Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2016, 02:32 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,998,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post

I'd suggest you ought to actually look at what the religion teaches, and if you don't know, perhaps you ought to defer to an expert...maybe......someone who has been to school for it and actually TEACHES IT....maybe a PASTOR? Yah...that might be an idea.....
LOL, I studied (and tried very hard to adopt) Christianity literally for decades.

May I suggest that you are actually the one who needs a brush-up course? Only God can see into a man's soul and know what he's actually thinking. You may also need a little re-reading of Ecclesiastes. No one on earth is sinless. None. Zero. Zip. Which would, I'm assuming (since they're human, correct?) include "real" Christians. Since no man on earth is sinless, and Christian men are real actual men and not holograms or something, then "real" Christians can in fact sin, including touching little boys. You have some reading ahead of you this weekend; but do let me know if you need further corrections here, I'm here to help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2016, 02:35 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,189,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
LOL, I studied (and tried very hard to adopt) Christianity literally for decades.
I honestly wouldn't have guessed...

Old 04-29-2016, 02:40 PM

Quote:
I honestly wouldn't have guessed...
I've given my story before. Decades. Literally. Actually I just gave it on the Christianity board, if you check my previous posts you'll see it...I can't remember which thread it was in, I've been all over the boards today. It may have been the "son of God" one?

Yes. Decades. The simple fact is that I wasn't about to dismiss Christianity out of hand, I wanted to seek God myself, not listen to Cliff's Notes and think "oh, this is all hooey." So no. I don't need help in that direction but thank you.

Old 04-29-2016, 02:44 PM

11,019 posts, read 5,984,846 times
Quote:
In yet ANOTHER story of good deeds, a Christian pastor recently did something nice for his community. He took his neighbor (non church-goer) to a detox center 90 minutes away where he was able to get sober. 6 months later, the man is still sober and very grateful for the help received.
Now that is what I like to hear. Thanks for posting the thread.
I have had Christian folks (one of them a pastor) going out of their way for me. Was it because they were Christian or because they are good people at heart? Probably both.

Old 04-29-2016, 02:44 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:

I just want to show that there are honest, good, hard-working pastors that toil day in and day out, many in small churches in areas like mine, that never get heard of.
I'm still trying to figure out how driving a neighbor for a 90 minute trip to a rahab center is an example of "toiling". It's a nice thing to do.... but..... coal mining is "toiling". Driving a car? Not so much.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 04-29-2016 at 02:52 PM..

Old 04-29-2016, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I'm still trying to figure out how driving a neighbor for a 90 minute trip to a rahab center is "toiling".
His car is a manual?

I'm kidding. Despite our bickering, Vizio, I am (as I said much earlier in this thread) happy to hear you helped someone and I wish that man the best of health.

Old 04-29-2016, 02:54 PM

Quote:
His car is a manual?
Maybe he took the 405 at rush hour.

Old 04-29-2016, 02:54 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Viz, you're talking out of both sides of your mouth.

You've often posted that you, me, everybody - including newborn babies - are all just sinful bags of flesh infecting the planet.

Yet Christians who commit crimes aren't Christians - in Vizioworld.

Are Muslims who commit crimes still Muslims?

How about Animists?

Oh! I betcha think Atheists who commit crimes are DEFINITELY Atheists!

Sheesh.
Viz, you must have missed this post or I'm sure you would have answered the questions.

Old 04-29-2016, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Maybe he took the 405 at rush hour.
OMG.

Dude said "toil," not "waterboarding-level torture."

Old 04-29-2016, 03:04 PM

Quote:
OMG.

Dude said "toil," not "waterboarding-level torture."
Having lived through years of waterboarding-level torture probably affects my definition of "toiling".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality