Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2019, 07:20 AM

4,466 posts, read 1,607,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
Since he persists on using grade-school insults rather than discuss anything intelligently, I’ve blocked him. Spelling is not why I’m here.
I love how so many on this site block anyone they don't like, instead of just ignoring what they don't want to respond to. It's like an elementary school with you folks. "I don't like you! I'm blocking you, so HAH!"

It's pathetic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2019, 08:12 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,199,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
I love how so many on this site block anyone they don't like, instead of just ignoring what they don't want to respond to. It's like an elementary school with you folks. "I don't like you! I'm blocking you, so HAH!"

It's pathetic.
Some people are special snowflakes. Their Mom and Dad told them so since they were infants. They had gold stars on the fridge attesting to their extra special-ness. But special snowflakes are delicate creatures. Anything other than unvarnished praise bruises their fragile egos. They cannot bear the pain, so they block the cause.

Poor dears.

Old 03-04-2019, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Some people are special snowflakes. Their Mom and Dad told them so since they were infants. They had gold stars on the fridge attesting to their extra special-ness. But special snowflakes are delicate creatures. Anything other than unvarnished praise bruises their fragile egos. They cannot bear the pain, so they block the cause.

Poor dears.
Sad, but probably true in some cases. I just don't understand that mentality. Just don't respond to the posts you don't want to respond to. How hard is that?? I have no one blocked, and never will, because I am an adult, and will only respond when and where I want to. I don't need to block anyone to do that. There are several posters on here that I could do without, but I usually just skim their posts and move on. I guess some are incapable of controlling themselves?

Old 03-04-2019, 08:19 AM

8,673 posts, read 3,876,576 times
Quote:

It's pathetic.
What’s pathetic is the unnecessary personal attacks which simply speaks to the aggressor’s immaturity, hostility and lack of anything intelligent to say. In essence, it’s the adult version of a temper tantrum. Some us don’t have the time or desire to read the nonsense - so yes, block what doesn’t interest you.

Old 03-04-2019, 08:22 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,199,290 times
Quote:
Sad, but probably true in some cases. I just don't understand that mentality. Just don't respond to the posts you don't want to respond to. How hard is that?? I have no one blocked, and never will, because I am an adult, and will only respond when and where I want to. I don't need to block anyone to do that. There are several posters on here that I could do without, but I usually just skim their posts and move on. I guess some are incapable of controlling themselves?
Ditto. I just skip the posters whom I know from past readings are colossal bores or otherwise wastes of time.

Old 03-04-2019, 09:41 AM

8,673 posts, read 3,876,576 times
Quote:

It's pathetic.
It makes it easier and less time-consuming to filter out the nonsense upfront. If you didn’t have the time, why wouldn’t you?

Old 03-04-2019, 10:13 AM

50,840 posts, read 24,359,728 times
Quote:

It's pathetic.
A bit reactionary, aren't you? I have a blocking list. It's huge! I limit it to 5 posters throughout the forum, although currently the number of blocked posters on my list totals 3. So it's not blocking "anyone they don't like", it's often blocking a few very select individuals whom we don't want to waste time with.

Old 03-04-2019, 10:38 AM

Quote:
What’s pathetic is the unnecessary personal attacks which simply speaks to the aggressor’s immaturity, hostility and lack of anything intelligent to say. In essence, it’s the adult version of a temper tantrum. Some us don’t have the time or desire to read the nonsense - so yes, block what doesn’t interest you.
But that is the point... You aren't forced to read anything. You could just skim through and move on, or ignore a post entirely. You could read it and move on without replying. No one is forcing you to reply and keep replying...

Quote:
Ditto. I just skip the posters whom I know from past readings are colossal bores or otherwise wastes of time.
Exactly. And sometimes those posters may post something interesting or worthy of a response, which is why I mainly just skim the contents and if it seems relevant or worthy of a response, I will read it. Otherwise I just move on.

Quote:
It makes it easier and less time-consuming to filter out the nonsense upfront. If you didn’t have the time, why wouldn’t you?
Maybe I am just a fast reader or something, but it takes me no time at all to do this. Literally, almost no time. A few seconds MAX.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
A bit reactionary, aren't you? I have a blocking list. It's huge! I limit it to 5 posters throughout the forum, although currently the number of blocked posters on my list totals 3. So it's not blocking "anyone they don't like", it's often blocking a few very select individuals whom we don't want to waste time with.
No, I'm not. My experience has been that people who say things like "to the block list" or talk about blocking someone in general (since this is done AFTER blocking them, and they are simply trying to get words in that the blocked user can't respond to and them still see it), are people who block anyone they don't want to deal with, usually people who disagree with them and bring up valid points they don't want to respond to. People like jeffbase and BaptistFundie come to mind. I would assume this wouldn't include you if you only have 3 people blocked. Personally, I just don't see the need.

Old 03-04-2019, 10:56 AM

11,761 posts, read 7,265,083 times
Quote:
And referring to the biblical god-thing with a small "g" indicates my firm belief that it has no more truth to it than any other small-g gods in any other belief system's pantheon.

Old 03-04-2019, 11:00 AM

11,761 posts, read 7,265,083 times
Quote:
Trout did not attack you nor was he immature or hostile. Move on already!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality