Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2016, 08:20 AM

6,855 posts, read 2,845,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Sorry, that's not the same as saying it's constitutional. Nor is your opinion of the "well being" of others the standard.

Homosexual sex has been well-documented to be unhealthy. You can stick your head in the sand, and I'm sure you might call me a bigot for even pointing that out.

But the fact remains, it's not intellectually consistent to tell a man that he can't marry his mother or sister if you're going to argue that SSM should be legal. Not that the pro-SSM argument has ever really been concerned with truth...

You have yet to really make that case. Many of us don't believe that anyone has a right to define marriage however they want.

There is no such thing as "homosexual sex"; there is just sex. Gay people have sex the exact same way straight people do. Straight couples have anal and oral sex too! Point of fact, 38% percent of straight women admit to enjoying anal sex, and I'm willing to bet that 99.5 % of straight women enjoy at least receiving oral, if not giving.

Old 03-16-2016, 08:28 AM

Quote:
What's amazing is that when people point out that many pedophiles are gay, you guys freak out. Now you're doing the same thing to argue against incestual relationships.

Why the double standard?
This lie can make a person crazy because it is such an offensive lie. This repeated nonsense has damaged relationships of LGBT people within their families and extended families. “Don’t let Aunt Lesbian near the kids and surely not Uncle Gay. They will touch our kids inappropriately and use them sexually.” Molestation of children is NOT an issue of orientation. Repeat, repeat, repeat. Molestation of children is about being attracted to a child’s age, not gender of the child or the abuser. Repeat, repeat, repeat. In a 2008 study of medical records in a Denver emergency room in cases of molestation, 1% had been attributed to LGBT people. The overwhelming majority of molestation is inflicted by heterosexual relatives and friends. This lie has to stop. FRC and the others quote and requote 87% of all cases of pedophilia involve a gay person. WHERE do they get this stuff? The one report they keep quoting with assurance has been thrown out as sloppy and false work by any expert of repute. Yet, the rhetoric they call the truth is robbing LGBT people of family, and family of their gay relatives. Destruction of family? Yes. For a lie.

One day, Vizio, you will stand before God and He will ask why you spread such damaging lies, that have destroyed human beings, and have destroyed families. If I were you I'd start thinking of how to answer now rather than then.

Old 03-16-2016, 08:43 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,373,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
As usual, a single statistic doesn't really tell us the whole picture.
It would be nice if you would realize that yourself when you are citing, and entirely misrepresenting, anti homosexuality statistics. Such as when you make claims about disease rates in homosexuality, but you only quote a SINGLE statistic for a VERY specific sub set of homosexuals.

Seems single statistics and mis-represented statistics are perfectly ok with you.... when they are serving your agenda. But not otherwise. As usual for your MO: It is one rule for you, and one for everyone else.

Old 03-16-2016, 08:51 AM

Quote:
I don't know who those evanglicals are that are calling for death, or destruction of property. It certainly is not a Biblical position. Why do you just take them at their word that they represent Jesus?

Phil Robertson
Pat Robertson
Kevin Swanson
Scott Lively
Sharon Slater
Brian Brown
Larry Jacobs
Paul Cameron

This is just a short list.

Old 03-16-2016, 08:54 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,219,613 times
Quote:
I don't know who those evanglicals are that are calling for death, or destruction of property. It certainly is not a Biblical position. Why do you just take them at their word that they represent Jesus?
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
Phil Robertson
Pat Robertson
Kevin Swanson
Scott Lively
Sharon Slater
Brian Brown
Larry Jacobs
Paul Cameron

This is just a short list.
Left out my FAVORITE--DR. JAMES "BACK-DOOR" DOBSON

Because they have a CHURCH, many followers, profess Jesus as SAVIOR, and thump the bible as good as any evangelical ever has.

Just as other evangelicals call SSM / LGBT a sin and they CLAIM to be "christian?"

Old 03-16-2016, 09:01 AM

Quote:
And you don't grasp the difference between 2 men doing what they want in their bedroom and adopting a child and teaching that child that an unhealthy practice is acceptable? Or changing the very definition of an institution that has existed since time began to suit a very few people?

And...there's another lie. Keep it up, Viz. Modern human beings have been on this planet for only about 30,000 years, marriage has been an institution for 6,000-5,000 years at best. Hardly "since time began."

Old 03-16-2016, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Left out my FAVORITE--DR. JAMES "BACK-DOOR" DOBSON

Because they have a CHURCH, many followers, profess Jesus as SAVIOR, and thump the bible as good as any evangelical ever has.

Just as other evangelicals call SSM / LGBT a sin and they CLAIM to be "christian?"
I did forget him, didn't I? There are so many others. I don't understand how people like these, and Vizio can call themselves Christian while blatantly lying about LGBT people. They do it so effortlessly. I don't understand it.

Old 03-16-2016, 09:06 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,645,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
god should utterly destroy the devil, don't you think?

Wouldn't you if you had god powers?
If the devil is just as powerful as god, in essence we have two gods. Monotheism is just a flimsy concept.

Old 03-16-2016, 09:07 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
And...there's another lie. Keep it up, Viz. Modern human beings have been on this planet for only about 30,000 years, marriage has been an institution for 6,000-5,000 years at best. Hardly "since time began."
Fundies have a distinct lack of concern for the truth.

And if one happens to be a fundy Pastor, accepting certain truths could cost him his job. So, it's important - if not particularly brave or noble - to continue mocking the "LGBTQRCXOP"* and trying to deny them equal rights.

*Viz likes to type stuff like that. He thinks it demonstrates wit.

Old 03-16-2016, 09:10 AM

Quote:
In your opinion. Many of us believe that it's harmful to the child to see that type of immoral behavior modeled.

Just like I'm sure you'd hate to see a child adopted by a man that has an incestual relationship with his sister. We all agree that would be bad.

That would necessitate believing the assumption that gay couples have sex in front of their children, which is a disgusting accusation, and another effing lie. Keep it up, Viz.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality