Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 07:39 PM

1,168 posts, read 2,504,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by Campbell34The thing is that the Christian missionaries believed that they were acting according to the Biblical moral code, but the fact is that the road to hell is paved with good intentions.
The church became blinded by their goal and there have been reports that they used brute violence in order to convert the primitive heathens into Christianity.
This goes directly against the teachings of Jesus.
This is nonsense!! All the good work that has been done - especially during times of extreme crisis has come out of America and Britian. People like to critisise America - but they have sent more financial aid to poor countries and more Missionaries - who take with them Practical help as well as the gospel - than anywhere else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2008, 10:53 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,971,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by Campbell34The thing is that the Christian missionaries believed that they were acting according to the Biblical moral code, but the fact is that the road to hell is paved with good intentions.
The church became blinded by their goal and there have been reports that they used brute violence in order to convert the primitive heathens into Christianity.
This goes directly against the teachings of Jesus.
Anyone can abuse the Bible, and God knows their names. Yet true faith can only work if God be in it. I believe that a great number who attend church every Sunday are not even Christian.

Old 07-01-2008, 11:59 PM

8,568 posts, read 16,235,190 times
Originally Posted by jennaflorrie
Quote:
This is nonsense!!
Right, are you saying that Native Americans were never ever forced to be Christian and that it always had been US policy that the Native Americans could get an education in their native language?
That what happened in Canada did not happen in the US?

Originally Posted by Campbell34
Quote:
I believe that a great number who attend church every Sunday are not even Christian.
I agree.

Old 07-02-2008, 12:16 AM

33,543 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennaflorrie View Post
This is nonsense!! All the good work that has been done - especially during times of extreme crisis has come out of America and Britian. People like to critisise America - but they have sent more financial aid to poor countries and more Missionaries - who take with them Practical help as well as the gospel - than anywhere else.
Well thanks to Christian missionaries more than half of the native people here an the west coast were wiped out by another thing they introduced...Smallpox. Then the children were ripped from their families and placed in Christian schools, where they were forbidden to speak their native language, were sexually, physically and emotionally abused. They are still suffering from the effects of this abuse today...

Old 10-02-2009, 10:15 AM

5 posts, read 9,677 times
Oh, and a Jesus Christ never existed, no more did Horus, Mithra, Attis, or any of the other sun-gods with identical life stories who came before him.

Old 10-02-2009, 10:18 AM

Mithra: The Pagan Christ Part 1

Old 10-02-2009, 10:23 AM

To illustrate how flawed and illogical the bible is, make a time line (or try to, not even the best biblical scholars can) using the four gospels, that tracks where Jesus and his followers were, when. Impossible to do. The four books contract each other. And in fact were written by religious propagandists in the 2nd century by anonymous authors who never knew Christ. This is a cult--there is no non-bibical proof of Jesus, and no original idea in the entire bible that didn't exist before in more ancient beliefs. As for Jesus, he is barely mentioned in the bible except in these four books, and the scant paragraphs by Josephus or whatever, written about the supposedly greatest man ever lived, have been proven forgeries. No historians wrote about this very famous person. Nothing that hasn't been proven forgeries anyway. And what about the dead coming out and walking around and visiting their relatives at the time of Christ's death? Hmmm, you would have thunk someone would have written about it. But no. Nadda. Zip.

Old 10-02-2009, 10:29 AM

recommended reading:
[LEFT][SIZE=3]"Have you seen the first part of the official version of the original 'ZEITGEIST' movie? Here's the book you've been waiting for!"[/SIZE][/LEFT]
[CENTER][SIZE=5]"[SIZE=6]Christ in Egypt:
[/SIZE]The Horus-Jesus Connection
is here!"
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]"At last, the book that proves many of the most important characteristics of the gospel story of Jesus and the Christian religion could be found in ancient Egypt for centuries prior to Christ's alleged advent!"[/SIZE][/CENTER]
Description

[SIZE=2]Destined to be a classic enjoyed by both the professional scholar and the layperson, this comparative religion book contains a startling perspective of the extraordinary history of the Egyptian religion and its profound influence upon the later Christian faith. Christ in Egypt: The Horus-Jesus Connection by D.M. Murdock, also known as "Acharya S," uses a massive amount of primary sources and the works of highly credentialed authorities in relevant fields to demonstrate that the popular gods Horus and Jesus possessed many characteristics and attributes in common.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Drawing from thousands of ancient Egyptian texts in an assortment of translations along with the original language, as well as modern research in a number of other languages, controversial independent scholar of comparative religion and mythology D.M. Murdock puts together an astonishing amount of fascinating information that shows many of our most cherished religious beliefs and concepts did not appear suddenly out of the blue but have long histories in numerous cultures found around the globe, including and especially in the glorious Land of the Pharaohs.[/SIZE]
[CENTER][SIZE=4]"At almost 600 pages, this is a big book, folks, jam-packed full of important information that you can't find elsewhere in one volume!" [/SIZE][/CENTER]
[CENTER][SIZE=5]Christ in Egypt: The Horus-Jesus Connection[/SIZE][/CENTER]
[LEFT][SIZE=3][SIZE=3]Uses thousands of primary source texts such as the Egyptian Book of the Dead, the Pyramid Texts, the Coffin Texts, the Hebrew and Greek Old Testaments, the Greek New Testament, Coptic texts and the writings of the early Church fathers[/SIZE][/SIZE] [/LEFT]
[SIZE=3]Includes research in the original languages, such as Egyptian, Greek, Latin and Hebrew[/SIZE][LEFT][SIZE=3]Incorporates modern research in German and French--everything conveniently translated as well for your ease of reference[/SIZE] [/LEFT]
[SIZE=3]Includes a brand-new map of Egypt specially created by the author with all the relevant place-names[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Provides 60+ illustrations[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Contains almost 2,400 citations/footnotes, frequently annotated in the "old school" manner at the bottom of each page[/SIZE][SIZE=3]Includes an extensive, user-friendly table of contents and index[/SIZE][SIZE=3]Provides a massive bibliography of over 900 sources, including books by respected publishers and peer-reviewed journals![/SIZE]
The citations include cross-references for a variety of translations of Egyptian texts, from the earliest in English to the most modern, including the translations of Raymond O. Faulkner and James P. Allen, as well as Thomas George Allen, Samuel Mercer, E.A. Wallis Budge and Samuel Birch.
[CENTER][SIZE=3]"The best researched book I have had the privilege of reading!"[/SIZE][/CENTER]
[LEFT]"I am about half-way through Christ in Egypt, and it is, indeed, without a doubt the best researched book I have had the privilege of reading."
Rodger Ervin[/LEFT]
[CENTER][SIZE=3]"I'm flabbergasted at what a great job you have done!"[/SIZE][/CENTER]
"Wow wow wow. I've been reading your book as I'm curled up in beddie-by every night, and it's fantabulous.
[LEFT]"I love it. I'm flabbergasted at what a great job you have done!
"Thanks so much for writing this book!"
Joan d/Arc, ParanoiaMagazine.com[/LEFT]
[CENTER][SIZE=3]"What a magnificent work!"[/SIZE][/CENTER]
"I'm about 2/3 the way through (skimming) CIE - what a magnificent work! Destined to become a classic indeed!"
[LEFT]Allan J., UK[/LEFT]
[CENTER][SIZE=3]"The best book on the subject!"[/SIZE][/CENTER]
"Christ in Egypt is very well written with Acharya's lovely style that I've come to appreciate. It's very scholarly, yet a fascinating read. Certain topics require a very indepth analysis, which is performed wonderfully throughout the book. Every reference and source is cited meticulously - cross-referencing primary sources 4, 5 and 6 different ways with credentialed scholars in their field of expertise across several languages, including a variety of translations of the ancient texts - WOW!
"CIE takes this very contentious topic to a whole new level that has the potential to change Egyptology & comparative religion as we know it. She explains the academic gap between theologians and historians. Many universities began as religious divinity schools Harvard, Yale, Princeton - CIE page 505. We need an Astrotheology Department at our universities to fill this monumental void! I wish I'd had Acharya's work available to me as a child."
[LEFT]Charles Johnson, TX[/LEFT]
[CENTER][SIZE=3]"No better resource available!"[/SIZE][/CENTER]
"Even though there are many books out there that discuss Christianity and Egyptian religion, Murdock's Christ in Egypt is unique. She realized how much info was out there, and no one had yet collected it all in one place before. Her enormous goal was to find every scholarly reference to the Egyptian correlations to Christianity. In doing this, she researched materials that had never been published before and materials that had never appeared in English before. At this time, there is no better resource available."
[LEFT]Benjamin Steele, IA[/LEFT]
[CENTER][SIZE=3]"An excellent read!"[/SIZE][/CENTER]
[LEFT]"I just finished reading Christ in Egypt and found it to be an excellent read.
"Well done and useful."
Angel, CA[/LEFT]
[CENTER][SIZE=3]"The most enlightening and well researched read on the origins of Christianity."[/SIZE][/CENTER]
"I could hardly wait to get my hands on this tremendous book: Christ in Egypt: The Horus Jesus Connection.
"This well researched book is accessible both to the general reader and to the scholar interested in the origins of the Christian belief system.
"The author has probably collected every scholarly reference to the Egyptian correlations to Christianity. In doing this, she researched materials that had never been published before and many that until now had never appeared in English.
"This book, which surely will become a classic, is the most enlightening and well researched I have ever read on the origins of Christianity."
[LEFT]M.G. Ketteridge, UK[/LEFT]

[CENTER][SIZE=3]"Included in Christ in Egypt are the works of popular, modern Egyptologists such as..."[/SIZE][/CENTER]
[LEFT]Rudolf Anthes
Jan Assman
Hellmut Brunner
Claas J. Bleeker
Bob Brier
Henri Frankfort
Alan H. Gardiner[/LEFT]
John Gwyn Griffiths
Erik Hornung
Barry Kemp
Barbara Lesko
Bojana Mojsov
Siegfried Morenz
William Murnane
[LEFT]Margaret A. Murray
Donald B. Redford
Herman te Velde
Claude Traunecker
Reginald E. Witt
Louis V. Zabkar
and many more! [/LEFT]

Old 10-02-2009, 11:44 AM

Religion exists at two Levels – the Exoteric and the Esoteric. To put it bluntly, the exoteric level is meant for the profane. The exoteric literal level of religious philosophy is pure idiocy. To think that the fantastic Tales of demons and multi-headed monsters and miraculous events of every stripe, such as making the sun stand still, dividing the Red Sea, destroying the world by flood and all the other related nonsense is accepted without hesitation, on the basis of Faith, is astonishing. Nevertheless, it is so.

The Esoteric Level of religion is a Science that is mathematical, coherent, logical and provable. But this science of Truth is veiled by the masque of mythology. Some are repulsed by this masque and unfortunately turn away and denounce all concepts that support the possible existence of a Creator God Force. The great majority accepts the myth at face value – believe it or not. But fortunately, there are some that choose the path of Investigation, of which you and I are a part.

Within this vast incomprehensible universe, this planet indeed this solar system is no more than one grain of sand on one beach amongst trillions of other grains amongst trillions of other beaches. This is astronomical fact, not hyperbole – ask any astronomer whether the forgoing statement is true or not and they might say that I have overstated our significance within the universe. Nevertheless, we have the gall to take our Tribal gods that over time have been elevated to National gods and Regional gods (because of the political, financial, and military advances of their adherents) and appoint these fabled deities as the creators and sustainers of all that exist. How ridiculous this is!

Within the bible the biblical Editors give the name of god as “I Am”, which is the short form. The fuller expression was “I Am Becoming” (Evolving). I suggest that this is the best of names that any deity or person could possess.

I have written five books on the subject of religious myth and symbolism. The first was "The Biggest Lie Ever Told" followed over the years by the series of books titled "The Astrological Foundation Of The Christ Myth" - Books One , Two and Three and Four.
The purpose of these books is to explain the seminal relationship between Astronomy, Myth and Modern Religion. The books prove that ancient Myth/Religion was, in fact, a written pictorial (symbolic) record of the celestial movements within the Cosmos, under the Type of Mythical Deities. The History of the biblical Jesus Christ is drawn from the symbolical history of prior Sun Deities. His birth through to his death , as represented in the bible, is a symbolical representation of the annual Sun Cycle and other cycles at different levels of interpretation. The Symbolisms are Thoroughly explained in my Books. I have chosen the History of Jesus Christ, within the Gospels, as a means of showing the Astronomical correlations between the life of Christ and other Solar Deities. Most of the biblical sagas of the Old Testament and the corresponding tales within the Islamic Quran contain the same mythical symbolisms as the biblical Jesus. The history of the Children of Israel, in the bible, is pure Symbolism. Likewise for the history of Abraham, Noah, Solomon and Most of the other biblical notables. Their births, Lives and Deaths, are allegorical representations of Solar/Lunar/Cosmic and Agricultural cycles.
My books interpret and explain this Ancient Symbolism. The bible is replete with stories of miraculous events. This holds true for events described in the Old Testament , as well as the Gospels and Quran. Should these fables be taken literally? Or, Is there a Rational , Provable interpretation of the various incredible events described in the bible and other mythical scriptures and tales. Is there an heretofore hidden code or codes that when understood can bring to Light , the True meaning of the Biblical Scriptures? The answer is Yes!
Think of It! Did Jonah actually live within the belly of a Fish (Whale) for three days, and then emerge as a living being? Think of what we are saying, when we take such a story as the literal Truth. Did the Israelites actually cross the floor of the Red Sea after the waters pulled back and made a path for their transit? Does belief in God require the literal belief in any tale, even when it defies All common sense and logic, and sanity? And the many Miracles ascribed to Jesus in the Bible , from walking on water, to forty days being tempted by the Devil, raising a dead man to life , after three days of decomposition (A Gory Thought), His being crucified between two thieves at Golgotha, Is all this the Literal Truth, or is there an underlying meaning that begs our investigation. Again, the answer is Yes!
There are esoteric interpretations to All of the Fables in the Bible and other mythical scriptures - interpretations that are mathematically provable and scientific. If you are one of those In Search Of True Light, then my books may prove worthy of your inspection.

Malik H Jabbar

Old 10-02-2009, 11:48 AM

1,243 posts, read 2,810,071 times
occult Adjective
1. involving mystical or supernatural phenomena or powers
2. beyond ordinary human understanding
3. secret or mysterious
Noun
the occult the knowledge and study of occult phenomena and powers [Latin occultus hidden, secret]

-freedictionary.com

sounds like it, I didn't really know what occult meant
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality