Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2016, 09:55 AM

88,591 posts, read 84,838,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
The Jews rejected their Messiah, so he went to the Gentiles.

Come to your Messiah, Richard. He offers salvation to you if you trust in him.
Vizio, you do realize, don't you, that Richard talks about Jesus on the Judaism forum and gets slapped around for that over there?

Richard's schtick is arguing. Nothing wrong with that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2016, 09:55 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,043,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Yes, isn't that what I referred to? But you are trying to make it sound as if it's a primary objective of the religion. Fact is, the great majority of Christians these days don't even know any Jews and rarely think about them.

You didn't acknowledge that some churches speak out against proselytizing to Jews, that Jews and Christians often work together for a common good, that during WWII there were Christians who went before the firing squad or died in the camps rather than turn in their Jewish neighbors...

Yup, the Jews were persecuted throughout history. In other news, Earth revolves around the Sun.

But you just look silly trying to make it sound as if the obliteration of Judaism is the goal of the Christian Church in this day my and age.

And you aren't even really Jewish anyway lol.
You look silly pretending that it was not the goal...

And, yes, I am Jewish...And your remark was offensive...

Old 05-28-2016, 09:56 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,198,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Vizio, you do realize, don't you, that Richard talks about Jesus on the Judaism forum and gets slapped around for that over there?

Richard's schtick is arguing. Nothing wrong with that.
I don't frequent the Judaism forum. To go there simply to argue would be disingenuous of me.

Old 05-28-2016, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greaemonkey View Post
Luke was there before Jesus was born to verify this?! Seriously?!
Lol...You hit the nail on the head...

Old 05-28-2016, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
You look silly pretending that it was not the goal...
That response doesn't make any sense as a response to my post. So why you didn't read what I wrote? "Was" when? At particular times and places throughout the last 2000 years, it has indeed been the goal to obliterate the Jews. Is it the goal of the Christian church now? No, of course not. Yup, there are some Christians that would like to convert them. There are other Christians who think converting Jews is an affront to God (I'm in that club). There are others, probably the majority, who simply don't care and never even think about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
And, yes, I am Jewish...And your remark was offensive...
Seriously? I didn't mean to offend. I thought I was stating a fact. But you are not Jewish by birth or upbringing, correct? I got the impression that you were a goy who adopted a form of Messianic Judaism in adulthood.

But it's not for me to decide who is Jewish and who isn't anymore than it is for me to decide who is Christian and who isn't, so I'll take that back.

Old 05-28-2016, 10:04 AM

Quote:
He did research. He stated as much. I'm sure he interviewed Mary.
Oh, and she just said "Why, yes, I was a virgin."?....So, that settled it?...Wow!...So, you're just assuming?...

Old 05-28-2016, 10:05 AM

Quote:
I don't frequent the Judaism forum. To go there simply to argue would be disingenuous of me.
Yes, it would. I go there to learn. Mostly read, rarely post.

Old 05-28-2016, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Holy cow ...it's like asking my GP to verify when my Aunt Betty lost her virginity.
Yea, amazing, ain't it?...

Old 05-28-2016, 10:08 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,195,004 times
Quote:
Luke was there before Jesus was born to verify this?! Seriously?!
Quote:
He did research. He stated as much. I'm sure he interviewed Mary.
Ludicrous, even for you, Viz.

Old 05-28-2016, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Profound argument. I'm sure everyone here will give up Christianity IMMEDIATELY and follow your brand of Judaism. Thank you for that.
Whoa!...What?...MY brand of Judaism?...All they have to do is dead the Torah...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality