Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2019, 04:33 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,867,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
You are bearing false witness.
No. He just knows you better than you know yourself. Either that, or else you are no better than the other bullies here if you really are not that blind.

Old 04-04-2019, 05:52 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,637,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
You know what,I'm done with you. You refuse to answer my question and just ping pong back to the same tired arguments. You did not quote me directly saying I approve of slavery. But your kind will never apologize and never admit to be wrong. EVER. Consider this my last post to you. FOREVER.
I have not refused to answer any questions. I have answered each and every one you have put to me, as well as questions I have noticed you put to others.

If you want me to apologize for stating that slavery is evil and immoral, you are right. I will never apologize nor admit to being wrong about condemning slavery. It is but one way that many people are vastly morally superior to God and Jesus.

But certainly, if you would like to flounce off and pout and hold a grudge, in direct disobedience of what Jesus commands you to do, you are free to do so.

Old 04-04-2019, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Again, I've put in way too much time and effort laying out strong arguments to combat this lie, but it's obvious that your side will never give up this position because it's a cheap easy scapegoat. If you can't even get past the fallacy of assuming our modern day culture is EXACTLY the same as an ancient one then its time to move on. You keep saying that the Bible has no problem with slavery when I showed several verses where it condemns it. But no, you cling to your one or two verses out of context.
Except you have not done any such thing.

Quote:
Really, you're going to go there? It's no different than the lie that your side ran me off when the reality is I don't even have time or energy to response to even just your replies since you find it necessary to argue against just about every sentence I post. Just once, I would like to ask a question and put your side on the spot instead of being on the defense constantly and she has repeatedly ignored my questions while lying that I support slavery. My tolerance for that has been drained. It has nothing to do with avoiding tough questions.
What question(s) have I avoided?

You have not answered:

When are the non-Hebrew men and women set free?

Where is the Bible verse telling people to not own slaves?

Did God create people before slavery existed? If yes, then why could He not command Adam and Eve, or Noah and his family, to not own slaves?

And no, I have not lied. I quoted you. I'm still rather shocked at how far you will maneuver in your attempts to justify slavery.

Old 04-04-2019, 06:03 PM

Quote:
I already explained it. It is only given instructions on how to make the best of your current situation.
Instructions to the slave. Where are the instructions to not own slaves?

Old 04-04-2019, 06:06 PM

Quote:
And you haven't explained to me how freeing slaves so they can starve and die and cause the entire society to collapse is the right moral thing to do.

Answer my question first. Please tell me how you would eliminate slavery immediately and successfully while preserving free will. Also please share with proof how immediately changing a social economic structure perfectly and always integrates with every other nation using the former structure.

I await your detailed response.

If God had commanded no slavery in the first place, there would have been no social economic structure to disrupt. Is that or is that not correct?

If I can think of that, then surely an omniscient being ought to be capable.

Old 04-04-2019, 06:10 PM

Quote:
And I pointed out that foreign slaves were frequently either prisoners of war or voluntarily sold themselves to be slaves as a means to escape poverty. See once again you overlay modern society. Options were limited. That was just a reality. It is silly to think that people back then had all kinds of career choices and means to make a living or survive. Your thinking is just too simplistic for a complicated issue. You think God should just say hey stop doing it, it's wrong. Again, God permitted divorce. He didn't approve of it.

That's like trying to win at tennis vs a brick wall. I already know it's a lost cause with your caliber of atheist. Nothing I say will ever make the atheist admit they are wrong. They NEED God to appear evil to prop up their hollow belief in non-belief. The fact that you have to use terms like "flounce" only disintegrates your credibility with me.

Moderator cut: We're not saying people are spiritually dead.

And in what way would that make slavery moral?

Old 04-04-2019, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
No. He just knows you better than you know yourself. Either that, or else you are no better than the other bullies here if you really are not that blind.
Yet another bizarre statement from you. A polite, thoughtful observation is "bullying". But insults and temper tantrums are calm and reasonable discussion.

Old 04-04-2019, 06:17 PM

50,822 posts, read 24,335,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Everything you say is so absurd. Can you please quote one place where anyone here has justified slavery?
I already did about one of your posts.

Old 04-04-2019, 06:17 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
I once argued long and loud with a rock.

I lost.

But I learned a valuable lesson.

Old 04-04-2019, 06:51 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,867,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Yet another bizarre statement from you. A polite, thoughtful observation is "bullying". But insults and temper tantrums are calm and reasonable discussion.
They are quite reasonable, especially when we are outnumbered by about 10 to 1. And we get the same kind of meaningless questions from the majority of posters. The RS forum is basically another Atheist forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality