Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2021, 01:31 PM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to TroutDude again.
Same for Mystic and Transponder

SO in my experience, people who hear audible voices or see things that no one else sees are mentally ill.
And with the right treatment, this can be resolved.

I find it interesting when someone says "God Spoke to Me today" Usually what follows is a justification of sorts to support whatever the person plans to say or do next, even if it is unhealthy or immoral. As for contacting dead people, there has been so many examples of psychics and fortune tellers, channelers and new age mediums who have been shown over and over to be hoaxers and con artists. People do not talk to the dead. Period. They may say they do, and they may think they do, but they don't.

As far as dreaming about dead people, yes people do, but that is not the same as having a real conversation or actual contact with them. Subconscious replaying of past experiences, thoughts, ideas IS NOT contact with the dead. Period.
You are in for such a surprise, KingCat. As I said, Reality is not as cut and dried as you perceive it to be.

Last edited by MysticPhD; 03-04-2021 at 01:58 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2021, 02:25 PM

22,183 posts, read 19,227,493 times
Quote:
SO in my experience, people who hear audible voices or see things that no one else sees are mentally ill.
And with the right treatment, this can be resolved.
I find it interesting when someone says "God Spoke to Me today" Usually what follows is a justification of sorts to support whatever the person plans to say or do next, even if it is unhealthy or immoral. As for contacting dead people, there has been so many examples of psychics and fortune tellers, channelers and new age mediums who have been shown over and over to be hoaxers and con artists. People do not talk to the dead. Period. They may say they do, and they may think they do, but they don't.

As far as dreaming about dead people, yes people do, but that is not the same as having a real conversation or actual contact with them. Subconscious replaying of past experiences, thoughts, ideas IS NOT contact with the dead. Period.
bold above = writers, artists, inventors, sculptors, musicians, composers, and all creativity.

Old 03-04-2021, 02:49 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
bold above = writers, artists, inventors, sculptors, musicians, composers, and all creativity.
I'm a writer, artist and musician.

I do not hear audible voices or see things other people don't see.

I know many writers, artists, musicians et al. Not a single one has ever mentioned hearing audible voices or seeing things others do not.

You poor thing.

Old 03-04-2021, 04:41 PM

7,595 posts, read 6,089,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post

I know many writers, artists, musicians et al. Not a single one has ever mentioned hearing audible voices or seeing things others do not.

You poor thing.
I am not a good writer but my first degree was in fine arts and I dabble in music at time

No I too do not hear voices, nor do I know of any artists who claim to But I do know a plethora of imaginative people, who look at life "outside of the box" who think of unique ways to express things.

My brain imagines all sorts of things, and I have more IDEAS than I can put to canvas I also find inspiration everywhere.....but I do not hear voices or have visions of something which is not there

I live with ideas, and imaginations, but I also understand the difference between reality and fantasy,, fact and fiction, regardless of what Mystic lovingly says Now after I read some of the Kabbalah texts and lessons, I my change that,

BTW I love everything about Mystic even when I disagree with him. Think about that, theists.

Old 03-04-2021, 04:47 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,326,711 times
Quote:
I am an artist (photographer ) and my wife a fine art artist (printmaker, drawing , painting etc.) But neither of us cheap voices or see things. And we supposedly live in a haunted house.

Old 03-04-2021, 04:56 PM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
I am not a good writer but my first degree was in fine arts and I dabble in music at time

No I too do not hear voices, nor do I know of any artists who claim to But I do know a plethora of imaginative people, who look at life "outside of the box" who think of unique ways to express things.

My brain imagines all sorts of things, and I have more IDEAS than I can put to canvas I also find inspiration everywhere.....but I do not hear voices or have visions of something which is not there

I live with ideas, and imaginations, but I also understand the difference between reality and fantasy,, fact and fiction, regardless of what Mystic lovingly says Now after I read some of the Kabbalah texts and lessons, I my change that,

BTW I love everything about Mystic even when I disagree with him. Think about that, theists.
I am humbled by such a ringing acclamation, KingCat, and you know how much of an accomplishment actually humbling me is. We are simpatico, my brother. I love you too!

Old 03-04-2021, 06:58 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
I feel a group hug coming on.

Everybody don your FullBodyCondoms!©

Old 03-04-2021, 11:40 PM

16,781 posts, read 4,986,375 times
Quote:
You missed out the mentally ill, while adding people who do not hear audible voices or see things that no one else sees.

Old 03-05-2021, 12:01 AM

23,162 posts, read 10,455,314 times
Quote:
I feel a group hug coming on.

Everybody don your FullBodyCondoms!©

Love you man

Old 03-05-2021, 06:11 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,731,784 times
Quote:

You poor thing.
Tzaph has always had a problem distinguishing between ideas and Revelations. I believe she lumps them all together under "Intuition".
It reminds me of the excellent atheist Bible -expert, Prof. Stavrakopulou in a discussion panel where a scientist said that science was the best for telling us what was what, or words to that effect and she screamed her head off. It never got explained that science tells us how stuff works unrelated to human preferences, but her view (or what I rook it to be) was that the arts. including the Bible as inspirational literature (I prefer LoR, myself), which wouldn't exist at all without humans (1), have as much part as science in telling how this work within us.

Taph. has trouble with this concept as well, but maybe it has now sunk in.

(1) the implied caveat 'so far as we know and as the evidence indicates' (as in when we say 'God doesn't exist) shouldn't need to be added, but with theist apologetic attempts to wrongfoot atheist apologetics, I'd better say it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality