Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2019, 09:37 AM

11,162 posts, read 7,637,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
If that's your job then you fail miserably at it. My links always back up my arguments.
You apparently still have either not read or not understood your own link.

Old 04-05-2019, 09:50 AM

4,466 posts, read 1,606,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Then why do you read them and post here? And why are you surprised that there are people against Christianity? You know they exist, and you know the reasons why. You can post in the Christianity forum where the existence of God is not allowed to be questioned.
How else would he get his "Christian persecution" quota in?

Old 04-05-2019, 09:59 AM

88,588 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
LOL, but when I see that mindset on here, not just with that poster but with the others who carry it, I remembered how pervasive that way of thinking was in the church in which I was brought up. It's a given that Christians are persecuted and fighting "the world" that is out there trying to fight against them and take away their faith. No one in a church that takes the Bible literally ever says, "Is that really true?"

Unfortunately, that mindset has been misused by those in power throughout history as an excuse to do exactly that unto others by playing the fear card.

Old 04-05-2019, 10:05 AM

4,466 posts, read 1,606,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
LOL, but when I see that mindset on here, not just with that poster but with the others who carry it, I remembered how pervasive that way of thinking was in the church in which I was brought up. It's a given that Christians are persecuted and fighting "the world" that is out there trying to fight against them and take away their faith. No one in a church that takes the Bible literally ever says, "Is that really true?"

Unfortunately, that mindset has been misused by those in power throughout history as an excuse to do exactly that unto others by playing the fear card.
Could not agree any more. The thinking just makes no sense to me. I mean, there are, what?? 250 million Christians in the US? And us lowly non-Christians are somehow persecuting them??? I mean, come on!

Old 04-05-2019, 10:18 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,594,827 times
Quote:
Seems like quite the hostile environment against Christianity. 90% of the posts are anti-Christian in nature.
Jeff, speaking the truth about Christianity is not anti-Christian. I can't help that so much of that truth is how ugly elements of Christian teachings, and scriptures, are.

Old 04-05-2019, 11:05 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
Quote:
Nothing more than the typical knee jerk response. OF course you have to say they failed. Otherwise your house of cards falls down if there is even an inkling that I could be right and my faith is the real deal.

What is particularly aggravating is when the atheist/skeptic demands evidence. I go to the effort to provide this only to have it rejected immediately without consideration. This happened in the other thread when the atheist immediately went to work to trash my source without even bothering to fairly look at the evidence first.

You may have run off theists, but not for the reasons you imply. Perhaps if atheists tried to be a little more friendly, we would want to stay instead of leaving or having to block people.
You cite denial of you making a good case. Well I reckon you presented your case and it didn't stand up. Others will have to decide whom they believe.

You present evidence and it is shown to be inadequate. This is not dismissal without consideration. Rather you dismiss the rebuttals on the grounds of bias. Backed up finally with the argument that we we are so rude that we have driven all the Christian apologists away, as well as a reason for your blocking people when another one is that you don't want to listen to what they have to say.

I can't of course comment on the accusation that some atheist apologists somewhere 'trashed' your source without looking at the evidence. Only comment that your accusations of our biased dismissal here don't seem to accurately reflect the rebuttals of the Evidence that you posted.

Old 04-05-2019, 11:06 AM

50,822 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:
If that's your job then you fail miserably at it. My links always back up my arguments.
Not objectively.

Old 04-05-2019, 11:08 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,858,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
Indeed. Jeff really does believe that being 'persecuted' for lying for Jesus will get him brownie points for heaven. That's why he goes out of his way to promote it.

Old 04-05-2019, 11:19 AM

16,779 posts, read 4,982,520 times
Quote:
Non-denominational Christians are NOT atheists. You latest paper you posted was talking about people that included non-denominational Christians, yet you argued it was about depressed atheists.

I pointed that and several other errors out, as did other people. And nowhere did it mention a HUGE increase in suicides.

You have a very funny habit of posting links you have not read (or not understood) that not only do NOT support your claim, they refute it.

And either you do not understand when we explain this, or you are being dishonest.

Old 04-05-2019, 11:21 AM

50,822 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Indeed. Jeff really does believe that being 'persecuted' for lying for Jesus will get him brownie points for heaven. That's why he goes out of his way to promote it.
I'm not sure he's lying. I think he believes what he says.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality