Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2019, 01:06 PM

937 posts, read 743,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
In Singapore with (Mrs Arq) we were served a jug of Dessert coffee with breakfast. My usual three cups of that and i had a Mystical Experience of my own.
What are the Singaporeans putting in their dessert coffee? Chocolate or other things?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2019, 01:51 PM

50,087 posts, read 20,691,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe333 View Post
What are the Singaporeans putting in their dessert coffee? Chocolate or other things?
I mean, this was the intense coffee you get served up after dinner, but a jugful of it. I drank three cups and found myself looking down from the ceiling...

Old 05-11-2019, 03:10 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,567,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Oh, well, you're talking about the Bible stuff...I don't go there.
So the issue seems people wanting others to 'buy' their experiences without proof. Ok.
I did buy yours, of course...why would you lie and I could see the enthusiasm in the telling ...I mean it really happened to you!

The only Bible stuff I like to talk about is the stuff I tried and tested and that worked...that stuff was true.
Proof?:
Just my friends that watched my life unfold from the first week on when I practiced some things-little gems in the Bible we are are advised to do.
Ha, and I found out very soon ....not one Christian I knew did them!!!! Hahahahahah, lol....how did I know because I counseled them, I knew their secrets...they applied near nothing from the Bible into their daily lives. Very funny!
Talkin the talk...then not applying it. I may have digressed, sorry.

Do you believe the Miracle story in Christianity about MRSA?
I do...but there's no proof, per se.

Can I prove there is a God? Come back up to Denver where mushrooms are legal...maybe I can convince you.
thats right hepp, they stay strictly within the confines of religion. Here, the religious confines is the "there is no biblegod". they can't argue outside of religion (there is no biblegod) because their belief system begins to erode under scrutiny.

thats why they don't go there.

Old 05-12-2019, 09:14 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,019,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
I mean, this was the intense coffee you get served up after dinner, but a jugful of it. I drank three cups and found myself looking down from the ceiling...
What was in it?...

Old 05-12-2019, 10:47 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,503,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel350z View Post
A Christian told me today that Christianity is the only TRUE religion and that all other religions are "False" religions. So is Christianity the only TRUE religion?
People have been fighting and killing each other over that argument since...well since the Stone Age. Probably before that.

Old 05-12-2019, 04:03 PM

50,087 posts, read 20,691,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
What was in it?...
Just Coffee in a near lethal form...

Old 05-12-2019, 06:50 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,955,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
People have been fighting and killing each other over that argument since...well since the Stone Age. Probably before that.
Because of false religious teachers people have been fighting and killing.
False clergy have even used the pulpit as a recruiting station so parents will sacrifice their young on the Altar of War.
They teach that is the same thing as the Altar of God, but it is Not.
Jesus, a true religious teacher, teaches Not to fight and kill as per Matthew 26:52; Revelation 13:10.
Jesus and his 1st century followers were only ' neutral ' in world affairs.
They did Not even get involved in the ' issues of the day ' between the Jews and Romans.
Thus, genuine ' wheat ' Christians live by the 1st-century teachings of Jesus, and Not man's church customs.
James 1:27 also gives us a clue as to the right religion.

Old 05-12-2019, 07:42 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,590,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
False clergy have even used the pulpit as a recruiting station so parents will sacrifice their young on the Altar of War.
Jesus, a true religious teacher, teaches Not to fight and kill as per Matthew 26:52; Revelation 13:10.
They did Not even get involved in the ' issues of the day ' between the Jews and Romans.
Thus, genuine ' wheat ' Christians live by the 1st-century teachings of Jesus, and Not man's church customs.
What process did you use to determine that your god is the right god, and if I used your process, would I get the same result?

Old 05-12-2019, 08:34 PM

50,766 posts, read 24,270,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
It doesn't matter what Jesus taught as much as it matters what those who identify with him actually do.

As a retired teacher and school administrator, when students weren't learning, a big part of the blame was on the teacher...not all the blame...but a good part of it. Maybe Jesus wasn't such an effective teacher.

Old 05-13-2019, 05:16 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,019,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
It doesn't matter what Jesus taught as much as it matters what those who identify with him actually do.

As a retired teacher and school administrator, when students weren't learning, a big part of the blame was on the teacher...not all the blame...but a good part of it. Maybe Jesus wasn't such an effective teacher.
“You can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make him drink”...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality