Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2016, 05:51 AM

3,859 posts, read 3,048,180 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by galveston201 View Post
How to know you're going to heaven when I die will suicide keep me from going to heaven despite being baptistery ask for heaven on Facebook and say Joel Ostend prayer 7 times
Only God decides who is going to Heaven. Not you - not I - not anyone else on this planet can answer your question - and DO NOT listen to those blasphemous morons who claim that they are "saved". They don't know any more than anyone else. They have the ridiculous notion that THEY can decide that they are going to Heaven. These idiots think that they don't even need God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2016, 06:28 AM

1,248 posts, read 1,258,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
Only God decides who is going to Heaven. Not you - not I - not anyone else on this planet can answer your question - and DO NOT listen to those blasphemous morons who claim that they are "saved". They don't know any more than anyone else. They have the ridiculous notion that THEY can decide that they are going to Heaven. These idiots think that they don't even need God.
It was decided by God over 2,000 years ago as was decided at the beginning of humanity to do just that.

Unfortunately, not to many know it. If, they did, heaven is just a step away.

gods, with the lower case g.....are we. Made after God's image.

You have the final choice to choose God or not and experience the difference in the here and now, otherwise, you'll have to wait till your life expires to find out. When, wasted years of life could have experienced God's presence (Heavens backing) in your life.

Recall these words: "Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

Kingdom of God has come to earth. If you haven't experienced it yet, then heaven is not here for you.

Blessings, AJ

Old 06-16-2016, 01:04 PM

20,442 posts, read 12,796,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarantula spider View Post
What is so great about heaven, I have no interest in it?
What if someone you loved dearly was there?

Old 06-16-2016, 01:06 PM

20,442 posts, read 12,796,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
How does God decide? What's the criteria?

Old 06-16-2016, 10:40 PM

1,248 posts, read 1,258,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
How does God decide? What's the criteria?
God decided it over 2,000 years ago.

The question really is, will you accept His gift?

Mankind was lost in the creation process. It was unavoidable...if, God was to create us in His image.

Therefore, God did not abandon us to a lost estate but rather provided us with a means to renew our dead spirit into a spirit that will never die again ....via God's Son Jesus.

Blessings, AJ

Old 06-17-2016, 01:29 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,862,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
What if someone you loved dearly was there?
What if someone you loved dearly wasn't? Are you going to enjoy your eternity of knowing they are being tortured? Will you enjoy hearing their screams within your head?

Old 06-17-2016, 05:20 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,738,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by look3467 View Post
God decided it over 2,000 years ago.

The question really is, will you accept His gift?

Mankind was lost in the creation process. It was unavoidable...if, God was to create us in His image.

Therefore, God did not abandon us to a lost estate but rather provided us with a means to renew our dead spirit into a spirit that will never die again ....via God's Son Jesus.

Blessings, AJ
Jimmie askes some surprisingly pertinent and perceptive questions. I couldn't care less really about theological debates, but I have to ask - if it was all decided 2,000 years ago (why not 6,000?), why does it matter what we choose? It's like prayer, if it's all been decided already, what's the point in asking for it to go this way or that?

There is an answer, but I wonder whether anyone will spot it?

Old 06-17-2016, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
What if someone you loved dearly wasn't? Are you going to enjoy your eternity of knowing they are being tortured? Will you enjoy hearing their screams within your head?
Heaven only makes sense if you become something that is effectively robbed of all humanity. That is, if a hell is also postulated. That is one reason why Heaven makes no sense and why I wouldn't want it anyway. Though I do feel that our lives could be 100 active years longer.

Old 06-17-2016, 04:12 PM

22,192 posts, read 19,233,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
...why does it matter what we choose? It's like prayer, if it's all been decided already, what's the point in asking for it to go this way or that?
it matters because it determines who you become in the process.

your choices (including all that you choose to think, speak, feel, and act) determine how your life progresses, and how you advance and develop, at the human level, and also at the soul level.

the goal is for you to grow into your best self; also to recognize your relationship with Divinity.

what is your understanding of free will, and its purpose?

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 06-17-2016 at 04:22 PM..

Old 06-17-2016, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
it matters because it determines who you become in the process.

your choices (including all that you choose to think, speak, feel, and act) determine how your life progresses, and how you advance and develop, at the human level, and also at the soul level.

the goal is for you to grow into your best self; also to recognize your relationship with Divinity.

what is your understanding of free will, and its purpose?
I get that, but the same obtains with just living life to the full and not needing to use prayer at all. Meditation,perhaps. I do it myself, at times. And my place in the world, since I don't believe in any divinities. Apart from that, we do the same.

Free will, as I understand it, is a theological gimmick to blame us for God being a poor manager of the world he made.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality