Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2016, 08:40 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,850,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
So, you are stating that the Jews completely misunderstand their own scriptures?...
LOL! Christians have always claimed that. According to them, not only do you not understand your own scriptures...you missed your own Messiah too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2016, 10:12 AM

3,483 posts, read 4,042,995 times
Quote:
But, you don't know Hebrew But I do...
Hd4me is the same person who tried to tell us that a definite article in Hebrew signifies a personal name.... yet he seems pretty confidant in teaching us even more Hebrew! I love it!

I just need to remember to not engage with Fundamentalists like that - they are stuck in their ways, and no amount of demonstration will ever lead them to a greater understanding of their own faith. I don't know why I keep getting sucked into these useless wastes of my time with those people still stuck in the 1700s - it accomplishes absolutely NOTHING. They only learn to be more insular and how to build up more bulwarks against common sense. Ugh.

Old 07-18-2016, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hd4me View Post
Nah I'm comfortable with what the Bible teaches and what it doesn't and it's not convoluted as some make it out to be. There are better translations of scriptures than others so I use several." B'nai Elohim"= "sons of God" not "gods" but there are other scriptures that uses the term "gods"...perhaps you are confusing them.
Nope. This has already been dealt with on this thread and other threads on this forum. Read those posts, or learn Biblical Hebrew and stop spreading misinformation. You can only convince other ignorant people. Is that what you're trying to do?

Old 07-18-2016, 10:33 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,016,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoppers View Post
Hd4me is the same person who tried to tell us that a definite article in Hebrew signifies a personal name.... yet he seems pretty confidant in teaching us even more Hebrew! I love it!

I just need to remember to not engage with Fundamentalists like that - they are stuck in their ways, and no amount of demonstration will ever lead them to a greater understanding of their own faith. I don't know why I keep getting sucked into these useless wastes of my time with those people still stuck in the 1700s - it accomplishes absolutely NOTHING. They only learn to be more insular and how to build up more bulwarks against common sense. Ugh.
You're like me, you can't stand to see BS run amok unchecked...But, there maybe someone that sees your post and has a "wait a minute" moment and actually learns something....

Old 07-18-2016, 11:55 AM

Quote:
You're like me, you can't stand to see BS run amok unchecked...But, there maybe someone that sees your post and has a "wait a minute" moment and actually learns something....
Heh heh, you may be right. Unfortunately, my posts usually fall under the TLDR category (Too Long Didn't Read)! It's extremely difficult to discuss certain concepts when the underlying basics are missing, and one spends their time going over the basics and writing a wall of text before even getting to the point. I guess I take for granted that certain basics are usually taught in University or Adult learning classes (such as in some advanced Jewish study groups or Christian Sunday Schools).

There's a great book available for both Jews and Christians alike called The Birth of Satan: Tracing the Devil's Biblical Roots by T. J. Wray and Gregory Mobley (2005, St. Martin's Press). It's extremely useful and accessible and should probably be required reading for all believers (and nonbelievers interested in the subject alike): https://www.amazon.com/Birth-Satan-T.../dp/1403969337.

If there's anyone reading this far, you can purchase it at the link above OR download it here: https://app.box.com/s/s25hcmsgti58cnbqkoh7ie1yo5l16lxi. If you like it, please DO buy a copy for yourself.

Old 07-18-2016, 12:31 PM

63,775 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
So, you are stating that the Jews completely misunderstand their own scriptures?...
They understand them just fine, Richard. It was and is their carnal focus and expectations that caused them to miss the Christ and to misunderstand their God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality