Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2019, 08:29 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,744,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
I know. In fairness, I think in some sense they probably have been outnumbered many times. But they were never outnumbered by Christians in the way that they probably think they have been.
You should have been on the Boards 15 years ago. And, if we were in the habit of diving into Christianity forum, that's what we would have. In fact there's nothing stopping them posting here, any time they like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApePeeD View Post
Religions can wax and wane over time. Certain things, such as economic conditions, disease, or war, can increase or decrease religious attendance.

For example, if all is well, people are employed, have stable jobs with good income and are healthy, they'll tend to be less religious.

But if they are facing tough economic times, war is raging, or if disease is rampant, then people will look to the supernatural for answers.
That's one factor that we think can assist religious recruitment. It's one reason why human welfare is rather important to atheism.

Old 04-04-2019, 08:33 PM

13,011 posts, read 13,054,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
I have never ONCE asked an atheist a direct question and got a response. They only care about putting the Christian on the defense. It is just a game to them. And I will continue to expose their ugly lies and games.

Jeff, ask me anything you like and I will answer, fully and honesty. The only thing I will not answer is anything that will reveal my identity.

Old 04-04-2019, 08:34 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,718,300 times
Quote:
One thing you will NOT get with atheists is maturity. That is the one thing that most of them seem to lack.
Ozzy, I disagree 100%. In fact many show far more maturity than "bible-believers" who won't even critically assess the Scripture they say they believe.

But "bible-believers" are Christ's worst enemy when they try to argue the Bible speaks with one voice. I, myself, have shown counter voices all through Scripture where different men of God understood the complete opposite of other men of God.

God has given a purpose to these "non-believers" who question us intently. And, if we haven't the courage and wherewithal to love them despite their honest criticism, then who are we to say that God loves EVERYONE? If we get offended, it is a picture of a man with a Bible, but not the Son of God. If we think we are superior, then we have dismissed the message Christ left in the pens of the gospel writers.

Trying to argue "logically" is fighting on the ground of the unbeliever. Lifting them up toward God puts them in heavenly territory where fighting is unnecessary.

Old 04-04-2019, 08:37 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,718,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
Jeff, ask me anything you like and I will answer, fully and honesty. The only thing I will not answer is anything that will reveal my identity.
Since you are in western Washington, one of my favorite areas of the country (graduated H.S. in Vancouver, WA about 100 years ago), you need no justification before believers. God has already put you in heaven!

Old 04-04-2019, 08:40 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,199,290 times
Quote:
One thing you will NOT get with atheists is maturity. That is the one thing that most of them seem to lack.
You assessing someone else's maturity belongs in the theatre of the absurd.

Old 04-04-2019, 08:41 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,744,698 times
Default feeding frenzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzyrules View Post
is it feeding time?
:d

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufFOghMt1yI

Old 04-04-2019, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Since you are in western Washington, one of my favorite areas of the country (graduated H.S. in Vancouver, WA about 100 years ago), you need no justification before believers. God has already put you in heaven!
It is a pretty great area.

I want to thank you for being reasonable with respect to the motives and character of atheists. We are not a pack if corrupt, evil things as Jeff seems to think, we are simply people who do not agree with theists on the question of god. Thanks for understanding that, and being willing to speak up.

Old 04-04-2019, 08:46 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,329,567 times
Quote:
Oh please do get off the grand standing for once. It is so ridiculous. No one here is supporting slavery and you know it. You flat out ignored this question:

" Telll me, if you are only give a choice between two evils, does that mean you support or defend the evil choice if you pick the lesser of two evils? "

I am done with you, but I won't stand for you to get the last word in with flat out lies. Have some maturity to just let it go. Or YOU can go pout with the rest who can't stand that I refuse to speak them ever again.

I have never ONCE asked an atheist a direct question and got a response. They only care about putting the Christian on the defense. It is just a game to them. And I will continue to expose their ugly lies and games.
I have answered your questions, oft times with a longish detailed answer explaining to the best of my ability.

You claim we attack and mock you or your God with just about anything we say, however you have no problem insulting us either collectively or individually. You claim we tell lies, that our life's are meaning less to ourselves and that it is impossible for us to truly love someine, or at least selfishly. You have no problem calling other religions false and lies and non Bible believing Christians as atheists.

If folks like yourself or OzzyRules wish for civil and respectful discussions both of you will have to start out by being civil and respectful as well.

Telling you that the verse you quote does not mean that God hates slavery is not the same as claiming that you support slavery. Simply the words in that verse do, in no way I can understand it,condemn the practice of slavery. Maybe there is something else you can cite that does but there is no way to take from that verse that God hates slavery.

I have answered your direct questions. I have read websites that you refer to and looked at what you call evidence in your posts. Before you making such broad accusations maybe think if they are true. Yourself is not the best at answering direct questions and certainly not at looking at cited works,

Calm down a bit. I will ask you a direct question; how can we accept your claim that God is the source of our morality if there is no clear and plain telling us that slavery is wrong and immoral? And if there are no clear instructions that slavery is immoral from your God, how can we come up with the notion that slavery is immoral? I don't want excuses or claims that it was a different kind of slavery or wasn't even real slavery. I just want to know how, by using only the Bible should I come up with the idea that slavery is immoral.

Old 04-04-2019, 09:09 PM

10,090 posts, read 5,739,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
I appreciate that. Thanks Fish.

Old 04-04-2019, 09:41 PM

Quote:
I appreciate that. Thanks Fish.
Your welcome. Do you have a question?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality