Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2019, 07:54 PM

10,095 posts, read 5,018,216 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Originally Posted by 303Guy
And how exactly do you know that time existed?...................
For eternity. And there where there is eternity, there is no time.
Tick tock, tick tock, tick tock........
For each second we can count we can count endlessly both forwards and backwards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2019, 09:20 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,483,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteknightpoet View Post
The key to understanding the origin of God involves the answer to the question, "Could God have created time itself?"
For once you recognize that God could never have created time itself from within a completely timeless realm, then the answer to the origin of God becomes simple.
For you.

Old 08-07-2019, 11:11 PM

10,798 posts, read 3,618,717 times
Any god came from the imaginations of human beings. Most gods that were ever conceived are now long gone. But there are still 100's if not 1000's gods that people believe in.

To sum up, a god comes from the same place fairies, and leprechauns come from.

Old 08-08-2019, 01:29 AM

50,096 posts, read 20,855,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Seems to me that God thinks humans are so special because God sent pre-human Jesus to Earth for us.
I find according to Psalm 115:16 that God gifted Earth to us.
Gifted Earth for us to inhabit forever letting us know at Ecclesiastes 1:4 B that the Earth abides forever.
God even named this planet according to Genesis 1:10.
Once the 'sin issue' is settled here on Earth then there can be intelligent physical life elsewhere.
No. Man doesn't think he is special because the Bible says so; the Bible says so because man thinks he is special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Any god came from the imaginations of human beings. Most gods that were ever conceived are now long gone. But there are still 100's if not 1000's gods that people believe in.

Just so.

Old 08-08-2019, 04:14 AM

572 posts, read 683,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
No. Man doesn't think he is special because the Bible says so; the Bible says so because man thinks he is special.

Just so.

Not so. They are special because they actually met the One, True, Living, God, Christ Jesus, and the Holy Spirit, of the Bible. The more posts I read here, the more I realize what a special experience too few of us have witnessed. Why this is , I do not know.

Old 08-08-2019, 05:14 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,620,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Seems to me that God thinks humans are so special because God sent pre-human Jesus to Earth for us.
You are so gullible Matt

Jesus was sent to commit suicide for it’s screwed up design.

Old 08-08-2019, 07:01 AM

1,096 posts, read 421,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post

The "imaginations of human beings" is where we get most everything, including this computer I'm using to type this message. Imagination is everything.

Old 08-08-2019, 07:57 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,763,901 times
There is no answer.

Old 08-08-2019, 08:43 AM

50,096 posts, read 20,855,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeemoments View Post
The "imaginations of human beings" is where we get most everything, including this computer I'm using to type this message. Imagination is everything.
Your computer came from metal, oil (to make plastic) and electricity. Are those imaginary?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
There is no answer.
If there is no God (and I'd bet my pension on that being the case) then there is no Question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenninindy View Post
Not so. They are special because they actually met the One, True, Living, God, Christ Jesus, and the Holy Spirit, of the Bible. The more posts I read here, the more I realize what a special experience too few of us have witnessed. Why this is , I do not know.
That's what I said - Man believes he is Special so invents a god to says he is special. I just know it, but you have been fooled by it. Why you say 'so few' is odd when (until recently, anyway) religion was so dominant - that I don't know.

Old 08-08-2019, 11:52 AM

10,798 posts, read 3,618,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeemoments View Post
Except, the process to develop the computer and how it reacts is based on a set of discovered science that works the same, every single time, no matter who uses the computer.

Gods? Meh, they are all over the place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality