Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2021, 01:40 PM

11,024 posts, read 5,991,147 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioJB View Post
Oh, how enlightened. On your deathbed you'll surely be one of those praying to God for forgiveness for your arrogant and smug denial of his existence.

It would amuse me that those who believe they are the educated, enlightened ones who no longer believe in God, if it weren't for the fact that their future entry into Heaven could be affected. That's as serious as it gets and its no laughing matter.
You are stating 'facts'. Yet you use the word 'belief'. Do you understand that one cannot 'believe' a fact? To believe means to not know for a fact. Simply put - you do not know what you are claiming to be true.

Quote:
For those who don't believe in God but instead believe in evolution, how do you explain the human mind? Do you really believe a bunch of space rocks collided and eventually man and woman were created somehow? Its ridiculous.
There's that word again. OK then, how do you explain the human mind?

Quote:
And if evolution changed fish to lizards, etc., how come man hasn't grown wings so he fly? When you consider the distance people travel just to get to work you'd think they'd need to adapt so they wouldn't need to use a car everywhere they went. Let me guess, you're going to answer that it'll take us millions of years to develop wings? Well, I don't believe the nonsense.
Something to do with magic. Evolution doesn't do magic. But for your information, evolution has changed fish into lizards. And some creatures have grown wings and can fly. Just not by magic. And since you raised the question, why hasn't God given you wings so you can fly to work?

Quote:
I can see why people who are willing to look at whether God exists from a 'show me the evidence' perspective when they haven't done proper research question his existence. However, when you have at least nine different sources who were no fans of Jesus acknowledging his existence and that he created miracles/wonders, you really should reconsider doubting whether he's the son of God or not, which of course would mean God himself must exist.
Who says we haven't done proper research? Well, OK, you just have but how can you say that? How do you know that?

Just because we have come to a logical conclusion does not mean we have not examined the evidence. Well, actually, there is no evidence to examine but we have searched for evidence. We keep asking you folks for the evidence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2021, 01:43 PM

11,024 posts, read 5,991,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I recently got a cancer diagnosis.
Sorry to hear that phet.

Old 03-30-2021, 01:55 PM

2,400 posts, read 783,757 times
Quote:
I recently got a cancer diagnosis.(Snip).

Best Wishes to you for a full and speedy recovery. Stay strong and resolute, and you will beat it.

Old 03-30-2021, 02:00 PM

5,527 posts, read 3,255,902 times
Quote:
So the question is -- what has happened in the last 20 years that has caused it to collapse.

I would wonder if it was the increase in the power of the religious right being such a turnoff to millions of people.
The internet had much more of an effect than politics.

Old 03-30-2021, 02:07 PM

50,831 posts, read 24,347,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Wow. ok.

I'll pray that God heals that hateful heart.
I want nothing from you.

Old 03-30-2021, 02:28 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,597,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioJB View Post
You're playing with semantics, Norman. Its written history, ignore it at your peril. Just know there are non-Christian sources that confirm Jesus and early Christianity. If you are an intellectually curious person who isn't afraid of hearing the truth and that it may change your misconceptions, please refer back to my post where I included a link to a video you definitely need to watch and listen to very, very carefully.
No, it is not written history. It is a compendium of myths and is historically accurate like Harry Potter is when describing the London train station.

Where are the written non-Christian sources that confirm a Jesus? Name them?

BTW, I don't watch long videos. Name me the timestamps you feel are important, give us a summary, and then maybe. I've wasted too much time on videos that are irrelevant.

Old 03-30-2021, 02:45 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,027,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
No, it is not written history. It is a compendium of myths and is historically accurate like Harry Potter is when describing the London train station.

Where are the written non-Christian sources that confirm a Jesus? Name them?

BTW, I don't watch long videos. Name me the timestamps you feel are important, give us a summary, and then maybe. I've wasted too much time on videos that are irrelevant.
It really is. Your refusal to believe it doesn't mean it's not true.

Old 03-30-2021, 03:01 PM

4,466 posts, read 1,607,081 times
Quote:
Then why is there no record of most of these events outside of the Bible?

Old 03-30-2021, 03:06 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,597,574 times
Quote:
I deal with facts, not myths and speculations. Show the facts, not the claims.

Old 03-30-2021, 03:22 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,027,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
I deal with facts, not myths and speculations. Show the facts, not the claims.
Yet, you seem to suggest evolution is a fact....

OK, sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality