Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2022, 02:56 PM

16,663 posts, read 15,654,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
i would say that an atheist is not knowledgeable about God.
at all.
We have several members who spent many years as devout Christians before becoming unbelievers. It's virtually certain that they are quite knowledgeable about God.

Old 12-13-2022, 03:01 PM

4,085 posts, read 871,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Too bad we're not able to make sense to one another, but you wrote you were not sure what point I was trying to make. I simply clarified what point I was trying to make that doesn't have much to do with what you are explaining here either...

What you are describing as pointless is what you are doing in this forum, because you are discussing your beliefs (as described here again) with people who don't believe in God or Satan. So yes that's my reply, and now what? You believe I am being used by Satan to go against God? This is YOUR reply?

No wonder we don't make sense to one another. I mean please have mercy!

I can't speak for all atheists, but I really don't think my part of these discussions is how you describe at all. I've considered many a belief or perspective similar to yours and others. I've done my very best to do so in the best way I know how in the most honest, informed, fair and intelligent manner I'm able. Emphasis on the best way I know how and am able. Perhaps not perfect, but to sum it all up as you do is hard to stomach. To keep it civil here, I'll just leave it at that.

What you are calling wisdom and knowledge is also a disconnect for me, because I've not argued wisdom and knowledge necessarily comes from college. Seems you are hung up on this college business for some reason. Perhaps you didn't go to college? Is that it?

The source of wisdom and knowledge comes from many sources. My father was one of the most wise and knowledgeable people I've known. Successful in many ways too, and he only had a 3rd grade education.

"Let's discuss?"

Now you want to discuss with an atheist? Which is it please...
I'm kinda new here, so not sure who all the atheists are, but have noticed that the atheists like to talk about God. Ever wonder why that is?

Well if you are an atheist, then I don't see any reason to talk about God and the Bible with you, unless you might be moved to believe in God.

See that, you proved my point when you said that about your dad. Do you know that you proved my point when you said what you did?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2022, 03:05 PM

22,149 posts, read 19,198,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
We have several members who spent many years as devout Christians before becoming unbelievers. It's virtually certain that they are quite knowledgeable about God.
it is utterly irrational to claim knowledge of that which they claim does not exist.

Old 12-13-2022, 03:06 PM

Quote:
lol Why?

God tells us who knows Him and why and how.

Old 12-13-2022, 03:07 PM

Quote:
it is utterly irrational to claim knowledge of something which they claim does not exist
Right on again, Tzaphkiel.

Old 12-13-2022, 03:17 PM

Quote:
it is utterly irrational to claim knowledge of that which they claim does not exist.
It's not irrational at all. Some of those people spent multiple decades sincerely practicing Christianity before discarding it.

Old 12-13-2022, 03:29 PM

22,149 posts, read 19,198,797 times
Quote:
It's not irrational at all. Some of those people spent multiple decades sincerely practicing Christianity before discarding it.
none of that has any relevance to the absurdity of claiming knowledge of that which they say does not exist.

Old 12-13-2022, 03:38 PM

Quote:
none of that has any relevance to the absurdity of claiming knowledge of that which they say does not exist.
That's far from absurd. There are people that know a lot about Superman, Star Wars, Middle Earth, Star Trek, Robin Hood, and leprechauns. None of those things exist.

Old 12-13-2022, 03:39 PM

50,766 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus'Truth View Post
You might not believe but it doesn't let you off.
Let me repeat it for you...we don't believe in all that fantasy stuff. Just like you don't belief in Buddhism, or Chinese folk religions, or Hinduism.

Old 12-13-2022, 03:40 PM

50,766 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus'Truth View Post
So why you mention God?
You state your belief. I state mine.

What gives you the idea in a forum that you're just gonna get to have your say with no push back?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality