Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 09:10 AM

2,529 posts, read 4,365,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by akm4 View Post
The Bible discusses abortion directly, or are you applying the 6th commandment?

As for Roeder's affiliations, it has been reported he identified himself as a Christian, holding pray-ins and writing opinions as a man of faith against Dr. Tiller. He also had Operation Rescue ties. Allegedly they found a phone number for OR in his car at the time of his arrest.
The commandment, love one another, etc.

Thank you, I hadn't heard that yet. That makes what he did even worse.

Old 06-02-2009, 11:28 AM

4,440 posts, read 9,095,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjamiedawn View Post
Tiller never murdered anyone according to man's law. He did according to God's.
So in God's eyes.. all the women that Tiller operated on.. they are also murderers right?

Old 06-02-2009, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
So in God's eyes.. all the women that Tiller operated on.. they are also murderers right?
Yes. Whether they were sorry for what they did afterwards is between them and God. Obviously Tiller wasn't sorry.

Old 06-02-2009, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Yes. Whether they were sorry for what they did afterwards is between them and God. Obviously Tiller wasn't sorry.
Just wanted that out there.

Any preggo moms out there that might possibly die if they don't get an abortion for health reasons.. understand that you are a murderer if you try to save your own life.

Makes PERFECT SENSE!!!!!

Old 06-02-2009, 11:50 AM

23,655 posts, read 17,587,522 times
Abortion only in the case of saving the mother's life. Most will agree most abortions are not for that reason. Tiller would do them if the woman would be too distressed, which can mean anything.

I hope you don't think abortion in the ninth month is safe.

Old 06-02-2009, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
Any preggo moms out there that might possibly die if they don't get an abortion for health reasons.. understand that you are a murderer if you try to save your own life.
This needs to be repeated. If a mother decides to do this, yes, she's killing a baby. I would bet that she will get counseling for it though, and will be very remorseful and sorry for it the rest of her life, and as I said before, it will be between her and God.

You and I both know that this is a small percentage of why abortions are carried out.

Old 06-02-2009, 12:00 PM

659 posts, read 1,089,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
You make a good point, but the problem is that there are MANY right here on this forum who have openly celebrated the murder of this doctor.

For someone like kdbrich or the official organizations to attempt to speak for all "anti-abortion" advocates in condemning this violence is too little too late.

The glee of this cold-blooded gunning down in church has already slipped out from far too many people for me to think it's just extremists who find delight in this murder.

They, like the rest of us, weigh the value of one life over another. We accept over 40,000 people killed a year in cars because there is a perceived greater benefit to society in depending on autos. The same is true of abortions and wars and all the other ways we sanction killing.

The bottom line is these anti-abortion advocates do not stand on any moral high ground with regard to cherishing life any more than the rest of us, and perhaps even less as liberals tend to fight against wars, ecological destruction, death penalty, automobile dependence, and many other aspects of our society that sanction killing.

That is the ultimate failing of the so-called "pro-life" argument.
I agree completely and wholeheartedly with you Blue.

But what I don't get is the contradictory views that many pro-lifer's have. They believe abortion is murder, then what about the thousands that have died in a war and the ones that continue to die and will die in the coming days, months, and years as a result of war over land, over money, and over greed? They believe that abortion is the taking of human life that is very precious to us, then what about the millions of starving children in Africa, India, Indonesia and other third world countries? What about the starving children on our soil that are born into poverty, disease, lack, and an all around sh*tty situation that will never find a way out?

I'm pro-choice but I care much more about life than some of my pro-life counterparts (not speaking for everyone who is pro-life, just some pro-lifers I know in my life who support war, the death penalty, torture, and could give a rat's ass about staving children and kids who grow up in poverty); it's just I value the life of viable developed people more than I do the unborn. I'd rather spend my time rallying against torture, the death-penalty, war, and helping children in poverty get a way out and treating TB in Africa (which kills millions of children a year). I just can't reconcile in my mind how people can spend so much time rallying against the choice between a woman and her doctor about a personal decision when there are so many in the world now that we could help so much more if we gave them half attention that we show for abortion.

Old 06-02-2009, 12:03 PM

810 posts, read 1,442,001 times
Any stats out there on how many abortions are of a life or death situation? My guess is it is very minimal.

If faced with a life or death situation, I would rely on my faith that if something were to happen to either me or my baby, God would resurrect me. I don't WANT to die, but I wouldn't do anything to jeopardize my future in God's Kingdom. (Matt 16:25)

Kb09, your point about the war is so true! The sanctity of life is a principle of convenience for some.

Old 06-02-2009, 12:25 PM

Quote:
This needs to be repeated. If a mother decides to do this, yes, she's killing a baby. I would bet that she will get counseling for it though, and will be very remorseful and sorry for it the rest of her life, and as I said before, it will be between her and God.

You and I both know that this is a small percentage of why abortions are carried out.
No no.. We are talking murder here per your words

Repeat after me. If a mothers life is in danger with a late term pregnancy and her life is in mortal danger if she delivers.. and the mother chooses to abort to save her own life...

its m u r d e r

please don't dumb it down to just "killing".. I think the stigma of what you believe it to be should be out there.. just calling a spade a spade...

Old 06-02-2009, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeveenh View Post
Any stats out there on how many abortions are of a life or death situation? My guess is it is very minimal.
Minimal or not.. doesn't matter. Evangelical right thinks its m u r d e r

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeveenh View Post
If faced with a life or death situation, I would rely on my faith that if something were to happen to either me or my baby, God would resurrect me. I don't WANT to die, but I wouldn't do anything to jeopardize my future in God's Kingdom. (Matt 16:25)
good.. wouldn't want you committing m u r d e r.

Glad to know resurrection is an option. Ladies out there.. make sure to let your HMO know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality