Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2019, 08:04 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,069,223 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel350z View Post
That doesn't explain the obvious differences between "you" and "me. If physical properties and mental properties were just properties of bodies there would be no difference between me and you.
There would be plenty of difference. Just as with the following two comparisons.

The Nile and the Amazon rivers.

This lit candle on the right, and that lit candle on the left.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2019, 06:06 AM

3,636 posts, read 3,427,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel350z View Post
If souls didn't exist we would all be egoless. I think your argument is more along the lines that a soul can't function on its own.
Linguistically circular nonsense from you there. You are just creating two words for the same thing it seems - and then acting like there is some implication for that.

We "know" something exists. It is the part of me communicating with the equivalent part of you. Regardless of what we want to call that - soul ego consciousness sentience or whatever - your experience during a drug trip in no way suggests as true any of the things we have been discussing on this thread together so far.

You can experience through drugs - and through other methods - the sensations of leaving your own body or of travelling to another dimension or realm. I have frequently had all those experiences myself.

The distinction is that there is no reason to think you actually did leave the body or go to another realm. That you experienced a feeling that felt like you did - I have absolutely no doubt at all.

Old 03-29-2019, 06:29 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,013,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monumentus View Post
Linguistically circular nonsense from you there. You are just creating two words for the same thing it seems - and then acting like there is some implication for that.

We "know" something exists. It is the part of me communicating with the equivalent part of you. Regardless of what we want to call that - soul ego consciousness sentience or whatever - your experience during a drug trip in no way suggests as true any of the things we have been discussing on this thread together so far.

You can experience through drugs - and through other methods - the sensations of leaving your own body or of travelling to another dimension or realm. I have frequently had all those experiences myself.

The distinction is that there is no reason to think you actually did leave the body or go to another realm. That you experienced a feeling that felt like you did - I have absolutely no doubt at all.
If one realm exists, why not another? When does one begin to exist on realm or another?
https://www.physicsclassroom.com/cla...on-s-Third-Law

Old 03-29-2019, 07:58 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,597,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monumentus View Post

A Scientologist, you are?

Old 04-02-2019, 02:31 AM

3,636 posts, read 3,427,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
If one realm exists, why not another? When does one begin to exist on realm or another?
I am not sure I understand the question as it applies to my post. No one - at least not me - is suggesting the other realm does not exist. Just saying we have no reason to think it does. Or specifically that even if it does - that using a particular drug transported the City Data User above there.

I am even less sure what the laws of motion have to do with it

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
A Scientologist, you are?
If I did not understand the question above - I even less understand this one What on earth - pardon the pun - gave you that impression?

Old 04-02-2019, 09:58 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,928,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Christians have the Holy Spirit abiding on their spirits , as Holy Spirit is the only Spirit of the living God , as God give His Spirit to the followers of Jesus Christ

Hindus have the spirit of Krishna abiding on their spirits. Krishna is the divine Father god, Vishnu incarnated into human form. Which is the real true religion, really??????

Old 04-03-2019, 07:43 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,738,332 times
Quote:
https://www.physicsclassroom.com/cla...on-s-Third-Law
There is no reason that I know of why 'another' Realm exists. We just don't have any convincing evidence presented for it.

Old 04-03-2019, 07:48 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,013,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
There is no reason that I know of why 'another' Realm exists. We just don't have any convincing evidence presented for it.
You can rubber stamp that phrase on every R/S thread topic and claim some type of victory but I thought it was pretty much understood for every action there's a reaction.

Old 04-04-2019, 06:34 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,920,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
This is a joke, right?

"Which religion is the true religion?" NONE of them!

But OP, come on, you must be punking us. No one could (seriously) ask such a silly question.

The bible clearly shows that Jesus began a new religion( Acts24:5)-- It most certainly was not the religion that came out of Rome or any of her 33,999 branches. But it is a christian religion--One single religion( 1Corinthians 1:10)

Old 04-04-2019, 08:24 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,738,332 times
Quote:
You can rubber stamp that phrase on every R/S thread topic and claim some type of victory but I thought it was pretty much understood for every action there's a reaction.
It's not a Victory but a logical position on claims that do not have good evidence. They may be logically possible, but there is no logical reason to believe it. It's just too easy to be a 'Win'. It 's more of a 'basics' starting point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality