Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 12:55 PM

17 posts, read 40,054 times

Advertisements

]Leviticus 19:28: Is the Tattooist and Tattoo-bearer's worst nightmare.
The Lord plainly, clearly, strongly, and without a doubt – condemns the tattoo.

"Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD."
Leviticus 19:28 KJV

As an Ambassador of the Kingdom of God, I have no personal opinion about anything. I can only state the word of my King Jesus.

God made you beautiful, why do you feel a need to destroy God's work?

Who is influencing you? Could it be Satan? He will always tell you to go against God's will. Who will you follow: Jesus or Satan? Choose.

"Seek Ye First The Kingdom of God and His Righteousness and all this things will be added to you." Matthew 6:33
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2008, 01:02 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,889,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trejas View Post
]Leviticus 19:28: Is the Tattooist and Tattoo-bearer's worst nightmare.
The Lord plainly, clearly, strongly, and without a doubt – condemns the tattoo.

"Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD."
Leviticus 19:28 KJV

As an Ambassador of the Kingdom of God, I have no personal opinion about anything. I can only state the word of my King Jesus.

God made you beautiful, why do you feel a need to destroy God's work?

Who is influencing you? Could it be Satan? He will always tell you to go against God's will. Who will you follow: Jesus or Satan? Choose.

"Seek Ye First The Kingdom of God and His Righteousness and all this things will be added to you." Matthew 6:33
I'll make ya a deal.

You'll have me 100% convinced as soon as you post all of Leviticus 19 and tell me you abide by all of it.

Otherwise, aren't you just pulling a verse out that suits your fancy?

Waiting for Lev 19.......

So who will choose to follow....all of Lev 19 or Satan?

Last edited by Alpha8207; 08-25-2008 at 01:28 PM..

Old 08-25-2008, 01:25 PM

599 posts, read 1,261,016 times
Well I'm a very conservative Christian who was raised in a very conservative Christian home....and I'm seriously considering getting a tattoo . I might do it for my 50th birthday which, unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on which way you look at it ) is just a couple of years away . I've been thinking about it for several years and if I did get a tattoo it would be very small and discreet..maybe something honoring my children's Korean heritage such as a rose of sharon (the national flower of Korea) or something like that. So, in answer to the op, I don't think tattoos are strictly off limits for Christians...I think it's a matter of personal opinion.

Old 08-25-2008, 01:45 PM

3,434 posts, read 9,745,612 times
this Christian (me) has a big cross tattoo. I agree with Deb...its a personal opinion

Old 08-25-2008, 03:02 PM

Default God Is For You...

God's Law is his Word. It is design to get you to do the right things, according to God, who made you. Man's Law is designed to prevent something. Man's Law approves of tattoo's. God's Law does not, because he knows it will harm you. God is for you and what's nothing but the best for you.

A very deadly little secret. . .Underneath that harmless tattoo is a very serious risk of acquiring a deadly blood-borne disease such as AIDS, Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, tetanus, syphilis, tuberculosis and other blood-born diseases.
American Medical Association, July 1977

Last edited by trejas; 08-25-2008 at 03:11 PM.. Reason: code

Old 08-25-2008, 05:30 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,950,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trejas View Post
A very deadly little secret. . .Underneath that harmless tattoo is a very serious risk of acquiring a deadly blood-borne disease such as AIDS, Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, tetanus, syphilis, tuberculosis and other blood-born diseases.
American Medical Association, July 1977
That's not a secret... anyone with common sense knows that, and also knows the risk is VERY low at a reputable shop. They have to go through stringent safety and health inspections before getting a permit, which includes having autoclave (sterilizing) machines, latex gloves, new needles, etc. I have over 13 tattoos, which I've been "collecting" since age 16, and haven't yet gotten any diseases - because I always look for that permit on the wall before getting work done. If you see them use the autoclave, gloves & a new needle, there is really no chance of contracting anything. At least no more of a risk than getting a shot at the doctor, where I also hope they use proper precautions.

P.S. Did you notice that quote was from 1977? Obviously (hopefully) things have improved in 31 years!

Last edited by gizmo980; 08-25-2008 at 05:42 PM..

Old 08-25-2008, 05:52 PM

2,957 posts, read 7,385,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb in VA View Post
Well I'm a very conservative Christian who was raised in a very conservative Christian home....and I'm seriously considering getting a tattoo . I might do it for my 50th birthday which, unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on which way you look at it ) is just a couple of years away . I've been thinking about it for several years and if I did get a tattoo it would be very small and discreet..maybe something honoring my children's Korean heritage such as a rose of sharon (the national flower of Korea) or something like that. So, in answer to the op, I don't think tattoos are strictly off limits for Christians...I think it's a matter of personal opinion.
You should definitely get it!
Statistics show that most people who have not been tattooed by the time they are 26 will never be tattooed. I have met so many people who talk about getting a tattoo but never, ever do. That's a mistake. If you've made the decision that you want one then, believe me, you wont regret it - especially something small and discreet.
I got my first tattoo at 28 (yes, I do love proving that statistics don't matter)and I know several other people who have gotten them later in life. It's a good experience, and I really like the idea of honoring people with a tattoo.
Sounds like a perfect 50th birthday gift to me.

Old 08-25-2008, 07:12 PM

599 posts, read 1,261,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by b. frank View Post
You should definitely get it!
Statistics show that most people who have not been tattooed by the time they are 26 will never be tattooed. I have met so many people who talk about getting a tattoo but never, ever do. That's a mistake. If you've made the decision that you want one then, believe me, you wont regret it - especially something small and discreet.
I got my first tattoo at 28 (yes, I do love proving that statistics don't matter)and I know several other people who have gotten them later in life. It's a good experience, and I really like the idea of honoring people with a tattoo.
Sounds like a perfect 50th birthday gift to me.
Thanks b. frank....my biggest fear is the pain...not a big fan of pain

And I'd also want it someplace that's not too visible...like on my shoulder or something. Can you tell I'm really thinking about this?

Old 08-25-2008, 08:59 PM

76 posts, read 187,445 times
Default Sounding Brass & Tinkling Cymbals

If you feel that you are glorifying God and His precious only begotten son, our saviour Jesus Christ who died for your sins, then by all means go get your tats. I don't have any and don't want any and no one as of yet has offered me enough money to get one.
God puts these tests in front of us every day to see if we will obey and follow His way of Holiness just as He tested the Children of Israel for 40 years in the wilderness.
Also, I highly doubt that Jesus would sport a tat if they were available in His day.
People just want to make some excuse to live like the world and the devil and still profess they are a christian and a follower of Christ. What a joke and how hypocritical.
Consider the admonition of Paul the greatest apostle of the New Testament when he said in 1 Corinthians 6:12 ¶All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.

1 Corinthians 10:23 ¶All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not.

2 Corinthians 6:17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,...

IMHO tats are just about the ugliest things you ever laid eyes on, and neither are piercings. It's silly and rediculous and does in no way magnify the Lord.

Old 08-25-2008, 09:36 PM

Default Listen To God and Be Healthy

You may find a sterile tattoo parlor somewhere, but the ink is the weapon used against your body.

Tattoo inks are classified as cosmetics, so they aren't regulated or approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The pigments and dyes used in tattoo inks aren't approved for injection under the skin. Long-term effects of these pigments and dyes are well known. Specific risks of tattoos include: Blood-borne diseases, Skin disorders, Skin infections, MRI complications, Allergic reactions.

Mayo Clinic, March 2002

The truth is Satan is having fun watching you destroy yourself. Wise-up, God made you and he is trying to help you stay healthy. Lev. 19:28 stands.

Last edited by trejas; 08-25-2008 at 09:42 PM.. Reason: no title
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality