Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2022, 09:58 AM

4,085 posts, read 877,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
The point was that you are discussing your beliefs "with people who don't love God and believe in the Bible" as such a discussion is typically done in this forum.
That doesn't make sense. I post in hopes someone gets something out of what I post to lead them closer to God. I explain to you that it is pointless to discuss with those who want nothing to do with God but be used by Satan to go against God, and that is your reply?

Quote:
Despite what you claim to the contrary. Something you continue to do even with atheists, but also with people who are religious. Which is all good of course, far as I'm concerned anyway, but how and why you have misunderstood, misrepresented and described mordant's comments and/or mine demonstrates a manner of considering these issues and questions that I find very hard to respect. Having nothing to do with your understanding and beliefs being so different from mine.
It does no good to discuss things about God with an atheist, for all they will do is say nay ah, and give insults about God and the Bible.

Quote:

It's more the mature, reasoned, fair and objective discussion that I would think should suit everyone a little better than what many of your comments seem to be about, and this about less education being better than more is utterly baffling to me. Although lack of education tends to undermine the sort of discussion most of us would prefer as well.
God doesn't give wisdom and knowledge to those who go to college because they went to college.

You know how many Catholic priests went to college, and how many Mormons and people of all kinds go to college? You know how many Hindus and Buddhists have gone to college? I have listened to many well educated people and they all come up with different and wrong things when it comes to God.
They don't get wisdom and knowledge the way God says to get it.
They don't even seem to know what Jesus says to do to get it.
Quote:

About that too, wisdom, knowledge and critical thinking isn't just about education or only about education. As I always like to recommend, "don't let school get in the way of your education." Let's DO try to be intelligent, fair and informed about whatever we want to promote as truth in any case. There are many ways of thinking. Many different religions. Many ways to get at the truth of these matters in a calm, collected, fair, reasoned and discerning manner.
Well that sounds good. Let's discuss.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2022, 10:50 AM

29,548 posts, read 9,716,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus'Truth View Post
That doesn't make sense. I post in hopes someone gets something out of what I post to lead them closer to God. I explain to you that it is pointless to discuss with those who want nothing to do with God but be used by Satan to go against God, and that is your reply?

It does no good to discuss things about God with an atheist, for all they will do is say nay ah, and give insults about God and the Bible.

God doesn't give wisdom and knowledge to those who go to college because they went to college.

You know how many Catholic priests went to college, and how many Mormons and people of all kinds go to college? You know how many Hindus and Buddhists have gone to college? I have listened to many well educated people and they all come up with different and wrong things when it comes to God.

Too bad we're not able to make sense to one another, but you wrote you were not sure what point I was trying to make. I simply clarified what point I was trying to make that doesn't have much to do with what you are explaining here either...

What you are describing as pointless is what you are doing in this forum, because you are discussing your beliefs (as described here again) with people who don't believe in God or Satan. So yes that's my reply, and now what? You believe I am being used by Satan to go against God? This is YOUR reply?

No wonder we don't make sense to one another. I mean please have mercy!

I can't speak for all atheists, but I really don't think my part of these discussions is how you describe at all. I've considered many a belief or perspective similar to yours and others. I've done my very best to do so in the best way I know how in the most honest, informed, fair and intelligent manner I'm able. Emphasis on the best way I know how and am able. Perhaps not perfect, but to sum it all up as you do is hard to stomach. To keep it civil here, I'll just leave it at that.

What you are calling wisdom and knowledge is also a disconnect for me, because I've not argued wisdom and knowledge necessarily comes from college. Seems you are hung up on this college business for some reason. Perhaps you didn't go to college? Is that it?

The source of wisdom and knowledge comes from many sources. My father was one of the most wise and knowledgeable people I've known. Successful in many ways too, and he only had a 3rd grade education.

"Let's discuss?"

Now you want to discuss with an atheist? Which is it please...

Old 12-13-2022, 11:35 AM

50,809 posts, read 24,310,427 times
Quote:
What else do you have but to go after me personally since you don't have the truth.

I am a very kind and patient person and my conscious is clear.

If no one is gaining anything that I am saying about God, He tells us why that is.

It is because they will not humble themselves.
The bolded is not at all apparent to me.

Old 12-13-2022, 11:36 AM

Quote:
No you do not understand and I did answer.

Look at that, you used an argument about Buddha that even he doesn't use. lol

You don't know for sure because you don't do what Jesus says to do to know.

Jesus tells how to get understanding about God.

If you want your own understanding then you can have it.

How badly do you want it?
I have ZERO desire to believe in a god I don't believe exists.

Old 12-13-2022, 11:38 AM

Quote:
So you believe your work is to get people away from God? That makes you a slave to Satan.
Try actually thinking. If I don't believe in god...guess what...I don't believe in Satan, either.

Old 12-13-2022, 11:41 AM

Quote:

1. Your grade = F-.
2. And yet here you are...again...having several discussion with several atheists.
3. Did you go to college? Graduate from high school?

Old 12-13-2022, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
1. Your grade = F-.
2. And yet here you are...again...having several discussion with several atheists.
3. Did you go to college? Graduate from high school?
You atheists like to talk to me. lol

Old 12-13-2022, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Try actually thinking. If I don't believe in god...guess what...I don't believe in Satan, either.
You might not believe but it doesn't let you off.

Old 12-13-2022, 02:46 PM

Quote:
I have ZERO desire to believe in a god I don't believe exists.
So why you mention God?

Old 12-13-2022, 02:48 PM

Quote:
The bolded is not at all apparent to me.
Aw show me where you see different.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality