Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 09:08 AM

1,088 posts, read 2,196,223 times

Advertisements

Oh come ON. Are you arguing just for the hell of it? The only thing I've tried to prove in all of my posts on this thread is that the doctor provided elective abortions beyond the point of viability. And I've done that - with more than just an ad. With the words from the man's very own website. What else could you possibly want? Did he do medically necessary abortions? Yes. But did he do elective (non medically necessary) abortions? Yes! Don't sugar coat his medical profession now that he's dead and gone. He made a living terminating pregnancies, and some of those pregnancies were beyond the point of viability and otherwise healthy.

Old 06-04-2009, 09:25 AM

4,440 posts, read 9,069,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spotted1 View Post
Oh come ON. Are you arguing just for the hell of it? The only thing I've tried to prove in all of my posts on this thread is that the doctor provided elective abortions beyond the point of viability.
But you haven't done that. Using YOUR link I showed the distribution by case of the medical reasons for the late term abortion. I even said "The Other/Misc" category would be where I would look for any kind or real data..

So you really haven't proven anything..

Quote:
And I've done that - with more than just an ad. With the words from the man's very own website.
And again I showed how your logic was incorrect..

Quote:
What else could you possibly want? Did he do medically necessary abortions? Yes.
Yes.. per his website data distribution

Quote:
But did he do elective (non medically necessary) abortions? Yes!
WHERE! WHERE IS THE EVIDENCE? Using the link YOU PROVIDED you don't show any evidence of that. So your argument must be that he falsified medical records.. because its illegal

[LEFT]K.S.A. 65-6721 criminalizes abortions performed using the intact dilationand extraction method after the fetus becomes viable unless the physician can document that: (1) the abortion is necessary to preserve the life of the pregnant woman; or (2) a continuation of the pregnancy will cause a substantial and irreversible impairment of a major physical or mental function of the pregnant woman. 1998

So what you are really saying is that per bullet (2) that Dr. Tiller falsified medical records more than likely having to do with the "mental function of the pregnant woman".

Is that what you are saying?

Quote:
Don't sugar coat his medical profession now that he's dead and gone.
Find any post of mine that has sugar coated anything chief. Best to not type the words if you don't know what you are talking about. I've simply asked (time and again I might add) for the evidence of non-medical necessity late term abortions performed by Dr. Tiller.

You've provided the following:

~crickets chirping~

Quote:
He made a living terminating pregnancies
and??? Other healthcare professionals make profits off sick and diseased patients.. Its called our private healthcare system.

Quote:
, and some of those pregnancies were beyond the point of viability and otherwise healthy
Given the lack of evidence you provided you should really put "in my opinion" at the end of your sentence.. cause thats all it really is.

Your only hope at somehow proving that Tiller aborted late term healthy viable fetuses is if evidence is found of him tampering with medical records.. I don't deny he could and in fact I would guess that in some instances he certainly crossed a grey area. However, I don't know that..

its just my opinion.. which is basically the same as what you've posted.. opinion [/LEFT]

Old 06-04-2009, 09:27 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,705,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
I always thought from most of your posts that you were different than the rest...but I see you are not. For one thing...did I ever call myself pro life? I think mid and late term abortions are terrible. And early ones really are bad too....I never said I supported the guy being killed now did I. I just don't feel bad. How does "I don't feel bad" translate into "I support his killing?" That is ridiculous! Surely you are smarter than that. It's like Saddam Hussein (sp?) I don't feel bad that he was executed....but I don't support it either. I don't really support execution of murderers or babies.
Well, fair enough if that's how you feel. I, personally, would not draw a correlation between a doctor carrying out a legal procedure and a dictator murdering thousands of innocent people.

Old 06-04-2009, 03:01 PM

2,529 posts, read 4,351,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
Seriously.. if you don't have the answers then why bother? I saw an ad. I have seen zero evidence of what he performed.. stats.. numbers of late term abortions.. how late etc.

Obviously.. you have none of this information either.

Thanks for the input though.
I don't have any answers for you because I don't care to know how many killings he did. He specialized in late term abortions. One of a few in the US. That is all I need to know. He was a murderer.

After this thread though, I think I have learned something of myself. I'm not so sure I'll call myself "pro-life" anymore. I am definitely anti-abortion. A baby is innocent and has done nothing to deserve such a torturous death.

Old 06-04-2009, 04:06 PM

3,963 posts, read 10,631,862 times
I'm anti-abortion too. There. Common ground!

Old 06-04-2009, 06:42 PM

1,088 posts, read 2,196,223 times
Quote:
But you haven't done that. Using YOUR link I showed the distribution by case of the medical reasons for the late term abortion. I even said "The Other/Misc" category would be where I would look for any kind or real data..

So you really haven't proven anything..

And again I showed how your logic was incorrect..

Yes.. per his website data distribution

WHERE! WHERE IS THE EVIDENCE? Using the link YOU PROVIDED you don't show any evidence of that. So your argument must be that he falsified medical records.. because its illegal

[LEFT]K.S.A. 65-6721 criminalizes abortions performed using the intact dilationand extraction method after the fetus becomes viable unless the physician can document that: (1) the abortion is necessary to preserve the life of the pregnant woman; or (2) a continuation of the pregnancy will cause a substantial and irreversible impairment of a major physical or mental function of the pregnant woman. 1998

So what you are really saying is that per bullet (2) that Dr. Tiller falsified medical records more than likely having to do with the "mental function of the pregnant woman".

Is that what you are saying?

Find any post of mine that has sugar coated anything chief. Best to not type the words if you don't know what you are talking about. I've simply asked (time and again I might add) for the evidence of non-medical necessity late term abortions performed by Dr. Tiller.

You've provided the following:

~crickets chirping~

and??? Other healthcare professionals make profits off sick and diseased patients.. Its called our private healthcare system.

Sigh. I most certainly have proven, repeatedly, that Dr. Tiller would perform elective late term abortions beyond the point of viability. It says he'd do so right on his website, on the page labeled "Late Term Abortion Elective":

At Women's Health Care Services, we specialize in "late" abortion care. We are able to perform elective abortions to the time in the pregnancy when the fetus is viable.

Abortion Care - George Tiller MD - Wichita, Kansas (http://74.125.93.132/search?q=cache:http://www.drtiller.com/elect.html - broken link)

An elective abortion is one that is done when it is not medically necessary, the fetus and pregnancy are viable and healthy, and the mother is not in harm's way.

Quote:
Given the lack of evidence you provided you should really put "in my opinion" at the end of your sentence.. cause thats all it really is.

Your only hope at somehow proving that Tiller aborted late term healthy viable fetuses is if evidence is found of him tampering with medical records.. I don't deny he could and in fact I would guess that in some instances he certainly crossed a grey area. However, I don't know that..

its just my opinion.. which is basically the same as what you've posted.. opinion [/LEFT]
He was, if nothing else, under the microscope for his methods. In my opinion, if you're raking in $6000 per elective late term abortion, then it's not far fetched that you'd be able to strike up a deal with a buddy who is also a doctor and get them to sign off as a second opinion when you need it.

Old 06-04-2009, 10:57 PM

2,339 posts, read 4,401,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Well, fair enough if that's how you feel. I, personally, would not draw a correlation between a doctor carrying out a legal procedure and a dictator murdering thousands of innocent people.
You just contradicted yourself...a life is a life is it not? The doctor was following the law but wasn't the murdering dictator also following the law of his sorry ***** country? What business does one country have to go in and kill a leader no matter how evil...but I guess that is another topic! Any way you look at it, the doctor was killing innocents also. What if it became LEGAL to kill your newborn in the first week if you decided that you didn't want it? Would it be okay because it was legal??? A full term baby really deserves to live as much as the newborn.

Old 06-05-2009, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjamiedawn View Post
I don't have any answers for you because I don't care to know how many killings he did. He specialized in late term abortions. One of a few in the US. That is all I need to know. He was a murderer.

After this thread though, I think I have learned something of myself. I'm not so sure I'll call myself "pro-life" anymore. I am definitely anti-abortion. A baby is innocent and has done nothing to deserve such a torturous death.
Mz.. you don't even know the facts and don't care to know the facts. What does that say about you? I could care less what you think other than I find it fun and amusing to continue to point out your wrongness..

I mean for the love of God do you even know what the discussion is? I'm talking about elective late term abortions and you spout of facts like "I know he did them".. with zero evidence to back it up.

I'm not talking "I don't want to have a baby" type abortions. I'm talking medically necessary abortions as deemed by two PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL OPINIONS. When by chance did you get your medical degree?

So I ask again.. what is your proof? At least spotted1 brought something to the discussion..

Old 06-05-2009, 01:26 AM

Quote:
An elective abortion is one that is done when it is not medically necessary, the fetus and pregnancy are viable and healthy, and the mother is not in harm's way.
Really? Cause on the same page.. your link it states:

"Kansas law allows for post-viability abortion procedures when continuing the pregnancy is detrimental to the pregnant woman's health. Each person's circumstances are reviewed on a case-by-base basis. Please call so that we can discuss admission criteria with you."

so much fun to prove you wrong with your own links..

Old 06-05-2009, 12:46 PM

2,529 posts, read 4,351,129 times
Quote:
Mz.. you don't even know the facts and don't care to know the facts. What does that say about you? I could care less what you think other than I find it fun and amusing to continue to point out your wrongness..

I mean for the love of God do you even know what the discussion is? I'm talking about elective late term abortions and you spout of facts like "I know he did them".. with zero evidence to back it up.

I'm not talking "I don't want to have a baby" type abortions. I'm talking medically necessary abortions as deemed by two PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL OPINIONS. When by chance did you get your medical degree?

So I ask again.. what is your proof? At least spotted1 brought something to the discussion..
I really think you need to step down off your pedestal, then maybe you'd understand what I'm saying.

What I'm saying is, I do not care what he did late term abortions for. He did them, therefore he murdered innocent babies. You are the one who keeps wanting to differentiate between the two. Get it now?

If you don't like what I have to add to the discussion, skip over my posts, oh holy one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.