Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2016, 08:18 PM

19,956 posts, read 13,450,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
I agree with you.
Who is trying to force you to not eat pork, or to not mix meat and milk?

I still don't understand why you are so upset about how other people eat.
He is not contending that anyone is forcing him to do those things. Why are you pretending that he is?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2016, 08:23 PM

22,138 posts, read 19,198,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
He is not contending that anyone is forcing him to do those things. Why are you pretending that he is?
because he said this in his own post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
That may be fine for the individual to practice but it certainly should not be a basis for imposing ANY proscription on other people.
he seems very concerned that food choices are being imposed, and i am just curious where he experiences or sees that happening?

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 06-30-2016 at 08:50 PM..

Old 06-30-2016, 08:56 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,912,231 times
Quote:
so you readily admit to calling a large swath of humanity "not intelligent and capable humans"
and in the same breath
or more aptly put talking out of both sides of your mouth at once
speak of "living in community in love" and "following the course you determine is best"

and claim to be using intelligence

yikes
I said your culture has an insane element to it, just like every other culture in the world. Get over it and start thinking instead of reacting.

Old 06-30-2016, 09:15 PM

63,775 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Do you even read my posts or are you just parroting your own criticisms as if I am guilty of them. I never referred to other humans as "pets" "dumb animals" "apes and pigs." I referred to the obedience mindset and actions as like pets in obedience training with complete explanation, NOT people. So either cite my post that contains such garbage or withdraw your inferences. I don't know why you see me and my views so negatively, but it is all your perceptions and inferences, not reality.
Quote:
your posts speak for themselves, and so do nate's.
Apparently they only speak to those who are negatively disposed to the anti-barbaric agape love views. Nate is his own person and is not in any way associated with me. But he tends to capture the essence of the barbarism in some views.

Old 06-30-2016, 09:16 PM

Quote:
I said your culture has an insane element to it, just like every other culture in the world. Get over it and start thinking instead of reacting.
and what culture is that? what specific culture are you referring to?

Old 06-30-2016, 09:16 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,083,547 times
Quote:
Forget about culture of other people. Let's talk about you.

Did you figure it out yet? What's the reason of your birth? I guess, you don't know. And perhaps that's why you are so upset?

Seriously, give it a thought, and see if you could think of a reason why you were born?

Old 06-30-2016, 09:22 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,912,231 times
Quote:
Get real, you've been sputtering like a wet firecracker since your first post, not tracking and looking for anything you can work into a way to discredit me or payback for the insult concerning the overreaction the prohibition on cooking a kid in its mother's milk. It was an example of the dead wrong approach to antique prohibitions: not just unthinking, but irrational.

Last edited by nateswift; 06-30-2016 at 09:46 PM..

Old 06-30-2016, 09:24 PM

63,775 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Speaking for myself and not nate, I would say he is referring to the culture that actually believed God needed to be appeased by the yearly slaughter of innocent animals and obedience to rigid religious laws. If you cannot see the selfish barbarism in the concept, you seriously need to elevate your consciousness and sense of love for all life.

Old 06-30-2016, 10:10 PM

Quote:
....looking for anything you can work into a way to discredit me or payback for the insult ....
simply quoting your own posts does the job nicely.

what culture are you referring to in post #43 when you say "your culture has an insane element to it"

Old 06-30-2016, 10:58 PM

23,125 posts, read 10,426,638 times
Quote:
If you believe it is about esoteric knowledge, have a ball, so long as no one is harmed. I believe that Jesus delivered a very simple message, and our job is to implement it.
It's not being implemented Nate, and it has not been followed in Lo these many years. Pagan Romans gave up everything to follow Christ, they left off their involvement in the worship of other Gods and this meant rejecting the Saturnalia.

Those first Christian converts had it simple, they converted to the religion of Christ and his worship system and were taught the law.

That is not what takes place now. As Christians we should all readily know of the coming rain on Shemini Atzeret and we should all be prepared every year in praying for that rain because it is the ultimate goal of any Christian, well, it should be the ultimate goal.

The Christianity today is not simple when you begin with a platform of trying to convert people to a worship system not of Christ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality