Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2019, 06:34 AM

10,049 posts, read 18,056,896 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
The bible clearly shows that Jesus began a new religion( Acts24:5)-- It most certainly was not the religion that came out of Rome or any of her 33,999 branches. But it is a christian religion--One single religion( 1Corinthians 1:10)
I have no idea why you quoted my post from December 2018 (which was directly in response to the OP) in your reply above ^^^. Your reply did not respond in any way to what I wrote. (I mean, you do understand that your simply stating that your bible says something doesn't make your religion "the one true religion" -- right? And you do understand that other people with other religious beliefs often believe that THEIRS is "the one true religion" -- right? )

This is why I usually stay out of this forum ... too many things that make no sense at all ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2019, 08:22 AM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
I have no idea why you quoted my post from December 2018 (which was directly in response to the OP) in your reply above ^^^. Your reply did not respond in any way to what I wrote. (I mean, you do understand that your simply stating that your bible says something doesn't make your religion "the one true religion" -- right? And you do understand that other people with other religious beliefs often believe that THEIRS is "the one true religion" -- right? )

This is why I usually stay out of this forum ... too many things that make no sense at all ...
No, he doesn't understand that. All of his posts have one theme--My religion is the right one, I am special, chosen, and the rest of you are not. It's all he ever writes on this forum in some form or another, whether it is relevant to the conversation at hand or not.

That is the belief of all Jehovah's Witnesses. They've got the One True Religion, and everyone else is dirt.

Old 04-26-2019, 09:21 PM

34 posts, read 13,606 times
Look at the root of the word religion, which is LIG. What is the definition of lig? As you can see in the Miriam-Webster dictionary it means lie. The other definitions I found for the word lig was to sit back and do nothing, and to engage entertainment - all of which is satanic being that satan is false belief - a lie. Combine the prefix RE and the suffix IOUS and you get a definition that is absolutely atrocious! If you combine the words religion and religious you get the following definition: To repeat and become glorified lies while doing nothing (to resolve mortality) while entertaining yourself and being awesome at it. This is a perfect definition and/or recipe for brainwashing. It can also be called social engineering where people who understand the mechanics of consciousness can organize and create religions in order to control the actions of individuals in society for their personal, selfish benefit that is based on the principle of Order Out of Chaos, all through brainwashing.

The effect of religion on society is a mass brainwashing and controlling effect. An example would be to worship god. Religions invent and assign specific satanic characteristics to their god or deity (e.g., anger, jealously, sacrifice, judgment) and then worshiping that deity infects these souls with these satanic characteristics which is false beliefs/satan. What will set you free? Truth! What does religion focus on? Lies and slandering through various methods. Repetitive rituals based on lies converts people to become satanic. As a result meaningless practices and rituals that accomplish nothing while being entertaining consumes the religious to death, hence, 'religion'. Unfortunately, the word religion is commonly used to describe what people believe in vs. the truth which is the satanic beliefs that people subscribe to and live by.

Jesus used the analogy, the teaching of god, of the bride and groom to describe what a real church is and does. The bride, which is the church, is not a building. It's the people. The groom is the truth of life. If the groom (truth) impregnates the bride (the people in the church) the result is the creation of life. This is a teaching about immortality, the creation of everlasting life based in the higher dimensional structure of consciousness. So a church that is 'activism in truth' produces immortals. A church that is impregnated with falsehoods produces death (i.e., aging), is controlling and oppressive. This is the very simple way to identify a real and fraudulent church.

Old 04-26-2019, 09:42 PM

13,011 posts, read 13,038,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyI View Post
[color=#fe9120][font=Iceberg][color=Black]Look at the root of the word religion, which is LIG. What is the definition of lig? As you can see in the Miriam-Webster dictionary it means lie.
This isn't how linguistics works. You cannot take any three or four letters from a word, claim that is the root, and go off on some tangent.

The root of religion is probably the Latin religio, which shoots your theory down completely. The rest of your post is reduces to ridiculousness as a result.

Old 04-26-2019, 09:55 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,590,666 times
Quote:
Look at the root of the word religion, which is LIG. What is the definition of lig?
You are 100% wrong in your etymology of the word "religion'. Where in the world did you dig your perspective up from?

As such, the rest of your post is nonsense and irrelevant. No one needs to go past this glaring error and even try and read the rest. Anytime an argument is made on a falsehood, it cannot be used to substantiate anything.

Old 04-26-2019, 11:03 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,062,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
You are 100% wrong in your etymology of the word "religion'. Where in the world did you dig your perspective up from?

As such, the rest of your post is nonsense and irrelevant. No one needs to go past this glaring error and even try and read the rest. Anytime an argument is made on a falsehood, it cannot be used to substantiate anything.
Nah ah, because the word "belief" includes its root right in the middle also, i.e. "lie" which is to sit back and relax for entertainment (OR THE SLEEP OF DEATH, scary!), surely a Satanic... lie.

haha just joking.

Old 04-27-2019, 04:52 AM

Quote:

Lig definition is - dialectal British variant of lie.

Its simply a definition created from the combination of the three syllables of re lig ion+ious. Truth sets you free. Lies kill you. repeating and acting upon lies is called culture or a 'way of life'. That's what religion promotes to control populations. That agenda is the same as the antichrist, which is to infect the population with false beliefs to control their choices that create chaos, the opposite of peace, so that satanic extortionists and investors can take advantage of the chaos for selfish gain = Order Out of Chaos. That's what religion does, because people knew the truth they know how to resolve death and slavery, something evil doesn't want because you can't enslave immortals. This will definitely trigger satanists.

Old 04-27-2019, 05:20 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,567,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
Nah ah, because the word "belief" includes its root right in the middle also, i.e. "lie" which is to sit back and relax for entertainment (OR THE SLEEP OF DEATH, scary!), surely a Satanic... lie.

haha just joking.
its so funny how that works sometimes. Like spell check puts the wrong word in but the word is perfect. In a zen way. you know, for humor and thought dislodging purposes.

Old 04-27-2019, 08:16 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,590,666 times
Quote:
Lig definition is - dialectal British variant of lie.

Its simply a definition created from the combination of the three syllables of re lig ion+ious. Truth sets you free. Lies kill you. repeating and acting upon lies is called culture or a 'way of life'. That's what religion promotes to control populations. That agenda is the same as the antichrist, which is to infect the population with false beliefs to control their choices that create chaos, the opposite of peace, so that satanic extortionists and investors can take advantage of the chaos for selfish gain = Order Out of Chaos. That's what religion does, because people knew the truth they know how to resolve death and slavery, something evil doesn't want because you can't enslave immortals. This will definitely trigger satanists.
That is not the etymology of the word religion. I really don't care what an obscure British dialect uses, you in you OP were discussing the etymology of "religion", and you were 100% wrong, off base, and now you are doubling down on your ignorance.

Don't do that. If you have points to make, make them from an erudite point of view. Regardless if your following discussion may have merit, your starting off with a falsehood destroys any credibility that narrative may have.

Old 04-27-2019, 02:34 PM

Quote:
in you OP were discussing the etymology of "religion"
Actually, I wasn't. I don't care about etymology, which makes your claim here false. I was referring to the definition of religion, not the historically accepted meaning or origins. My definition is based on the truth of what is happening, not anything historical.

What causes every problem on earth? Satan. What is satan? False beliefs. How do you get people to believe in things that are false? repeat Lies. LIG = Lie and/or to entertain. With the prefix RE means repeat and become lies. And with the suffix ion which means to act or act upon and/or ious (i.e., religious) means to become, means the word religion is to infect people with lies/satan, which causes all the problems we see in the world.

Out of curiosity one day I decided to look up the root word, LIG, in the words religion and religious and I found two definitions that fit the bill perfectly. Lie & entertain. (satan/lies) entering and attaining by repeating lies. That is PRECISELY what religion does.

Take Christianity, for example. "The bible is the word of god". That's a lie. The universe, the laws of physics, the planet, and even our physical bodies is the word of god. There is where you find pure truth directly from god, but religion lies and tells you otherwise. The effect is that victims of religion never find the truth. Instead, they only believe in lies, which causes death. Another example is "Jesus is the only lord and savior". Absolute lie. What is the effect of that belief on victims? It causes defamation of character of anyone who may do the same thing Jesus did, and that causes them to not get involved and the effect is they remain mortal and suffer without any salvation to be had. That's pure cult brainwashing and control of people in a negative, deathly way.

If you want to make this world a better place then you must define things based on what is actually happening. Jesus called that God's Messenger of Truth. Etymology has zero value when it comes to the future of the world, especially when it comes to activism. What do I do, personally? I'm a consciousness based activist, also known as a saint or a messiah. I teach immortality, how to walk the path Jesus taught that makes you physically enlightened and leads to salvation. That's where I am coming from IF you want to understand my posts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality