Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2018, 02:34 PM

1,248 posts, read 1,261,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
who's god?

As near as I can tell, we are in the image of the periodic table. is that the god you are referencing?
The Jewish God of course. If, there wasn't a Jewish God to reference, than by all human thinking......there is no good except those we make.

And to answer one of your previous questions.....yes it's an either or choice in wanting to believe in the Jewish God.

There are two choices in this life 1. To do good and 2. To do evil.
Anything in between is fence straddling. No commitment and as the ocean waves.

Blessings, AJ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2018, 02:39 PM

1,248 posts, read 1,261,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I like that answer.

And I'll add, in regard to the other poster's message, plenty of people who do not believe in god have common sense, and plenty of god-believers have little or none. It's that old egotism that Christians just can't get away from.
Temporary existence,....obioisly. no good.

As I said in my OP, every soul is gifted with a conscience. Common sense is what one does with it.
Making judgements is a common sense endeavor.

Blessings, AJ

Old 04-29-2018, 02:55 PM

22,840 posts, read 19,449,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by look3467 View Post
The Jewish God of course. If, there wasn't a Jewish God to reference, than by all human thinking......there is no good except those we make.

And to answer one of your previous questions.....yes it's an either or choice in wanting to believe in the Jewish God.

Blessings, AJ
You keep saying Jewish God which is bizarre.
One Creator made us all.
One is one.
All is everybody.

No one owns God. God is like air, everyone has access to God just like everyone breathes air.
If someone claims they have the "only" way to God then that is like saying they own air. which is silly.
and it shows a glaring absence of "common sense"

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 04-29-2018 at 03:08 PM..

Old 04-29-2018, 03:07 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,033,708 times
Quote:
Common sense is a God given gift!
If you don't recognize it how is it that you are making any moral judgements?
The definition of the words common sense is in making good judgements.

What part of that are you not excercing?

If, you are a believer, than your judgments should be based on God's moral code.

Blessings,AJ
No. The definition of common sense is based on survival. And one of those survival techniques is "When in Rome...." i.e. Ephesians 6.

Old 04-29-2018, 03:15 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,318,758 times
Quote:
...snip...

Blessings, AJ
Life isn't quite that black and white, except in Fundieland.

And even if your two choices are accepted, they having nothing to do with a belief in a g/God(s).

Old 04-29-2018, 03:24 PM

6,114 posts, read 3,118,583 times
Quote:

Blessings, AJ
So what exactly does the "Jewish God" want from the Jews, what does he want non-Jews to do with the life he gave to both groups?
Does he want all non-Jews to convert into Jews and be saved?

Old 04-29-2018, 07:42 PM

51,318 posts, read 24,735,584 times
Quote:
Temporary existence,....obioisly. no good.

As I said in my OP, every soul is gifted with a conscience. Common sense is what one does with it.
Making judgements is a common sense endeavor.

Blessings, AJ
I don't want your meaningless blessings.

Old 04-29-2018, 11:39 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,913,636 times
Quote:
Common sense is a God given gift!
Before making that statement you need to prove the existence of the god.
Quote:
If you don't recognize it how is it that you are making any moral judgements?
I do recognise it. It requires no belief in gods to do that.
Quote:
The definition of the words common sense is in making good judgements.
What does 'making good judgements' have to do with gods? I have made good judgements throughout my life - without god-belief.

Quote:
If, you are a believer, than your judgments should be based on God's moral code.
What...like condoning rape and slavery or killing off anyone that doesn't worship you?

Quote:
Blessings,AJ
Keep them for those that need them.

Perhaps you would like to tell us us what is 'common sense' about 'religious faith'...i.e believing something is true when there is no evidence that it is and in many cases, believing something is true when there is verifiable evidence that it isn't true.

Last edited by Rafius; 04-29-2018 at 11:48 PM..

Old 04-30-2018, 12:07 AM

11,150 posts, read 6,073,906 times
Quote:

Hell no! Read your bible - this god of whom you speak doesn't know how to spell "moral code". Killing all the Egyptian firstborns is moral? I call it murder - what do you call it? Don't forget that firstborns also includes babies. And this same god created hell for the purpose of eternal torture. Condoning rape and slavery has already been mentioned.

Old 04-30-2018, 04:29 AM

50,139 posts, read 20,908,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
You keep saying Jewish God which is bizarre.
One Creator made us all.
One is one.
All is everybody.

No one owns God. God is like air, everyone has access to God just like everyone breathes air.
If someone claims they have the "only" way to God then that is like saying they own air. which is silly.
and it shows a glaring absence of "common sense"

Good. Quite apart from 'Look3467' utterly ignoring my post on us using Human morality rather than Biblical morality, you are asking another point - whether we are talking of a One size fits All god or a theology - specific god.

We'll see that (if your post isn't ignored, like mine (1) if it agreed that it's all the same god or it's all the same God but all the other ways of doing its' will are wrong other than "this" set of Rules.

(1) I suspect we have one here who expects to preach, not to listen.
(1a) That's a new one ..going back to the OP, it is (35% of the way in) establishing that there must be a god (Paley's watchmaker), the Leap of Faith to Biblegod, and then sidelining Judaism with reference to the Christian scriptures that of course, sideline it.

Appendix

the watchmaker debunked. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9S4F1czs2tk
(see also Behe's Irreducible complexity debunked)

P.p.s The Caller played the watchmaker, and then tried to do 'Darwin's eye' which is really argument from complexity.

In fact incremental evolutionary steps explain the eye perfectly well, so this doesn't help the watchmaker. Caller then went on to try the 'Unexplaineds /gaps for God" argument and then a putrid miracle -as proof argument.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 04-30-2018 at 04:57 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality