Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2019, 07:28 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,870,605 times

Advertisements

One thing you will NOT get with atheists is maturity. That is the one thing that most of them seem to lack.

Old 04-04-2019, 07:28 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,641,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
That's a load of nonsense. Who in the hell would want to visit an atheistic wasteland, once the forum becomes that?
No, it was common sense.

Old 04-04-2019, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Would love to see them just once be outnumbered by Christians 12 to 1. They would crumple like Dollar Tree tissue paper. lol
I know. In fairness, I think in some sense they probably have been outnumbered many times. But they were never outnumbered by Christians in the way that they probably think they have been.

Old 04-04-2019, 07:39 PM

50,838 posts, read 24,347,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
I know. In fairness, I think in some sense they probably have been outnumbered many times. But they were never outnumbered by Christians in the way that they probably think they have been.
How the follicle do you know what situations we've been outnumbered in?

Old 04-04-2019, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Oh please do get off the grand standing for once. It is so ridiculous. No one here is supporting slavery and you know it. You flat out ignored this question:

" Telll me, if you are only give a choice between two evils, does that mean you support or defend the evil choice if you pick the lesser of two evils? "
Thank you for stating what you felt had been ignored. I did see the question but I had taken it for rhetorical.

If forced to choose between two evils, yes, I would choose the lesser one. However, I am neither omnipotent nor omniscient.

Quote:
Iam done with you, but I won't stand for you to get the last word in with flat out lies. Have some maturity to just let it go. Or YOU can go pout with the rest who can't stand that I refuse to speak them ever again.
Again, you are certainly free to "be done with me" if you choose. I have not and do not lie. I do not pout. I do not flounce off in huff. I do not exhibit temper tantrums. And I will not mind in the least should you refuse to respond to me. I will however, continue to respond to you anytime that I so choose.

Quote:
I have never ONCE asked an atheist a direct question and got a response. They only care about putting the Christian on the defense. It is just a game to them. And I will continue to expose their ugly lies and games.
This is nonsense. You have received many responses to your questions in this very thread. On the other hand, you have refused to respond to many direct questions put to you.

Old 04-04-2019, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Would love to see them just once be outnumbered by Christians 12 to 1. They would crumple like Dollar Tree tissue paper. lol
Well then, invite your Christian friends.

Old 04-04-2019, 08:00 PM

1,096 posts, read 1,047,842 times
Religions can wax and wane over time. Certain things, such as economic conditions, disease, or war, can increase or decrease religious attendance.

For example, if all is well, people are employed, have stable jobs with good income and are healthy, they'll tend to be less religious.

But if they are facing tough economic times, war is raging, or if disease is rampant, then people will look to the supernatural for answers.

Old 04-04-2019, 08:13 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,195,004 times

Old 04-04-2019, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Well then, invite your Christian friends.
Is it feeding time?

Old 04-04-2019, 08:26 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,717,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
So basically, personal perception of how Jesus is interacting with one?
In your view it is a personal perception. From my standpoint it is the Holy Spirit of God. Again, one's RELATIONSHIP with Jesus impacts how they view others in a more kindly fashion. When the "book" is the answer, it never speaks with a single voice.

Conservative Christians ignore the counter voices of prophets in the OT. The prophets all attempted to explain what God is like. But they told different stories.

Here is an analogy:
There are various answers to the question "Where do babies come from?" and someone might say "The stork brings them," and another might say when Mommy and Daddy love each other very much a baby starts to grow in Mommy's tummy," and still another might say "the male contributes the sperm which he secretes during sexual intercourse to fertilize the egg which the woman provides and in nine months the embryo matures into a fetus and a child is born."

Two of these answers might be considered "true," and one of them is obviously a story intended to symbolize the reality without actually addressing any of the mechanics. Yet all of them are an attempt to answer the question about where babies come from.

This is similar to what we find in the Bible when it comes to the question of what God is like. Some voices give us the stork version with great symbolism and hyperbole. Some voices give us an approximation of the answer. Other voices may give us more detailed and specific answers that align more closely with what atheists and agnostics view as reality.

For those who have met Jesus, He is the reality. He is the "exact representation" of God the Father. He is the "Word made flesh who dwelt among us." Yet for those who insist upon holding to the rigid inerrancy of the OT Scriptures, they will always be kept from fully embracing the clearest and most accurate portrayal of who God really is---He is Jesus. As long as the tarnished testimony of Moses (supposedly) to describe God as one who command His people to slaughter infants and toddlers without showing compassion then we will forever stand in opposition to Jesus who showed us a Father who loves children, cares for His enemies, and shows compassion to the marginalized.

The Bible never speaks of itself as "God with us," but it does speak of Jesus that way. We either agree with Jesus about who God is or we side with those OT prophets who were not perfect, not flawless, and not "God with us in the flesh."

The jeffs of the world prefer a book to Jesus because its something they can wave in people's faces and it becomes a kind of Scepter of the Spiritual world. But for Jesus followers NOTHING is absolute. Yet I maintain that kindness and love is a universal language understood by all if not accepted!!!

The world of Jesus is not about winning in a battle with you. It is about inviting you to discover who He is and letting His Holy Spirit guide you to your own truth.

But I think perhaps your mindset is no different than jeff's. The Bible has to be all "true" as you define true or it cannot have any truth that can make your life better. Believing "all" the Bible as jeff does has turned him into a not very likable young man, because the Bible usurps the position that God gave to Jesus. Believing none of the Bible because one part is not "true" has led you to be just as callous with regard to things you haven't yet understood. You are attempting to "win" as much as jeff.

But it is only by losing that one wins.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality