Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2016, 03:57 AM

2,854 posts, read 2,054,369 times

Advertisements

There is a way that leads to life and there is a way that leads to death.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2016, 12:35 PM

20,020 posts, read 13,496,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
No, that's not the reason. That's cause and effect.

Looks you are the one who is clueless.

Try again.
Now, I know you are faithless, so you don't have to bring theology into this.
From your own understanding, knowledge, intellect and research, feel comfortable and tell me the reason of your birth?
There is no externally given purpose to anything including that I was born vs not born. Life is just stuff happening. If my parents had sex a few days later I would not have been born. If they had sex 3 seconds later it may well be that a different sperm would have fertilized the ovum. Unless you argue that god bestowed irresistible desire on my parents at a particular moment because of some Master Plan that I should be born vs not born or vs some other potential sibling being born instead, or that I would be the product of a particular egg and sperm vs some other.

That my birth doesn't portend anything in particular doesn't preclude me finding or making purpose and/or meaning within that random life.

I won the lottery, is all. What I do with it is largely up to me, within the menu of choices available to me.

I am not a special snowflake with a special purpose. So what?

Old 07-03-2016, 01:40 PM

63,822 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Look, you are the Muslim equivalent of Vizio with your stupid questions pretending to know the only real truth about anything. Vizio thinks it's because of the Bible and you probably think it's because of the Quran. Moderator cut: profanity removed and you don't know anything, let alone the truth about anything. It is very tiresome to see you playing this stupid question game. Go home and Moderator cut: profanity removed !!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
Looks like you don't know the reason of your birth either. Am I surprised?
You and Vizio are tedious and tiresome with your inane questions pretending you have some special knowledge granted by your stupid holy books. You don't know the reason for your birth because you believe the ignorant ramblings of our barbaric primitive ancestors who didn't have a clue about anything. You just happened to catch me in my Grumpy Old Man phase or I would just ignore your stupid ramblings. Now I have to repent for my outbursts.

Old 07-03-2016, 02:09 PM

Are you the same mordant at science forums.net?

Old 07-03-2016, 03:36 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,092,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You and Vizio are tedious and tiresome with your inane questions pretending you have some special knowledge granted by your stupid holy books. You don't know the reason for your birth because you believe the ignorant ramblings of our barbaric primitive ancestors who didn't have a clue about anything. You just happened to catch me in my Grumpy Old Man phase or I would just ignore your stupid ramblings. Now I have to repent for my outbursts.
I think you don't understand the basic difference between

"Having the knowlege of something"
and
"Having faith in something"

Not sure about Vizio but am I claiming that I know everything? Absolutely not! My knowledge is extremely limited; however, I do have faith.

And no, I am not gonna take a cheap shot at your age or you being a "grandpa" or going thru a heated moment. Many of us will go thru this phase of our lives before our time is up, the bell rings and the last curtain falls on our eyes.

Last edited by GoCardinals; 07-03-2016 at 04:16 PM..

Old 07-03-2016, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
There is no externally given purpose to anything including that I was born vs not born. Life is just stuff happening. If my parents had sex a few days later I would not have been born. If they had sex 3 seconds later it may well be that a different sperm would have fertilized the ovum. Unless you argue that god bestowed irresistible desire on my parents at a particular moment because of some Master Plan that I should be born vs not born or vs some other potential sibling being born instead, or that I would be the product of a particular egg and sperm vs some other.

That my birth doesn't portend anything in particular doesn't preclude me finding or making purpose and/or meaning within that random life.

I won the lottery, is all. What I do with it is largely up to me, within the menu of choices available to me.

I am not a special snowflake with a special purpose. So what?
So can we conclude from the above that the entire universe and everything in it came along purely by chance?

Old 07-03-2016, 10:37 PM

God isnt the beginning.
The beginning was chaos and Anarchy.
God is the end point.

The beginning was lifeless.
The end will be eternal life in the kingdom of God

Old 07-03-2016, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by granpa View Post
God isnt the beginning.
The beginning was chaos and Anarchy.
God is the end point.

The beginning was lifeless.
The end will be eternal life in the kingdom of God
That's your belief and I don't have an issue with it.

In my belief, an entity cannot be considered a "GOD" if it has a begining or an ending.
The very nature of God is that it's ONE and its infinite, otherwise, it's not a God.

Less then four minimutes, and it will introduce you to the nature of God to those who believe.

https://youtu.be/XERGzdFh-ok

Old 07-03-2016, 11:31 PM

Infinite what?

Old 07-03-2016, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by granpa View Post
Infinite what?
Power.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality