Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2020, 10:21 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,608,117 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Is that bad? If so, why? By what standard are you able to declare it as bad? Unless you have an objective standard it's only an opinion.
Do you consider yourself a prophet of god BaptistFundie?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2020, 10:25 AM

50,860 posts, read 24,371,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Post 107 you whined that I suggested you can't have an opinion. I've certainly never said that, so I was only clarifying my position.
No, that's not what I asked.

You stated: "But please don't act like it's established fact". I want to see where in this "mini-discussion" I said something was established fact.

All I said was: "I have yet to see a christian answer that question". And I have not. Maybe others have. I have not.

Old 10-20-2020, 10:27 AM

14,497 posts, read 9,441,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
You worship a god that kills babies.

Why?
Because He is the Spirit of eternity, the Creator of all things, and it is lawful for Him to do what He will with His own creation. And because He loves me and has paid it all to save me and to make me His own possession so that I am without blame before Him in love. And it is man that is in the dock to be judged, not Him. Shall the thing formed presume to judge the One Who formed it? What foolishness! He is omnipotent and will punish all His enemies forever.

All pleasures in this life are fading away fast (which are corrupt, and which you have to work for). But mine will last forever, and are given to me freely! It is my Father's good pleasure to give me the kingdom!

Old 10-20-2020, 10:34 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,033,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
No, that's not what I asked.

You stated: "But please don't act like it's established fact". I want to see where in this "mini-discussion" I said something was established fact.
I did not suggest you had done that, or at least I wasn't referring to a specific instance.
Quote:
All I said was: "I have yet to see a christian answer that question". And I have not. Maybe others have. I have not.
meh. ok.

Old 10-20-2020, 10:43 AM

10,101 posts, read 6,444,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
Because He is Spirit of eternity, the Creator of all things, and it is lawful for Him to do what He will with His own creation. And because He loves me and has paid it all to save me and to make me His own possession so that I am without blame before Him in love. And it is man that is in the dock to be judged, not Him. Shall the thing formed presume to judge the One Who formed it? What foolishness! He is omnipotent and will punish all His enemies forever.

All pleasures in this life are fading away fast (which are corrupt, and which you have to work for). But mine will last forever, and are given to me freely! It is my Father's good pleasure to give me the kingdom!
"Enemies"? So those who aren't Christian are "enemies" of the Almighty? I guess that means a lot of people will be SOL when they die, according to that particular POV. Personally, I don't understand the concept of the Almighty having created a flawed mankind in the first place and then having to "save" it from its inherent tendencies. If G-d gave us free will, then he knew some people would choose to do the wrong thing. We should atone for our sins to each other and Him and as our Creator he should forgive us, knowing that we are flawed in the first place. No other atonement or sacrifice is, or was, necessary.

Old 10-20-2020, 10:45 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,203,094 times
Quote:
Because He is the Spirit of eternity, the Creator of all things, and it is lawful for Him to do what He will with His own creation. And because He loves me and has paid it all to save me and to make me His own possession so that I am without blame before Him in love. And it is man that is in the dock to be judged, not Him. Shall the thing formed presume to judge the One Who formed it? What foolishness! He is omnipotent and will punish all His enemies forever.

In other words: Stockholm Syndrome.

Old 10-23-2020, 05:49 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,750,770 times
Quote:

Time for the old book of translation again:

"God can do whatever he likes."

But more, it's Good and "Love" no matter how bad it is, because He's God (1).

It's revolting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
In other words: Stockholm Syndrome.
It's worse than that, because they aren't just the victims that identify with their captors; they join the captors and think they are doing right.

(1) You think I'm joking? Check the 2nd clip. This is a Thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQTH4DOTCAQ

Old 10-23-2020, 10:04 AM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Default What's the punishment for those who've commited suicide in christinity?

There is little hope of understanding God for those who expect punishment from Him. There are consequences to everything we do to others that we will reap eventually if we do not repent and try to correct them, period. God does not punish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality