Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2009, 01:57 PM

1,628 posts, read 4,040,765 times

Advertisements

I think that the followers of MP cannot deal with what is said by some of us on this site because of cognitive dissonance.

They defer, deflect and deny because they know, subconsciously at least, that the path they are so invested in is not true. They must see the evidence of it in their dealings with it but are unwilling to allow it to surface and destroy the fiction they have created that justifies their choice.

Old 06-26-2009, 10:04 PM

13 posts, read 23,308 times
lol.....

more of the same eh......projection, speculation, conjecture.....

well, go ahead and knock yourselves out then. what kind of arrogance is it that presumes to know what anyone else means by what they don't say, or to know what someone else is thinking/feeling/expressing better than they do themselves.

my purpose, rememberingyou? you have no wish to engage me further, you said. so why bother asking?

for the record, i didn't come here to be anyone's adversary. personally, i see more opportunity lost in this thread than gained. not that there isn't any value in that, either.

continued blessings to all.

Old 06-26-2009, 10:58 PM

The fact of Gary's hypocrisy is not speculation or conjecture.

Old 06-27-2009, 11:22 AM

33 posts, read 103,597 times
"...what kind of arrogance is it that presumes to know what anyone else means by what they don't say..." so sayeth saint shakey

Does this make any sense at all to anyone? I couldn't resist a quick fire back: this is why it is impossible to have a real conversation with you Shaky. You do a kind of spin and double speak that is non-sensical. Of course no one presumes to know what anyone means by what they DON'T say...that's why you need to actually say something! You point your finger at us and then say you might be priviledged to be graced to help heal someone on this forum? Where do you get off? Where do you even get off thanking everyone for their participation and then blessing all of us? I don't want to be blessed by you! You sound like a friggen MP plant to me. Your lack of authenticity and any real engagement is staggering. No, Shaky1, you knock YOURSELF out...until you can speak cleanly and with forthrightness. Maybe you think you come off like some saintly evolved person with all your jargon and spin, but my BS detectors are way up with you and I don't believe I am alone in this. You sound like a bad imitation of Joy Olsen, who is the queen of spinning verbage. And do yourself a favor and try to come up with a creative answer beyond "more of the same eh......projection, speculation, conjecture....." That old retort is not working for you, and it's not accurate either.

Old 06-28-2009, 10:39 PM

175 posts, read 424,931 times
Shakey1:

We all agree that we each have our truth. Your truth does not disprove ours, nor does our truth validate yours.

Yes, we are all experiencing untold blessings in seeing the spiritual effects of our cause as a most worthy and necessary unburdening, and a very real deepening of our own sincerity...

Old 06-29-2009, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Seeley View Post
Hi all,

On the topic of Bird Flu:

I don't remember Gary telling us to do anything radical. He suggested we be prepared, and made it clear we should determine what that meant for us. The local chelas I know got together and made some plans, kept track of information, and bought some basic provisions, but that's it, and I never thought we were supposed to be doing more. I don't personally know any other chelas who did more th an that, but I'm sure some of them are out there, and have learned valuable lessons from their experience.

I don't think preparedness is such a bad idea. From what I understand, Mormons are asked to have 2 years' supply of food, etc., on hand. When I recently had to evacuate my home due to a nearby wildfire, the past bird flu preparedness came in quite handy.

I don't understand the upset about this topic, in general. It's not like MasterPath sells survival kits. There's nothing in it for MasterPath other than trying to protect us.
You and Allan are so entertaining regarding this topic. First, Allan wasn’t even a chela at the time of the Bird Flu talk, and his information is entirely based on “hearsay,” and yet, he presents that “hearsay” as though it is evidence of irrefutable truth. Second, you and him both seem to think that you can wipe out the hardcore facts of the Bird Flu experience with the brush of a stroke on a keyboard. Not true.

I recently spoke with a chela who told me that he lost everything following that talk, his home, vintage car, stockpiled all the provisions, moved in with a group of chelas, which turned out to be a bust, etc.….his story describes the story of many other chelas. I heard one chela actually bought a gun for the first time in her life because of the “preparation” that was most definitely incited through Gary Olsen’s “not so prophetic message”. She also left the path.

I know of other students who wanted to pack up their belongings and relocate to a farm in a remote location where a group of them could "hole up together," to be safely away from the "infected populace" once the pandemic swept the nation, etc. They could plant gardens, share beans and rice, talk MasterPath-speak for hours on end, etc. Thankfully, and wisely, the chela declined to go along with this craziness, and to this day, he is most grateful that he listened to himself, and not "the Master Gary." And so far, the stories that I have heard span the states of CA, OR, AZ, TX, and NM and these people ARE longtime chelas that range from 10 to 17 years.

I WILL REPEAT: these people include Gary’s own office staff, and seva personnel. I find it very amusing that you and Allan deny these truthful accounts as having no merit or value. You are both wrong! And you seem to be living on a different planet than the rest of us when it comes to be being forthright about the infamous Bird Flu Talk. But I suppose Gary’s instruction “to not share your preparedness with anyone” plays a major role in your state of denial about the truth of events.

I don’t believe for a second that talk was/is about Gary “protecting anyone.” I think there are reasons behind that talk that we may never really know the truth. I have my own thoughts on it. But the description that has been offered on this forum is accurate, and there have been several chelas who have thanked me for speaking out about it, as they were very affected by it, and not in a “GOD” way.

What has been shared on this forum is based on facts. It is NOT based on "opinionating or emotionalism."

BTW: doesn’t the MP chela site have 15 pgs of “preparation information” for the Bird Flu? A person who recently left MP contacted me, and so I know it is true. I also have copies of the information.

If anything, I'm holding the reins from sharing every single FACT that I know about the "spiritual leaders" of this group!

Old 06-29-2009, 05:39 PM

To Shakey1:

For clarification: if you find the words "entertaining" and "amusing" to be forms of "ridicule" and "berating"... so be it. Frankly, I'm at a loss for words to describe what I experience while reading these posts.

Allan is innocent. He is only repeating what he has been told by others. And I believe Ben is simply sharing "his" experience. But those two examples do not represent the intensity of focused preparation that occupied a large group of people during the summer of 2006.

I had chelas calling me immediately following their attendance at that seminar asking if Gary Olsen was "losing it."

It's fine by me if people want to prepare for disaster, but balance and moderation was not the message received from listening to that talk. Not even close. It was a message of fear and imminent danger, plain and simple. And the "chelas" acted accordingly.

That is my point. It's really quite simple.

Old 06-29-2009, 08:56 PM

Manufacturing or exaggerating a crisis is a pretty standard ploy for cult leaders to use. Jim Jones did it...

Look at that result.

Old 06-30-2009, 11:40 PM

Have all the MP defenders given up?

Old 07-01-2009, 08:13 AM

Default A good-bye of sorts...

Shakey1: you say that there is a lot of ridicule and berating, and that there is no love on this forum. Well, I see the only difference between this forum and some of the former chelas experience behind the scenes with the leaders of MP this way: at least we’ve been honest in our dealings with people. The negativity and falsehoods that have been projected onto and about some of us by the “spiritual leaders” of MasterPath makes this forum look very kind and loving.

Ben: You express your spiritual understanding with sincerity, and you also show a willingness to be wrong which earns my respect. Thank you again for what you shared about the chela/pilot who died. It was a very special, real, and huge gift for me personally. I am still moved by it.

There is information in your initial post that is false (through no fault of your own) that I could shatter into a thousand tiny pieces. But I will not do that. There is no pleasure in sharing the truth I know. Nor is there peace in remaining silent. But I’m happier living life when not thinking about MP or Gary Olsen.

Allan: I must admit that in the end, I grew quite fond of you through our heated and confrontational interaction, and actually enjoyed the truthful directness of our communication, relative to each person’s experience. Thank you. You are like the ever-ready bunny when it comes to defending that which you believe as true. You have the resilience of a brave heart. I wish you happiness and peace in your spiritual endeavor.

I will not be returning to this forum any time soon. I have tried more than once to end my participation here, and each time I have been drawn back into it.

Gary Olsen: Gary, I am ending my participation on this forum, and not because it is what you want me to do. I would also like to say that the “deal” you repeatedly mentioned in our recent phone call was BS. My request was based on the truth. Your denial was based on what is not true. That’s how I see it, and it has been confirmed through other entities. You claim you are a True Guru, and yet, my long-term experience with you has been fraught with manipulation, threats, fear, and control. I will not offer details on this public forum, but I will say this forum is as much connected to you as it is to each of us, and it’s nothing in comparison to the betrayal and destruction of a devotee’s trust and love. There is karma for the abuse of power that both you and your wife have wreaked. I have learned many things from you, and it is indeed unfortunate that it is not singing your praises. I hope you are enjoying your summer retreat.

FormerChela: I would like to thank you for all of your posts. There is much that I have learned through this forum of which I was completely ignorant during my entire time as a dues paying member and as an employee of MP: i.e., the MP 990’s, the salaries, and some titles of BOD. Simply astounding that such is the case.

I wish you deep and lasting healing. You are a beautiful soul, and your love for truth shines in raw form through the communications you have shared with all of us. Your process on this forum shows your inner fortitude. The spiritual healing you seek is in your purview, and within your grasp. Only you have the power to heal yourself. Let it happen. Let the past go. It’s not worth the price of admission. You do not ever need to pay another to reveal to you the secrets of your own heart and soul. It lives in you. All former chelas see it, and we all send you great love, strength, compassion, and understanding. We wish you the very, very best in your journey. I’m so glad we connected. I will never forget you.

Rememberingyou: thank you for your fiery passion in defending other souls who have suffered great pain and heartache. I admire your strength of character and the love and compassion in your soul expressions. You help remind us that we are never alone. Your writing does not belie the intensity of love and truth that speaks through you. Thank you for sharing a depth of perception that goes far beyond words on a page. I feel most blessed to have shared this journey with a soul such as you.

(Maybe we should create our own website where people can feel safe in sharing their experience without judgment. An environment that welcomes former members of any group who may post their thoughts, forge new friendships, and connect with like-minded individuals. We both know that when leaving a group like MP, you quickly realize who is a friend, and who is not. It could be a positive step in the healing process in helping others that are experiencing the same. I’ll send a private email and we can connect outside of this forum.)

BeenThereDoneThat09: Thank you. There is more truth in your words and vision than some may see or know. I can think of no greater spiritual travesty than what is wreaked through false gurus. You are one of the most sensitively attuned souls, and the silent help you’ve extended many people is immeasurable.

SoulPatriot: your moniker tells the truth of you. Be strong and true to that which is real and lasting inside of you. Sending you love and understanding always. Your written words speak to all of us. Many souls will be touched in the sharing of your truth. And in the end, it’s all you have: the truth that lives in you…your own soul.

Deepcynic: hmm, you have been a most wonderfully surprising trip! You are clever and witty. I’ve really loved and enjoyed your intelligence and humor even when it rattles the cage, shocks the senses, and causes a person to stand up and take notice. Thank you for more than one good belly laugh, not at other people, but in your ability to cut to the core with pragmatic logic and rational thinking. The profound is often stated with few words. You strike me as a good person who lives life honestly and simply. I wish only the very best for you always.

To all the citydata members who participated on this thread: Thank you. I’ve learned more about independent thinking from each of you during the last 6 months than I did in the last 25 years under the tutelage of my ex-guru.

And last: Shakey1: I wrote a 4 page letter to you in response to your request for my thoughts. I have decided not to post it. But I will leave you with only one question: Your guru bhakti runs so deep and is so real that you cannot see love or pain in FormerChelas?

Thank you for the experience on this forum. I’m a better person for it. Have a great summer.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality