couldn't figure it out. Then we decided that it felt like marriage sucked. We both said we still loved each other , but we could just tell our marriage was going downhill, rapidly. For what reason we simply could not figure out. We talked and talked, nothing seemed to have changed but something obviously had. We went to bed , hoping that things would be better in the morning, but they were even worse in the morning. Then when we watched the news we figured it all at .

THE GAYS WERE ALLOWED TO GET MARRIED NOW ALSO!

So THATS what the problem was! The gays destroyed marriage, and that's what we had felt. We even did some checking, and sure enough, right at the time we felt the BOOM!, it turns out a gay couple had said "I do". And BAM! , just ruined it.

So , we realize the only hope for heterosexual marriage in America is to pass new laws against gay marriage, so heterosexual marriages can return to normal. And we must do this for our kids as well! My daughter called that very day crying. She and her fiancée were planning their marriage, but they too realized that there is no point now. The gays have ruined it for everyone.

We have learned that we are not the only happily married heterosexual couple to have their marriage destroyed by gay marriage , and sadly that many other young couples have had to give up on the hope of marriage due to the gays destroying it for us all. So , all of you brave Americans, please feel free to share your stories about how gay marriage has destroyed yours , and your childrens and grandchildrens hopes for the kind of happy heterosexual marriage we all had before the gays got to have the same rights to get married as we do.

We hope to save our blessed heterosexual marriage from the ravaging effects of gay marriage through counseling, and our counselor tells us that they are all overwhelmed with requests for appointments from heterosexuals suffering the same fate as us now that gay marriage is destroying heterosexual marriages across America. At the same time there are numerous reports of heterosexual couples canceling their weddings because it is pointless now that gays can get married also.

We must act NOW to save heterosexual marriage from complete ruin and even extinction as a result of two gay or lesbian people being allowed the same rights that were once the exclusive province of heterosexuals.
You're kidding, right?

While I'm not a fan of gay marriage, IMO a marriage is what the two people involved in the marriage make of it. It's a contract, a relationship between them, and if such a relationship is going south, they have to look at themselves, what they brought to the marriage, their own commitments to each other and to the relationship. In looking to blame societal events for your own marital failures is barking up the wrong tree, you're allowing yourself to become a victim where you don't have to be one. That other groups have hijacked the concept of marriage from it's original meaning as a relationship between one man and one woman doesn't make this concept any less valid for you, and for the millions of others who still honor their commitment to each other.

My husband and I have been happily married for 36 yrs, and it gets even better as the years go by. I can't imagine our relationship being affected by what other people do.

Old 03-15-2016, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
I so love a good US vs. THEM story line..

Maybe if there was ONE summary statement that included FACTS and actual EXAMPLES of how SSM ruined even ONE heterosexual marriage?

I believe that is what the majority of those 12 folks are asking--PROOF.
Which I did provide with my article. But your side narrows the focus to be only direct immediate damage. I made the valid point that social changes don't happen overnight. Of course, that was ignored too. Anyone who thinks heterosexual marriage would have immediate overnight fallout is not being realistic. You reap what you sow and the harvest hasn't come in yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality