Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2019, 05:30 PM

1,105 posts, read 2,303,618 times

Advertisements

Different religions are all saying the same thing with a different story behind it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2019, 11:10 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,567,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angorlee View Post
Different religions are all saying the same thing with a different story behind it.
love, compassion, and understanding ... the central dogma. the ultimate indoctrination. I hope anyway.

Old 01-31-2019, 10:16 PM

3,458 posts, read 1,453,778 times
I think it just depends on what part of the world you live in. If you live in America, then yes, Christianity is the true religion.
If you live in Iraq, probably not so true.
If you live in China, well, you get the picture.

Old 02-02-2019, 01:40 PM

7,420 posts, read 2,707,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesemont View Post
Yep, the Roman Catholic Church is the greatest organization in the world. People in it do more good for others than all other groups by far. That's another reason I am pleased and proud to be a member, aside from the fact that its teachings are the truth.
Cheesemont, Catholics believe their Church was founded by Jesus Christ, and follow the New Testament, am I correct?

Luke 14:7-11 ( modern translation) Your thoughts?

When Jesus noticed that all who had come to the dinner were trying to sit in the seats of honor near the head of the table, he gave them this advice:“When you are invited to a wedding feast, don’t sit in the seat of honor. What if someone who is more distinguished than you has also been invited? The host will come and say, ‘Give this person your seat.’ Then you will be embarrassed, and you will have to take whatever seat is left at the foot of the table!
“Instead, take the lowest place at the foot of the table. Then when your host sees you, he will come and say, ‘Friend, we have a better place for you!’ Then you will be honored in front of all the other guests.For those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.”

Old 02-02-2019, 03:24 PM

50,759 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Are you proud of the sexual abuse of children by priests?
To Cheesemont: I notice you never responded to this post. So I'll repeat the question -- are you proud of the RAMPANT sexual abuse of children by priests? Is that what makes the organization the greatest in the world?

Old 02-02-2019, 03:56 PM

what ideology puts our children at risk from pedifiles far more than the catholic church?
what Ideology puts hundreds of them in and around my area?

Old 02-02-2019, 04:48 PM

50,759 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
what ideology puts our children at risk from pedifiles far more than the catholic church?
what Ideology puts hundreds of them in and around my area?
First of all, this is a pedifile: https://www.amazon.com/Pedi-File-Dre...words=pedifile

I assume you mean pedophile.

I said I wasn't going to respond to your posts any longer, but I'm going to this time.

This forum is not about your neighborhood or region. This forum -- and this discussion -- is about religion. Heck, the title of the thread has the word religion in it twice. Furthermore, and perhaps most importantly, the church is supposed to be the upholder of morality, not the nest of immorality. Priests who molested children were hearing confessions, blessing people, advising parishioners on moral issues, all while they were living and perpetrating a lie.

“See that you do not despise one of these little ones. For I tell you that their angels in heaven always see the face of my Father in heaven.”

— Matthew 18:10

Old 02-02-2019, 05:55 PM

***yawn***
avoidance

Old 02-04-2019, 11:16 AM
nng

695 posts, read 289,181 times
Not all religions can be true, but all religions can be false

Old 02-08-2019, 08:30 AM

5,517 posts, read 2,402,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monumentus View Post
I think the issue goes a little more fundamental than that. In that there is no evidence the "souls" exist either. So the issue is not that hell does not exist to protect the souls from - but that the souls do not appear to exist to even protect in the first place.

There is just no evidence at all that any aspects of consciousness, sentience, experience, subjectivity or humanity lifts off the body or brain at death and continues in any form other than dissipation of heat and cessation of chemical and electrical activity.
If souls didn't exist we would all be egoless.
I think your argument is more along the lines that a soul can't function on its own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality