Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2017, 04:40 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,397,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Would you say that comes without fear, spouting verses about hell...gently and lovingly?
Absolutely, MissH. Those types of verses aren't called "clobber passages" without good reason. They don't wake people up -- they knock people out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
So you're saying, that one should always be open to be used of G-d for such a purpose then? Peace
No. There are no "shoulds" in being awake. There is simply the being in conscious awareness of, and attunement with, God within us. How/if that touches another person is not on our shoulders, it's on the shoulders of God within them. "Deep calls to deep", as I've heard it expressed.

aisi
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2017, 04:46 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,047,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Absolutely, MissH. Those types of verses aren't called "clobber passages" without good reason. They don't wake people up -- they knock people out.

No. There are no "shoulds" in being awake. There is simply the being in conscious awareness of, and attunement with, God within us. How/if that touches another person is not on our shoulders, it's on the shoulders of God within them. "Deep calls to deep", as I've heard it expressed.

aisi

I disagree. He had no trouble waking up the Pharisees when He turned over their tables, but to many it's a "knock out".

So one shouldn't be open to being used of G-d then? Peace

Old 08-24-2017, 04:51 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,195,004 times
Quote:
I disagree. He had no trouble waking up the Pharisees when He turned over their tables, but to many it's a "knock out".

Are you sure it's g-d?

You're the one who speaks so knowledgeably about demons and claims first-hand experience with them.

Old 08-24-2017, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Are you sure it's g-d?

You're the one who speaks so knowledgeably about demons and claims first-hand experience with them.

Well, let's test me according to the Word's test. Did Jesus Christ come in MY flesh? Why, yes; yes He did and I changed from my wicked ways OVERNIGHT, and continue to change to line up with the revealed Word, line.......by......line.......by......line.......b y.......line......by......"until Christ be formed in you."

Now you. Peace

Old 08-24-2017, 05:02 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,195,004 times
Quote:
Well, let's test me according to the Word's test. Did Jesus Christ come in MY flesh? Why, yes; yes He did and I changed from my wicked ways OVERNIGHT, and continue to change to line up with the revealed Word, line.......by......line.......by......line.......b y.......line......by......"until Christ be formed in you."

Now you. Peace
I rest my case.

Old 08-24-2017, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I rest my case.

You don't have one, except in the court of appeals, because you, like everyone else, was found guilty. Better get yourself a good lawyer/mediator. I know of a great One. His name is Jesus Christ. Have you heard of Him? Better let Him stand in your place while you still have a LITTLE time. Peace

Last edited by Rbbi1; 08-24-2017 at 05:16 PM..

Old 08-24-2017, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Where does your bible record that they woke up?

Quote:
It's not about "shoulds" OR "shouldn'ts". It's about "may be".

I'll just put both of my posts together here, and perhaps what I'm saying will click for you.

Personally, I don't think there's a person on the planet who doesn't take a whole lot of naps -- in other words, not one of us is consistently "awake". When we are, then another person may be witness to it, and be on the receiving end of something offered to them by God through us at that point in time, and it might spark a desire in them to be awake, too. And vice versa -- we witness and receive through others in their times of wakefulness, and that sparks the desire in us....

and...

There are no "shoulds" in being awake. There is simply the being in conscious awareness of, and attunement with, God within us. How/if that touches another person is not on our shoulders, it's on the shoulders of God within them. "Deep calls to deep", as I've heard it expressed.

Old 08-24-2017, 05:29 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,926,004 times
Quote:
I love you AND your interruptions.

(And, as I own a total of 3 pair of shoes -- I'm not one to talk about any other person's shoes, lol.)
Dress, hiking and gardening?

Old 08-24-2017, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Dress, hiking and gardening?

Dress? Sure, okay.

Old 08-24-2017, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Where does your bible record that they woke up?

It's not about "shoulds" OR "shouldn'ts". It's about "may be".

I'll just put both of my posts together here, and perhaps what I'm saying will click for you.

Personally, I don't think there's a person on the planet who doesn't take a whole lot of naps -- in other words, not one of us is consistently "awake". When we are, then another person may be witness to it, and be on the receiving end of something offered to them by God through us at that point in time, and it might spark a desire in them to be awake, too. And vice versa -- we witness and receive through others in their times of wakefulness, and that sparks the desire in us....

and...

There are no "shoulds" in being awake. There is simply the being in conscious awareness of, and attunement with, God within us. How/if that touches another person is not on our shoulders, it's on the shoulders of God within them. "Deep calls to deep", as I've heard it expressed.

Where? Keep in mind the Pharisees were in the majority in the day...

Act 21:20 - And when they heard it, they glorified the Lord, and said unto him, Thou seest, brother, how many thousands of Jews there are which believe; and they are all zealous of the law:

Well, I guess I see it this way. Now that I am awake, I can choose to be in "awake mode" and stay open to His Spirit, or I can "shut down" and go take a "nap" through various activities that limit Him, such as watch soap operas all day.

Maybe it's me, but I can't see any of the disciples telling Jesus with a straight face (after He told them to go make disciples of all the nations), "No thanks, I'm not feeling in tune with G-d in me to do that right now, it's all up to Him, anyway." I also don't think that's what "deep calling unto deep" means, but that's for another time, another place, in a galaxy, er thread, far, far away. Peace
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality