Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2016, 07:51 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,321,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
More parroting? What is up with that? Why do so many fundamentalists parrot back what is said to them? Interesting phenomenon.... but never mind that, let's get to the meat of your accusation. Which is that you are wrong again, Jeffy. I complain about the prejudice and bigotry of some Bible believing Christians. Because prejudice and bigotry destroys innocent people and must be exposed and fought. You, on the other hand, complain about ALL homosexuals. Me? A closet fundamentalist Christian? Sounds suffocating. And dark. Besides.... I can think for myself and believe a woman's place is in the pulpit. And the Oval Office.

I'd make a LOUSY fundamentalist.
I think Jeff confuse the words some and all. Or else he believes that if one person in a group says or does something all members of the group have now done so.

Old 03-14-2016, 07:58 PM

10,086 posts, read 5,730,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
More parroting? What is up with that? Why do so many fundamentalists parrot back what is said to them? Interesting phenomenon.... but never mind that, let's get to the meat of your accusation. Which is that you are wrong again, Jeffy. I complain about the prejudice and bigotry of some Bible believing Christians. Because prejudice and bigotry destroys innocent people and must be exposed and fought. You, on the other hand, complain about ALL homosexuals. Me? A closet fundamentalist Christian? Sounds suffocating. And dark. Besides.... I can think for myself and believe a woman's place is in the pulpit. And the Oval Office.

I'd make a LOUSY fundamentalist.

Parroting? I am only showing how ridiculous arguments like closet gay poster are by mirroring it back to you. You would make a lousy magician because the misdirection is quite obvious. Stick to the topic and leave me personally out it. How many times do I have to say that?

Old 03-14-2016, 07:58 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,161,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
I think Jeff confuse the words some and all. Or else he believes that if one person in a group says or does something all members of the group have now done so.
I think he deliberately ignores anything that interferes with his narrative.

Old 03-14-2016, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
I never accused anyone of being a closet case, don't put words in my mouth/words from my fingers.

I also didn't start any threads about it,so I don't know what you're talking about.

I just don't understand how someone can get so wrapped up in issues that don't effect them in any way, shape, or form. Ssm hasn't changed anything for heterosexual people who want to get married.
Well you certainly strongly implied it. Are you going to deny that too? didn't start this thread either, but you love to accuse us of being obsessed with this topic when in reality, it's your side that is doing the bulk of posting.

Old 03-14-2016, 08:08 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,321,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Parroting? I am only showing how ridiculous arguments like closet gay poster are by mirroring it back to you. You would make a lousy magician because the misdirection is quite obvious. Stick to the topic and leave me personally out it. How many times do I have to say that?
Yet you feel free to declare that it does not bother me if Christians are attacked or mistreated. Maybe if you do not want to be attacked personally you should cease making personal attacks on others. Most of your posts on this thread have been off topic and you have made the claim or should i say whine that your valid points were ignored when in fact you never made any points up to that time pertaining to the topic.

People are not arguing with you because you are a Christian. You are just a person who presents your case poorly, ignore or misrepresent what others say and relish the role of victim.

Old 03-14-2016, 08:10 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,540,438 times
Quote:
Hey if all else fails, just accuse the opponent of actually being a closet gay person! Works everytime huh? Of course, it is a very weak debate tactic, but maybe it will work for those who are 99% on the atheist side.

Here's a thought, if you don't like the topic, don't start threads about it!
You're talking to me I suppose.

I didn't accuse you, I merely put forward the question of the possibility, since it's a well know fact that many who are homophobic, or in the case of many, many " preachers " who preach anti gay hatred end up being gay themselves. The are usually found out not of there own choosing. :roll eyes:

So the question begs, why do you appear so obsessed with gay people?

Old 03-14-2016, 08:16 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,172,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
You're talking to me I suppose.

I didn't accuse you, I merely put forward the question of the possibility, since it's a well know fact that many who are homophobic, or in the case of many, many " preachers " who preach anti gay hatred end up being gay themselves. The are usually found out not of there own choosing. :roll eyes:

So the question begs, why do you appear so obsessed with gay people?
Many of us have wondered about that....

Old 03-14-2016, 08:39 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,221,390 times
Quote:
Well you certainly strongly implied it. Are you going to deny that too? didn't start this thread either, but you love to accuse us of being obsessed with this topic when in reality, it's your side that is doing the bulk of posting.
I didn't imply anything. If you read more into what I posted, that's on you, not me, Jeff.

As for the whole "your side" thing, I'm a spiritual person, I just don't agree with the way christianity is handled. I was turned off to the formal church as a teen and I have to say, people like you make me glad I did.

Hypocritical and insincere, that's how I view most Christians, not all, because there are some that live the word, live the Golden rule, and don't use their religion as weapon to oppress others.

I say to each their own. You are the one that takes offense for reading what I post and feel you are being slighted. You find a way to play the victim card when it was never a desire by me or the purpose.

Old 03-14-2016, 09:28 PM

Quote:
I didn't imply anything. If you read more into what I posted, that's on you, not me, Jeff.
You absolutely did and you know it. It was a lame cheap shot that had absolutely nothing to do with the topic.

Quote:

As for the whole "your side" thing, I'm a spiritual person, I just don't agree with the way christianity is handled. I was turned off to the formal church as a teen and I have to say, people like you make me glad I did.
Let me guess, you are not implying that you are better than me, here right? I guess I'm just "reading more into" it. People like me? You don't know thing about me. People like YOU are extremely judgmental as you show here once again.

Quote:

Hypocritical and insincere, that's how I view most Christians, not all, because there are some that live the word, live the Golden rule, and don't use their religion as weapon to oppress others.

I say to each their own. You are the one that takes offense for reading what I post and feel you are being slighted. You find a way to play the victim card when it was never a desire by me or the purpose.
Then do enlighten me to the true purpose and intent of your comment about fondling genitals.

Old 03-14-2016, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Yet you feel free to declare that it does not bother me if Christians are attacked or mistreated. Maybe if you do not want to be attacked personally you should cease making personal attacks on others.
More baseless claims. Your side always attacks my character regardless of what I post.

Quote:

Most of your posts on this thread have been off topic and you have made the claim or should i say whine that your valid points were ignored when in fact you never made any points up to that time pertaining to the topic.
And most of your points have been nothing but direct personal attacks instead of actually giving me a direct counter argument. Do I need to go back and post examples?

Quote:

People are not arguing with you because you are a Christian. You are just a person who presents your case poorly, ignore or misrepresent what others say and relish the role of victim.

Really, and does that explain why the other Bible believing Christians who do not support homosexuality also get jumped on here? Oh no, it's only because of me according to you. This is a really old tactic where the atheist not only attacks the Christian's character, but makes it sound like they are the ONLY ones in the entire world who hold to such positions. Isolation tactic. Again, the topic is gay marriage so whatever you think about me personally has nothing to do with the topic. Got that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality