Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2009, 01:53 PM

268 posts, read 457,772 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by end_of_faith View Post
And just think those 15 pages of survival information were sent following the seminar talk. Yep, anyone who takes the time to read the bird flu nonsense should keep in mind that the written instructions are the balanced view.

The "live talk" was so far out there...it was stunning to hear where he was coming from in consciousness. I kept waiting for the moment when he would speak truth, anything, that made logical or "spiritual" sense.... didn't happen, at least not for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeenThereDoneThat09 View Post
I also attended a much earlier seminar during which Olsen claimed that he was the reincarnation of Sawan Singh and that Dennis Holtje was the reincarnation of Jhagat Singh, both of Radha Soami...an East Indian light and sound path. He claimed that he had passed the "mantle" to Jhagat but Kirpal Singh became hurt and angry, thinking he deserved to be next in line for Sat Guru, and started his own path. At a seminar shortly after that, Olsen denied ever saying those words and literally yelled at his chelas to stop "twisting his words." Those exact earlier words were caught on tape.
The more I read about Gary's seminars, the more it occurs to me that he's completely stoned during them. Even with all the reports of his pot usage, I guess I thought he would at least show up sober when he had to speak in front of hundreds of people. Particularly people who are counting on him as their "master" for knowledge, love, and spiritual guidance. If he's baked all of his waking hours, I guess that would explain the wacked out of proportion bird flu paranoia, the fanciful reincarnation stories, and the far "out there" speeches. Imagine how little he must care for his "beloved chelas" if he cannot even bring himself to wait a few hours until the seminar ends to toke up. So selfish and irresponsible.

But even if he doesn't hit the bong before his seminars, his thought processes are probably impacted a great deal just from the night-before "high". Visine and Old Spice don't clear up brain fog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by end_of_faith View Post
oh, and lest we forget: 501(c)(3) non-profit religious organization generally means causes driven by altruism. One of the MP student de facto representatives stated on this forum that MP/Gary are not here to help the world. They're not here to help the world but they have no ethical issue with taking full advantage of the system in anyway they can as long as they don't get caught, and it's righteous that they do, after all, it is Gary the "Great Master" of the current times, and according to him and Joy: anything they want is straight from God, and we just don't understand that their wish is God's Will.
It makes me sad when I think about all of those chelas who probably have genuine, kind hearts and a spiritual desire to help others. Of course they contribute to charitable causes on their own, but just imagine what the time and money they spend on MasterPath could do for humankind in need. Instead they pour their hearts and souls into this nutjob who uses their hard-earned money to pack his weed pipe and line his wallet. If Gary and Joy are "not here to help the world", they don't contribute to charitable causes, and they still accept hundreds of thousands of dollars tax free from MP followers, they are not only committing tax fraud...they are sorry excuses for human beings who don't have a conscience.

Old 09-24-2009, 02:52 PM

1,664 posts, read 4,366,803 times
So I'm filling out the IRS referral form, and Google "Masterpath EIN" to get their employer ID #, and here's what I found:

Masterpath Inc (watchdog.net)

Sure looks like Gary is raking it in and isn't required to file anything....and this data appears to be from 2005 if I'm reading it right.

"Contributions" are deductible...so I wonder if this impacts members who've deducted their dues & 'donations' to Gary IF the MP exempt status is revoked as a result of an IRS audit (?)

Can't hurt to try...the form is simple to fill out and I think those of you who have had involvement with MP fill them out & send it in. You can remain anonymous...

Old 09-24-2009, 10:51 PM

175 posts, read 424,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeenThereDoneThat09 View Post

I also attended a much earlier seminar during which Olsen claimed that he was the reincarnation of Sawan Singh and that Dennis Holtje was the reincarnation of Jhagat Singh, both of Radha Soami...an East Indian light and sound path. He claimed that he had passed the "mantle" to Jhagat but Kirpal Singh became hurt and angry, thinking he deserved to be next in line for Sat Guru, and started his own path. At a seminar shortly after that, Olsen denied ever saying those words and literally yelled at his chelas to stop "twisting his words." Those exact earlier words were caught on tape.
Joy talked a lot about being a number of different people in "her" previous incarnations. Let's see, she was Beethoven, Cleopatra, Joan of Arc, Mira, Jesus, Paltu, some spiritual figure in Radha, Mary Magdalene, a Queen ...plus many that I've long since forgotten... admittedly, it got a bit difficult to keep track, especially when they overlapped.

Old 09-25-2009, 05:22 PM

6 posts, read 17,136 times
Default In response to end of faith

Leaving in good standing was tricky, and required writing a letter stating why I felt I had reached a dead end, while simultaneously realizing that for my own security I had to make it sound like it was all 'my deal', meaning nothing to do with him or the path. There is more I could say about that, but it would reveal too much information, and I don't know who is reading this forum. Suffice it to say that I knew that there were some (perceived?) dangers involved, and did it in a way where I thanked him for the time and left the door open to returning at some point in the future.
But truthfully, there are so many chelas now (over a thousand when I last went to a seminar), and I don't even know if Gary really knows who I am anyway. As for the pot use, where does this info come from? I have never heard that and would be very surprised if it were true.

As a side note, a major Temecula (California) bank went under recently, and that is where MP is now headquartered.

Old 09-29-2009, 08:58 PM

30 posts, read 56,588 times
Masterpath Tax returns for 2003 show over 2,600,000 in surplus funds. Same time Gary was asking for donations to pull off his expensive "Global Cause". In 2005 this number increases to over 3.5 million. Wonder what it is now? Follow this link to check out the tax returns for 03'-05'. Smells like a poop pile. Bet there aren't any ponies in it. ;-) Nonprofit Report

Whatever happened to provisional faith?

The fleecing of the chelas....keep writing those checks!

Old 09-29-2009, 09:03 PM

When following the link above click on Forms 990 & docs tab.

Old 09-30-2009, 07:51 AM

A recent note in the mailing from the flu fear mongering Master. You would think after the failure of the Bird Flu catastrophe he would let it go. Words to remember from 06' Bird Flu. "Imminent" "90% chance""bury your own""bodies everywhere". And now.....Swine Flu.

"Dearest Loved Ones,

Just a little update to inform you that I am still planning to hold the September 26th seminar in Albuquerque as scheduled. I am watching the H1N1 flu situation very closely, and of course, if things spiraled out of control (work it dude....ooooo) I would cancel the physical seminar in Albuquerque and hold it remotely. For those of you who feel apprehensive in traveling to the Seminar due to the H1N1 virus ( wonder who got that fear scene started ) please know that I find no harm in your choosing to just stay home and connect remotely "( for a small fee of 120.00.....I spent over 20,000 on Masterpath and that does not include hotels and airfare)
" It has come to my attention that travel insurance can now be purchased for a minimal fee when booking airline tickets, which will allow....blah, blah, blah. Since it is fairly inexpensive, it may be a good idea to keep this in mind during these uncertain ( fear mongerer ) times......"

I am still hauling around buckets of food that I put together for the "imminent Bird Flu". Time to turn those over to a homeless shelter. I spent 1000's on masks, supplies, medicines, food. He said make a 3 month plan and a 2 or 3 year plan. WTF! I know many chelas who did the same. Isn't this flu debockle enough to question the veracity of this FALSE master?

Lets don't forget who was whispering in Bush's ear.....

It's scary at first to leave the path, its like waking up from a nightmare. To all my chela friends out there...get objective....don't spend a lifetime in this charade.

Old 09-30-2009, 11:23 AM

1,664 posts, read 4,366,803 times
The more people who complete the IRS referral/complaint form, the better the chance that somebody's going to open a case file...

Old 09-30-2009, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inconsequential View Post
Leaving in good standing was tricky, and required writing a letter stating why I felt I had reached a dead end, while simultaneously realizing that for my own security I had to make it sound like it was all 'my deal', meaning nothing to do with him or the path. There is more I could say about that, but it would reveal too much information, and I don't know who is reading this forum. Suffice it to say that I knew that there were some (perceived?) dangers involved, and did it in a way where I thanked him for the time and left the door open to returning at some point in the future.
But truthfully, there are so many chelas now (over a thousand when I last went to a seminar), and I don't even know if Gary really knows who I am anyway. As for the pot use, where does this info come from? I have never heard that and would be very surprised if it were true.

As a side note, a major Temecula (California) bank went under recently, and that is where MP is now headquartered.
thank you inconsequential.

What dangers? Isn't it revealing, as well as sad, that those who leave “the path” feel compelled or required to stroke Gary's ego one last time when they realize they've reached the dead-end-game of MP? ….or, when they realize that Olsen is just another smooth talking, charismatic Fake-o guru in the world.

From my perspective, these emasculated messianic gurus derive and sustain their pseudo spiritual power from the followers’ devotion to their twisted falsehoods. The leaders teach students to stop all questioning, suspend critical thinking, subjugate personal will, and completely submerge any challenging of the self-anointed "Saints.”

Eckankar seems to have hatched quite a few “Godmen” from their flock: the Olsen’s, JR, Mulvin, Turner, Holtje…amazing that God sent so many qualified representatives as the “One.” Maybe MP should consider repainting that painting with Olsen, Klemp, Twitchell, Gross, JR, Mulvin, and Turner. That would be an accurate contemporary portrayal of Gary’s lineage and spiritual peer group.

Why would you be surprised about the pot?

How fitting that MP is headquartered in a bank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulPatriot View Post
A recent note in the mailing from the flu fear mongering Master. You would think after the failure of the Bird Flu catastrophe he would let it go. Words to remember from 06' Bird Flu. "Imminent" "90% chance""bury your own""bodies everywhere". And now.....Swine Flu.

"Dearest Loved Ones,

Just a little update to inform you that I am still planning to hold the September 26th seminar in Albuquerque as scheduled. I am watching the H1N1 flu situation very closely, and of course, if things spiraled out of control (work it dude....ooooo) I would cancel the physical seminar in Albuquerque and hold it remotely. For those of you who feel apprehensive in traveling to the Seminar due to the H1N1 virus ( wonder who got that fear scene started ) please know that I find no harm in your choosing to just stay home and connect remotely "( for a small fee of 120.00.....I spent over 20,000 on Masterpath and that does not include hotels and airfare)
" It has come to my attention that travel insurance can now be purchased for a minimal fee when booking airline tickets, which will allow....blah, blah, blah. Since it is fairly inexpensive, it may be a good idea to keep this in mind during these uncertain ( fear mongerer ) times......"

I am still hauling around buckets of food that I put together for the "imminent Bird Flu". Time to turn those over to a homeless shelter. I spent 1000's on masks, supplies, medicines, food. He said make a 3 month plan and a 2 or 3 year plan. WTF! I know many chelas who did the same. Isn't this flu debockle enough to question the veracity of this FALSE master?

Lets don't forget who was whispering in Bush's ear.....

It's scary at first to leave the path, its like waking up from a nightmare. To all my chela friends out there...get objective....don't spend a lifetime in this charade.

LOL... the absurd has become the macabre.... he "finds no harm in a person choosing to ..." ROFL sure thing Gary.... milk the fear factor all you can in CYA.

the travel insurance has come to his attention.... this is so ridiculous, it is absolutely amazing that we actually paid money for his plagarized "teachings"... that we donated years of seva, time, energy, and devotion to following this craziness...

I can also relate to the "waking from a nightmare" experience that you describe. Sadly, it is only upon leaving that you realize how manipulated and hoodwinked you are by the idea of "guru."

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulPatriot View Post
Masterpath Tax returns for 2003 show over 2,600,000 in surplus funds. Same time Gary was asking for donations to pull off his expensive "Global Cause". In 2005 this number increases to over 3.5 million. Wonder what it is now? Follow this link to check out the tax returns for 03'-05'. Smells like a poop pile. Bet there aren't any ponies in it. ;-) Nonprofit Report

Whatever happened to provisional faith?

The fleecing of the chelas....keep writing those checks!
thanks for the links and information SoulPatriot.

Old 09-30-2009, 05:44 PM

I spoke with Gary on June 3, 2009 (a few days before the June seminar) and during that 2 hr plus phone call, he said chelas had left the path due to this forum. He then went on to say that it was really no big deal to him as they were just “alchies and druggies” anyway, and he was viewing it as a screening of the path, he wasn't worried, it was no biggie. Just a purifying of the chela body.

The still internal silence was broken only by a singular thought hovering in my mind: what about the leaders? When will they be screened? Are they free of the addictions that they assign to those who have left the path? Based on my experience, they have yet to prove their unaided reliance on a pure transcendent substance that they claim as their sole source of spiritual awareness. If I were to describe what I heard in that phone call…well, let’s just say it wasn’t the Voice of God, or the Sound Current, or the Sat Guru.

And forgetting everything else: what a sick attitude and viewpoint for a “Guru” to project onto those who choose to leave. But Gary’s not a Guru, so I suppose our spiritual expectation can be understandably lowered to a mediocre level of plausible deniability, deception and disappointment that has been met and exceeded beyond our deepest imaginings.

And for anyone reading this forum who has left the path, take heart that your ex-guru is a just a man with an enormous ego that thinks it's God Incarnate. What he said about those students is kind in comparison to his vehement denial of what he has said about others. I know it doesn't lessen the pain, but beneath the pain lies great courage in leaving this pseudo teaching and guru.

For those wondering who might be reading this forum: yes, Gary is being kept well-informed. One of Gary's minions (the eyes and ears of the "Master") is reading and reporting to "His Imminence."

MP is no different than Eckankar, MSIA, or all the rest. They flourish and survive because people believe what they want to believe. Leaving a belief system requires serious self-examination, the type of introspection that few followers experience while under the hypnotic spell of the feverish and "glowing" devotion required on a "path" like MP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality