Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2017, 03:15 PM

28,106 posts, read 30,014,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Has anyone figured out what BF is talking about?
I think we all have, including you. He just refuses to confirm it. He doesn't want to get an infraction for denominational bashing, so instead he's playing the "Guess which denomination/s I'm bashing?" game. So far, he's losing, but he won't admit to that either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2017, 05:36 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,606,902 times
I would say being labeled a non christian because I say no way to flying away and being born a sinner is a good thing. teach to jesus without magic and help the religion grow up. Nuttin wrong with that.

Old 10-05-2017, 06:10 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,255,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I think we all have, including you. He just refuses to confirm it. He doesn't want to get an infraction for denominational bashing, so instead he's playing the "Guess which denomination/s I'm bashing?" game. So far, he's losing, but he won't admit to that either.
Who can name the heathen in less than 4 bible verses?

As many fundamentalists have said--IF ONE SAYS THEY ARE A CHRISTIAN,WHO ARE WE TO JUDGE?
Attached Thumbnails
Why try to identify as someone you aren't?-naked_jesus_love_another.jpg  

Old 10-05-2017, 06:17 PM

15,887 posts, read 6,354,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
OK so I saw the other thread and he is talking about Mormons. He must not have been around when Viz was saying Mormons and JWs weren't Christians.

Old 10-05-2017, 06:33 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,939,403 times
Quote:
OK so I saw the other thread and he is talking about Mormons. He must not have been around when Viz was saying Mormons and JWs weren't Christians.
To my knowledge, Viz never said that Mormons or JW's self-identified as "not Christian." and what BF is claiming now, having been shown the fallacy of anyone else claiming it when they are subject to the same judgement (where have I heard that before? "For with the same judgment you pronounce, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you")is that some groups DO so self-identify and members claim that they are Christians, but he's real shy about the way even ONE such group SAID what he claims.

Old 10-05-2017, 06:56 PM

15,887 posts, read 6,354,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
To my knowledge, Viz never said that Mormons or JW's self-identified as "not Christian." and what BF is claiming now, having been shown the fallacy of anyone else claiming it when they are subject to the same judgement (where have I heard that before? "For with the same judgment you pronounce, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you")is that some groups DO so self-identify and members claim that they are Christians, but he's real shy about the way even ONE such group SAID what he claims.
Yeah Viz just said they weren't Christians and couldn't understand why an atheist(me) would call him on it. Viz named the denomination he was talking about and the post stayed up. BF could do the same but he's dug himself in too far now. He'll have to make up a group or something now like The Temple of the Random Order of Schrödinger's cat.

Old 10-05-2017, 07:00 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,816,986 times
Quote:
Yeah Viz just said they weren't Christians and couldn't understand why an atheist(me) would call him on it. Viz named the denomination he was talking about and the post stayed up. BF could do the same but he's dug himself in too far now. He'll have to make up a group or something now like The Temple of the Random Order of Schrödinger's cat.
You know what i said some yrs back when i first came to this forum.
I believe Shirina was the First atheist i spoke with. And of course ill never forget her honesty and kindness then. So i call her big heart now.

Im willing to guess that she remembers what i said about bringing down the denominational banners.

And it shall come to pass on that day, that the root of Jesse, which stands as a banner for peoples, to him shall the nations inquire, and his peace shall be [with] honor.

Last edited by pinacled; 10-05-2017 at 07:37 PM..

Old 10-06-2017, 08:24 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,049,405 times
Quote:
OK so I saw the other thread and he is talking about Mormons.
I've never said that. Didn't say that Mormons weren't Christian on that thread, either. So please, stop putting words in my mouth.

Old 10-06-2017, 08:32 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,222,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
I've never said that. Didn't say that Mormons weren't Christian on that thread, either. So please, stop putting words in my mouth.
Yeah, what with both your feet in there as well, there's no room.

Old 10-06-2017, 08:55 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,049,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Yeah, what with both your feet in there as well, there's no room.
It has been interesting to watch you and others fall all over themselves to assign motive where it doesnt' exist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality