Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2018, 09:26 AM

1,589 posts, read 1,190,169 times

Advertisements

I would think Agnosticism would fall into a fourth position, one where the person doesn't believe in God and religion, but does believe in both morality and ethics. The only reason I don't claim to be an Agnostic, is because that would require me to spend time trying to memorize a philosophical position that I can defend. If I am forced to say I am an Atheist, conversations end abruptly, saving us all time and effort. That said, I don't think that if a powerful entity that suddenly appeared in front of me proclaiming divinity would keep me glued to an Athiest position for more than two seconds...

Last edited by MichiganGreg; 12-16-2018 at 09:41 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2018, 09:41 AM

2,854 posts, read 2,054,369 times
As I said earlier:

Quote:
Originally Posted by granpa View Post
Let me rephrase that: Noahidism is probably the closest thing to a rational religion on Earth at this time but even that is mostly just BS.

Frankly a perfectly rational religion wouldnt even be a religion in my opinion

Old 12-16-2018, 04:26 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,027,780 times
Interesting that the usual talking heads on this forum are saying all religions are man made, no religions are right....blah blah blah....

Why should we believe YOU over what God has said?

Old 12-16-2018, 04:33 PM

2,854 posts, read 2,054,369 times
I wouldnt advise you to believe anything. I would advise you to stick to what you know.

Old 12-16-2018, 04:39 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,027,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by granpa View Post
I wouldnt advise you to believe anything. I would advise you to stick to what you know.
So you're going to stop posting your silly wiki page stuff?

Old 12-16-2018, 04:56 PM

15,862 posts, read 6,331,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Interesting that the usual talking heads on this forum are saying all religions are man made, no religions are right....blah blah blah....

You said that! When you explain away the sexual abuse cover ups within churches with it happens in all institutions then you are pointing out they all have the same origins..men.

If I asked you if you allowed a homosexual minister or a woman to lead the congregation then all of a sudden you are no part of the world and Holy. Let a kid get raped and his rapist be free to victimizes others and it's everyone is doing it.

That's a messed up sense of what's important. I'd rather see a woman give a sermon than a child be harmed. then again, I'm wicked for saying so.

Old 12-16-2018, 05:12 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,047,648 times
Quote:

How do you know G-d said anything?...

Old 12-16-2018, 05:12 PM

50,840 posts, read 24,359,728 times
Quote:

Because we've never heard this imaginary god talk out loud to everyone in the world. He keeps his feelings a secret.

Old 12-16-2018, 05:17 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,014,117 times
Quote:
So you're going to stop posting your silly wiki page stuff?
Why attack granpa? He's not here to simply swap insults. He wants to engage and explain his beliefs, albeit primarily via wikilinks, but he's not trying to one-up anyone.

Old 12-16-2018, 05:22 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,070,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Because we've never heard this imaginary god talk out loud to everyone in the world. He keeps his feelings a secret.
I think the Bibliolatrists' "god" is what Arach said to the Jehova's Witnesses who brought in very high up-the-chain leaders to convince him:
Quote:
I said,
"go lay your [chosen] bible in the middle of a playground on the first warm day in spring.
That's the size of your god."

~//www.city-data.com/forum/53901087-post111.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality