Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2009, 12:27 PM

2,529 posts, read 4,358,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
No no.. We are talking murder here per your words

Repeat after me. If a mothers life is in danger with a late term pregnancy and her life is in mortal danger if she delivers.. and the mother chooses to abort to save her own life...

its m u r d e r

please don't dumb it down to just "killing".. I think the stigma of what you believe it to be should be out there.. just calling a spade a spade...
That's fine. She is a MURDERER.

Old 06-02-2009, 12:38 PM

4,440 posts, read 9,082,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjamiedawn View Post
That's fine. She is a MURDERER.
Don't get mad at me. Its your words and your logic. Take it up with God.

The right wing hyperbole machine has been in full effect.. Lets not steer away from the words like "murderer" and "baby killer" etc now.

Old 06-02-2009, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Don't get mad at me. Its your words and your logic. Take it up with God.

The right wing hyperbole machine has been in full effect.. Lets not steer away from the words like "murderer" and "baby killer" etc now.
I'm not mad at you, BigT. Just want to appease you.

Old 06-02-2009, 12:50 PM

Quote:
I'm not mad at you, BigT. Just want to appease you.
No.. don't appease me. I just think you and others should call it what you think it is.

If you don't.. I'll be happy to be there to correct.

Old 06-02-2009, 12:58 PM

Quote:
No.. don't appease me. I just think you and others should call it what you think it is.

If you don't.. I'll be happy to be there to correct.
No, no need to correct. It's how I feel.

Old 06-02-2009, 01:01 PM

970 posts, read 1,702,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
Many of us are happy that he won't be aborting babies anymore.
This will have no effect on the number of abortions. At worst, people will have to drive a bit longer to get to the next clinic. So unless you think he was worse than average at performing abortions or something, I don't see how that makes sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich
He is going be cast as a martyr now, which is sickening.
To be fair, I wouldn't call him a martyr since he probably didn't expect to be murdered for performing abortions. He wasn't faced with the choice of leaving his job or risking his life.

Old 06-02-2009, 01:02 PM

Just so we are clear.

You get preggo.. and its an ectopic pregnancy.. you are a murderer if you get an abortion.

never mind the fact that an ectopic pregnancy is is life threatning and considered a medical emergency..

maybe if the laws are changed we can start putting women who had an ectopic pregnancy in prison... for m u r d e r

Old 06-02-2009, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Just so we are clear.

You get preggo.. and its an ectopic pregnancy.. you are a murderer if you get an abortion.

never mind the fact that an ectopic pregnancy is is life threatning and considered a medical emergency..

maybe if the laws are changed we can start putting women who had an ectopic pregnancy in prison... for m u r d e r
We're clear.

Murder is murder, no matter how you put it.

Just don't forget the rest of what I said, about the woman. Seems you are only focusing on the word murderer.

ETA: I want to make clear while I believe it is murder, I feel deeply for any woman who has to make that decision. In all honesty, I don't know what decision I would make, because I have never been in that position. I would hope I would choose to leave it in God's hands, but if I decided to abort, I myself would be a murderer.

Last edited by mzjamiedawn; 06-02-2009 at 01:35 PM..

Old 06-02-2009, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxolan View Post
This will have no effect on the number of abortions. At worst, people will have to drive a bit longer to get to the next clinic. So unless you think he was worse than average at performing abortions or something, I don't see how that makes sense.
"Tiller was one of few American doctors who specialized in late-term abortions"

Guess that's what makes him worse than average.

Old 06-02-2009, 01:36 PM

Quote:
"Tiller was one of few American doctors who specialized in late-term abortions"

Guess that's what makes him worse than average.
but you think all abortions are murder..

how can one murder be worse than another murder?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.