Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2019, 04:49 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,587,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
When you have to start vetting people, you're no different than the boogeyman you've constructed.
whats that mean grab?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2019, 04:55 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,013,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
whats that mean grab?
It's sort of like "prove to me your not guilty". That's why I don't understand why the conversations have to be so personal. Sure, there's always going to be off-shoots... that's why it would be great to assess the macro instead of fixating on the micro.

Old 03-01-2019, 07:54 AM

Quote:
It's sort of like "prove to me your not guilty". That's why I don't understand why the conversations have to be so personal. Sure, there's always going to be off-shoots... that's why it would be great to assess the macro instead of fixating on the micro.
for some, its a personal emotional state that is determining their world view and how they behave. They are only personally emotionally biased.

Yes, Its the macro. I call base axioms. At the heart of every disconnect there is a fundamental difference in base axioms. the less of a difference between axioms the lessor the disconnect.

For example: truth and justice for all people compared to "anti-religion". How would people appear in discussing ideas based on those two different base axioms? which one tends to have to divert off topic towards personal attacks to maintain itself as valid?

The exact same thing can be said for comparing the "my religion" types to "liberty and justice for all". Some theist don't understand what freedom of religion means.

then how would would "my religion only" and "anti-religion" types look while "debating".? messy, I should think.

Human are relatively easy when we study them in the same way we study other animals. the problem is some people can't see past themselves and how they feel. They will show us how much better their way of thinking is; no matter how many people they destroy. My real world example of that is how a certain type of people have utterly destroyed our public schools on the north east united states. They sure showed us who's boss. and generations will pay the price.

Old 03-01-2019, 08:00 AM

50,836 posts, read 24,347,720 times
Quote:
What is more personal than one's religious beliefs. Whether there is a heaven or hell? Whether there is a right religion? It's one of the most core beliefs a man or woman has.

Old 03-01-2019, 08:36 AM

8,672 posts, read 3,874,206 times
Quote:
Gab - are you an atheist or a Christian? I never see anything but one-liners from you about how people post. Just curious where it is you stand?

Old 03-01-2019, 08:50 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,195,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
Gab - are you an atheist or a Christian? I never see anything but one-liners from you about how people post. Just curious where it is you stand?
Good luck.

Old 03-01-2019, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
I don't have a need for there not to be a creator.

I revere nature. I don't have any certain rituals that I adhere to. I'm interested in any all of the worlds religions.... what difference does it make what each poster believes unless you are wanting to date or bed that person? There's no need to divulge personal information in order to discuss generalized topics.

Old 03-01-2019, 12:17 PM

Quote:
I don't have a need for there not to be a creator, I revere nature, I don't have any certain rituals that I adhere to, I'm interested in any all of the worlds religions, ....
thats more of trait than a belief.

Like i believe we are surrounded by life and thats what theist misrepresent as a god thing. trans tells me I shouldn't compare that claim to his claim that we have deny everything so theist can't use it against us. It makes his position look childish.

what is your belief? we are the most complex thing? we are part of a life form, type thinking? an aromatic god thing? yes, thats aromatic ... in that they stink.

whats your take?

Old 03-01-2019, 12:23 PM

11,102 posts, read 7,168,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
..Why are people who are not interested in it so compelled to post negative things to people who ARE interested in the topic?
Because they assume/believe that they see the world crystal-clear and infallibly, and that others MUST agree with them. Two mistakes that don't make a "right".

It's the exact same - but polar opposite - of the fundies and hardcore Bible-thumpers (they're just Atheist fundies). Neither of these two groups serve any useful purpose in this life with their blatant extremism and antagonizing banshee-styled delivery. They're as disgusting as hardcore partisans in the political realm.

I have no issue with atheists who don't preach and berate in shrieking fashion. They are worthy of respect. But they aren't the ones who are subject of this particular thread.

Last edited by Thoreau424; 03-01-2019 at 12:35 PM..

Old 03-01-2019, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
thats more of trait than a belief.

Like i believe we are surrounded by life and thats what theist misrepresent as a god thing. trans tells me I shouldn't compare that claim to his claim that we have deny everything so theist can't use it against us. It makes his position look childish.

what is your belief? we are the most complex thing? we are part of a life form, type thinking? an aromatic god thing? yes, thats aromatic ... in that they stink.

whats your take?
I don't care what you believe individually. I'm fine with whatever you choose. I'm interested in world religions and mythologies on a larger scale.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality