Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2019, 02:44 PM

8,666 posts, read 3,866,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
I gave an honest reply. I don't know what else you want. I don't personally care what you believe and I'm not on any crusade to sway anyone.
Yeah - we’re all familiar with your packaged one-liners.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2019, 02:49 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,010,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
Yeah - we’re all familiar with your packaged one-liners.
Oh! duh! your enjoying internet instigating.

Old 03-01-2019, 02:55 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
I believe - based solely on how angry he gets with me - that he's a Christian with fundamentalist leanings.

Old 03-01-2019, 02:59 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,010,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I believe - based solely on how angry he gets with me - that he's a Christian with fundamentalist leanings.
You all are determined to keep things personal. Next up, who's all circumcised? Why or why not?

Old 03-01-2019, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
You all are determined to keep things personal. Next up, who's all circumcised? Why or why not?
Me. Had no say in the matter. Although, I probably hollered.

Old 03-01-2019, 06:50 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,165,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I'm honestly curious, why people who don't believe in any form of higher power are on this general Religion and Spirituality forum?
I believe in an higher power, namely myself.

If more people believed they were their own higher power, the World would be a better place.

One thing is for certain, fewer children would die or suffer irreparable physical damage to their bodies, because their parents thought all they had to do was pray to a non-existent entity to save their children.

The day is fast approaching when Humans will be more powerful than your god-thing.

Your god-thing blatantly refuses to heal amputees, but Humans will be able to do that.

Your god-thing won't answer the prayers of the sick and heal them, but Humans will 100% of the time.

That makes your god-thing morally and ethically inferior.

Old 03-01-2019, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post

Your god-thing blatantly refuses to heal amputees, but Humans will be able to do that.

Your god-thing won't answer the prayers of the sick and heal them, but Humans will 100% of the time.

That makes your god-thing morally and ethically inferior.

Except - God does not exist, so how can ‘He’ be morally or ethically inferior?

Old 03-01-2019, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Except - God does not exist, so how can ‘He’ be morally or ethically inferior?
Too many people believe the biblical god-thing is worthy of a capital G and that it exists.

And they believe they know its mind and follow its corrupt lead of demonizing "Others".

Christian Sharia Law could be a real thing if certain portions of the US of A had its way.

Thankfully, I think that is unlikelier by the day.

Old 03-01-2019, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Too many people believe the biblical god-thing is worthy of a capital G and that it exists.

And they believe they know its mind and follow its corrupt lead of demonizing "Others".

Christian Sharia Law could be a real thing if certain portions of the US of A had its way.

Thankfully, I think that is unlikelier by the day.

It’s a proper noun (referring to a specific deity vs. gods in general) so it’s capitalized. The English language does not base capitalization of proper nouns based on whether we feel the subject is ‘worthy’ of a capital letter or not.

The point of my post, however, was God does not exist - so ‘he’ can’t be ‘ethically inferior’.

Last edited by CorporateCowboy; 03-01-2019 at 08:02 PM..

Old 03-01-2019, 09:09 PM

Quote:
It’s a proper noun (referring to a specific deity vs. gods in general) so it’s capitalized. The English language does not base capitalization of proper nouns based on whether we feel the subject is ‘worthy’ of a capital letter or not.

The point of my post, however, was God does not exist - so ‘he’ can’t be ‘ethically inferior’.
Don't presume to lecture me about language. I'm a professional writer. I can mangle the language at will.

And get paid for it.

I was referring to a god-thing because the bumbling, moronic case of arrested development depicted in the bible is not the least bit worthy of a capital G.

Yet they walk, vote, and breed among us who think it exists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality