Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2018, 09:28 AM

23,175 posts, read 26,232,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by look3467 View Post
Humans have resorted to cannibalism deep down in the jungles of some countries.

Even if they don't know any better, because of a lack of knowledge of an existing Creator God, they still have a sense of a higher spirit-something which is a conscience ingredient.

They have the ability of intellect over their animal counter part but lack knowledge of the divine.

In my view, they are held blameless. They are all, as we are as well made of the same lump of clay by the same Creator.

Common sense reasoning tells me that the diversity of clay pots are all placed in the same Kiln.....purified.

In the final end....all go through the fire and are purified. For some it is a joy and for others....hell.
As well as in dire situations where it was a matter of life or death among "civilized" (and quite possibly, believers).
Read the whole article.

Funny, I thought the subject was humans and animals, not just religious or non-religious ones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2018, 09:33 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,222,627 times
Quote:
Animals in a sense of acting/ being, without reasoning/better judgement, because of loosing their conscieness that would be there guide?

Self-governing is the main driver of our free will because of our Independence.

The ego? "I am" and no one can tell me otherwise.

Independence run amock is an irresponsible eyo.

I give up. You're too far down the rabbit hole to be reached.

Old 05-23-2018, 10:12 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,775,138 times
It's all Deepities. I get what's in his mind (or hers), and there's nothing new of difficult about it, or helpful either. It just isn't worth the effort of trying to unpack it.

Old 05-23-2018, 10:58 AM

1,248 posts, read 1,258,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
As well as in dire situations where it was a matter of life or death among "civilized" (and quite possibly, believers).
Read the whole article.

Funny, I thought the subject was humans and animals, not just religious or non-religious ones.
Common sense belief...... in God

Old 05-23-2018, 11:14 AM

23,175 posts, read 26,232,733 times
Quote:
Common sense belief...... in God
You quoted me. What did that have to do with what I wrote?

Trout Dude got it right.

Old 05-23-2018, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I give up. You're too far down the rabbit hole to be reached.
To be truthful, truotDude, all my life I pondered over my faith in God as if something in me urged me to.
In my quest I've learned a few things. From an altar boy to a deacon to a non-denominational believer, my faith never wavered...to my amazement.
So, I questioned it.....why me. I mean....I'm no different than everyone else in the world except for my unwavering faith in God.
Common sense understanding of God's love towards all of His creatures led me to understand that humans find it beyond their comprehension that a creator God could love humanity without
Discrimination.
The depths of the mentioned "rabbit hole" is at the point of my understanding because I had to go there to see it.
What happens, good or bad dies when we die, but our spirit, by name, lives on after because the God Creator redeemed it.....Himself.
Animals.......sometimes and limited, I believe may be inhabited by angels at times when they save people's lives, are sensitive to human conditions.
We are after all a very special specie designed after the Creators traits......in His image.
So yes, common sense is an attribute which questions the existence of a God.
After that.......is an individuals choice.

Old 05-24-2018, 12:16 AM

11,058 posts, read 6,009,331 times
look3467 , here is an idea. Try not thinking in words. Now this takes quite some doing but practice it and see where it takes you. No words allowed in your thoughts. Just concepts, sensations and images. That will give you some idea what other higher animals may think and feel. You also get to realize the fundamental difference between them and us. Whales and dolphins have highly developed speech centres in their brains and did you know that dolphins have names? Yup. They name themselves and others know them by those names.

Old 05-24-2018, 02:02 AM

11,761 posts, read 7,272,365 times
Quote:
Animals in a sense of acting/ being, without reasoning/better judgement, because of loosing their conscieness that would be there guide?
You mean their guide and I think you meant consciousness.

Humans are animals because we evolved from animals. Have you ever heard of Taxonomy?

Have you heard of the eight distinct taxonomic categories? These are: Domain, Kingdom, Phylum, Class, Order, Family, Genus, and Species.

Guess what Kingdom humans are in? Animalia

Humans fall under the exact same taxomy as the Great Apes!

Human Taxonomy:

Domain: Eukaryota
Kingdom: Animalia (Animal)
Phylum: Chordata (Vertebrate)
Class: Mammalia (Mammal)
Order: Primates
Family: Hominidae (Great Apes)
Genus: Homo
Species: Homo sapiens

Orang-Utan Taxonomy

Domain: Eukaryota
Kingdom: Animalia (Animal)
Phylum: Chordata (Vertebrate)
Class: Mammalia (Mammal)
Order: Primates
Family: Hominidae (Great Apes)
Genus: Pongo
Species: Pongo pygmaeus (Orang-Utan)

All of the animals on Earth are classified under the Kingdom name Animalia.

Old 05-24-2018, 03:25 AM

11,058 posts, read 6,009,331 times
And what defines mammalia is the fact that the females have mammary glands.

Old 05-24-2018, 06:25 AM

Lots of scientfic facts there, Madadora.
You know your stuff.

So, you would say we evolved to a higher conscieness to the point that we think and believe there is a God?
If do, where did that idea come from?

It doesn't make sense to me. Just speculation.
How do you explain a personal Devine experience?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality