Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2021, 01:55 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,731,784 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Great opinions. And that's all they are. Society "thinks" that things were moral or immoral. But that has no bearing on any other society.

So, what I'm seeing in all of this is that "No. Without God, murder is not wrong". Still waiting to have someone change my mind. Or at least make a cogent argument for it.
That you are not willing to change your mind does not make you right. The explanations have been given and you dismiss them as opinion. What is that other than Your opinion?

Is it 'opinion' that slavery is now considered wrong and to use the Bible as the authority for that would be 'opinion'. But it doesn't say that, it condones slaver and you have to pretend that it says something else to agree with the human consensus today on slavery being wrong. You must think it is more than just 'opinion' to trump what the Bible says. If so then human morals on murder are valid whether God condemned murder or not, quite apart from God doing what looks like mass murder apart from the fact that he ordered it so you call it 'killing' instead.

Old 01-29-2021, 02:17 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,326,711 times
Quote:
Great opinions. And that's all they are. Society "thinks" that things were moral or immoral. But that has no bearing on any other society.

So, what I'm seeing in all of this is that "No. Without God, murder is not wrong". Still waiting to have someone change my mind. Or at least make a cogent argument for it.
For the same reason that marring a 12 year old girl is immoral or wrong. Has God ever said it was wrong. If he didn't then do approve of a man over 18 marring a 12 year old girl. If your God doesn't prohibit it you would have no grounds to find it wrong.

It's not your God that controls other societies either. And your God is just your opinion, no matter how many times you ignore the fact as you do for all othe isues on moral it that aRe not cleary defined in your book.

No one can chang the mindividual of a person so held on his Bible being true, all other gods and religions being false, that his book as no errors or immorality, that homosexuality is immoral because of his book . The pist I replied to had nothing about changing your mind.

I am sorry that you don't believe a person can tell the difference between right and wrong without being told by your God.

And just what was not cogent in my position. It was supposed to be an explanation not set out as an argument to change your mind. Make up your mind about what you are asking

Old 01-29-2021, 02:28 PM

2,400 posts, read 783,516 times
Quote:
Still waiting for it to be explained without an opinion. If anyone has a way to explain it, knock yourself out.
Done and dusted. Sad that you are un-able/willing to comprehend, but that's on YOU. A bit less sugar in your Kool-Aid for starters.

Old 01-29-2021, 02:37 PM

50,822 posts, read 24,335,838 times
Quote:

What's wrong with opinions? That's all ALL of your posts are.

Old 01-29-2021, 02:44 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
What's wrong with opinions? That's all ALL of your posts are.
He doesn't get that.

Poor thing.

Old 01-29-2021, 02:45 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,326,711 times
BaptistFundie

You missed the part where I stated that as a society (concensus in case you are wondering) decides that we'll being is the standard.

Murder is immoral because it harms the victim and the victims friends and family also suffer. Plus others worry about being murdered. I believe that murder harms well being is an objective decision not based on opinion. It's more than just an opinion that if some stranger murders my wife, it harms hereby ending her life, harms me and our family by depriving us of her. If you have a personal opinion that murdering her does not harm her I would avoid arguing the issue with you. If you disagree with well being the goal that's on you.

Your Bible fails to explain any reasons why homosexual behaviour in today's world harms anyone or even why it was wrong. You just say it's wrong because it says so in your book and in your opinion your book is never wrong.

Old 01-29-2021, 02:59 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
BF restarts this silly merry-go-round every few months. He huffs and puffs and gets his butt handed to him and slinks off for a while but like a dog returning to its vomit -- he keeps coming back for more. With the same tired, nonsensical argument.

There seems to be distinct element of masochism in Fundieville.

Old 01-29-2021, 03:11 PM

16,675 posts, read 15,676,579 times
Quote:

You've had your question answered by several people in several different ways. Apparently you just didn't like anybody's answer, but nevertheless, you have received several well reasoned answers. Continuing to ask a question that has already been answered does not seem productive.

Old 01-29-2021, 03:12 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,809,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
BF restarts this silly merry-go-round every few months. He huffs and puffs and gets his butt handed to him and slinks off for a while but like a dog returning to its vomit -- he keeps coming back for more. With the same tired, nonsensical argument.

There seems to be distinct element of masochism in Fundieville.
Damn, I remember arguing like that with people too. No wonder I was so ineffective, lol.

Old 01-29-2021, 03:14 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,809,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
You've had your question answered by several people in several different ways. Apparently you just didn't like anybody's answer, but nevertheless, you have received several well reasoned answers. Continuing to ask a question that has already been answered does not seem productive.
Seems as if none of us have arrived at the one suitable answer. Whatever that is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality