Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2017, 02:29 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,665,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeaniee View Post
Just a gentle nudge but I don't decide the definition of Christianity. Neither do you

We have an authority called the Bible. That is where the word CHRISTIAN is derived from.

THat is where you find the definition of CHRIST

Just as I don't decide the definition of a Muslim. The KORAN does. That is where the word MUSLIM is derived from.

So no one here is deciding (and neither should you so, maybe put the urge to rest?) here

I'd like to learn the various religions so if anyone knows the names of books other religions are based off of, feel free to green me.
That is where I want to learn the truth, from the source. Where the definition is derived. Otherwise I am deceiving you all or just not informed enough to be participating concerning said topic.
start with chemistry, physics, and biology. Then form a belief. Of course knowledge based beliefs don't win ya friends, unless you bash all other beliefs that is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2017, 02:50 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,983,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
People on these forums don't actually believe the Bible. I know...kinda strange, isn't it? But they'll believe all sorts of nonsense other than it.
People on this forum don't believe that you can cite any group denying that they are Christian some of whose members now claim to be Christian.. You would not even have to name the group, just demonstrate such a statement as you have claimed.

Why should people on this forum credit ANYthing you say?

Old 10-10-2017, 03:11 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,314,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
It's a "religion and spirituality" forum.

Conservative Protestant Christianity is not the only religion in the world.
Uncanny, and creepy, how blinkered fundies are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
People on this forum don't believe that you can cite any group denying that they are Christian some of whose members now claim to be Christian.. You would not even have to name the group, just demonstrate such a statement as you have claimed.

Why should people on this forum credit ANYthing you say?
Indeed.

The 1st Rule of Journalism: Always consider the source.

If it is untrustworthy, you don't run the story.

Old 10-10-2017, 04:03 PM

2,274 posts, read 1,347,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
21 pages in and I still have no idea what BaptisteFundie's OP is about.

And it seems he doesn't either.
It was basically just a long winded version of the OP claiming to be a True Scotsman that is upset at all of the fake Scotsmen.

Old 10-10-2017, 06:55 PM

16,113 posts, read 6,438,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorman View Post
It was basically just a long winded version of the OP claiming to be a True Scotsman that is upset at all of the fake Scotsmen.

People who think they know it all are annoying to those of us that really do.

Old 10-11-2017, 11:59 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,115,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorman View Post
Nope. I never claimed to be the only true Christian or any other religion. The fact that you couldn't grasp that is telling.

Old 10-11-2017, 12:34 PM

50,139 posts, read 20,903,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Uncanny, and creepy, how blinkered fundies are.

Indeed.

The 1st Rule of Journalism: Always consider the source.

If it is untrustworthy, you don't run the story.
I can't help thinking that the second rule and amendment is "but if it boosts circulation, run it anyway" (and print a ttiny retraction and apology after you made the sales.).
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Nope. I never claimed to be the only true Christian or any other religion. The fact that you couldn't grasp that is telling.
Well it is - since we all got from your posts that you do seem to think that your version of Christianity is true, and those who differ have it wrong. And if they believe the wrong kind of Christianity, that makes them (it follows) no real Scotsmen. If we misunderstood you, the fault is rather with what you posted, than with what we got from it.

Old 10-11-2017, 12:59 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,983,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
I can't help thinking that the second rule and amendment is "but if it boosts circulation, run it anyway" (and print a ttiny retraction and apology after you made the sales.).

Well it is - since we all got from your posts that you do seem to think that your version of Christianity is true, and those who differ have it wrong. And if they believe the wrong kind of Christianity, that makes them (it follows) no real Scotsmen. If we misunderstood you, the fault is rather with what you posted, than with what we got from it.
Precisely. The only question here is how widely he would allow the boundaries of his "version" to go: would it only be Baptists, or just evangelicals, or just fundamentalists. But the boundaries are set and anyone outside them is not a true "Christian."

Now BF does seem to have realized this is not appropriate to CD and tried to change his claim, but it clearly isn't going to fly and he won't even address that issue.

Old 10-11-2017, 01:13 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,314,901 times
Quote:
Precisely. The only question here is how widely he would allow the boundaries of his "version" to go: would it only be Baptists, or just evangelicals, or just fundamentalists. But the boundaries are set and anyone outside them is not a true "Christian."

Now BF does seem to have realized this is not appropriate to CD and tried to change his claim, but it clearly isn't going to fly and he won't even address that issue.
He's revealed himself and it's ugly.

Old 10-11-2017, 02:08 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,115,795 times
Quote:

Well bless your agape lovin' heart. You're just spouting off all sorts of lies about me.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality