Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 03:32 PM

1,088 posts, read 2,196,223 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Thanks, Now I am vastly relieved that not all atheists support genocide.
Annnnnnnnd you missed the point. Congratulations.

Old 06-01-2009, 03:40 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,435,377 times
What I don't get is the reality is that in the US if you don't like the laws, you don't go about killing people who are practicing something that is legal. You lobby to change the laws.

The reality is at this point those that call themselves prolifers, don't have enough influence to change it.

Accept it. You can't take that right away. Instead of continuing your lobbying and preaching, some in your group have graduated to MURDER.

You have become what you beheld.

Old 06-01-2009, 03:43 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akm4 View Post
Are you serious? So, you condone hunting down and killing those with whom you disagree? Wow. This man had a wife, children, how can you be so heartless?
This is what I'm talking about. When you take the focus off the law and put it onto individuals, then go ape**** crazy with vilificatin, people are going to get killed.

And nevermind abortion. Let's just home none of us ends up somewhere in life where a insane group like this targets us because of something one of our companies contracters are doing.

Old 06-01-2009, 03:44 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
What I don't get is the reality is that in the US if you don't like the laws, you don't go about killing people who are practicing something that is legal. You lobby to change the laws.

The reality is at this point those that call themselves prolifers, don't have enough influence to change it.

Accept it. You can't take that right away. Instead of continuing your lobbying and preaching, some in your group have graduated to MURDER.

Yup. Attack the laws, not the individuals who are obeying them. That's just sick no matter how you spin it. I can't imagine the strain of living under constant harassment. Next time it's probably going to be the protesters who are taken out. Who will feel sorry then?

Old 06-01-2009, 04:13 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
Okay I'll admit, I do not feel bad that this dr. is dead. Late term abortion although legal in some places, is disgusting. (after all the baby could just be delivered and given up for adoption.) I don't agree with killing the guy though. But I have to ask....

I don't think a baby who dies soon after birth would be available for adoption.... have you READ about what Dr. Tiller did?? He provided late term abortions (which required doctors referral) for women who's children had life threatening illnesses that would cause them to die soon after birth. He also provided abortions for women who's children would cause THEM to die or be otherwise harmed.

This wasn't some guy who just had a late term abortion clinic open to the public.

There are many fetal issues and problems that can only be determined late into the pregnancy and cannot be cured or treated. In many of those cases, the child would die in utero close to birth or shortly after, or the mother had a high probability of dying during childbirth.

The Dr. was doing a very difficult thing and it was an option that many women were glad to have. The Dr. had clergy on the premises and had buriels/last rights/baptisms of the aborted children at the families requests. He was not a murderer.

Old 06-01-2009, 04:18 PM

2,529 posts, read 4,351,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post

I agree the way to go about it is through the law. But we will never accept it, we will continue to fight against it til the day we die. Something you'll have to accept.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I don't think a baby who dies soon after birth would be available for adoption.... have you READ about what Dr. Tiller did?? He provided late term abortions (which required doctors referral) for women who's children had life threatening illnesses that would cause them to die soon after birth. He also provided abortions for women who's children would cause THEM to die or be otherwise harmed.

This wasn't some guy who just had a late term abortion clinic open to the public.

There are many fetal issues and problems that can only be determined late into the pregnancy and cannot be cured or treated. In many of those cases, the child would die in utero close to birth or shortly after, or the mother had a high probability of dying during childbirth.

The Dr. was doing a very difficult thing and it was an option that many women were glad to have. The Dr. had clergy on the premises and had buriels/last rights/baptisms of the aborted children at the families requests. He was not a murderer.
If the baby is going to die a natural death shortly after its birth, why not just let that happen? Why deliver its head, stab it in the neck with scissors, open it up, and suck its brains out? Let it die peacefully.

Oh, and him not being a murderer is only your opinion, just as it's my opinion that he was one.

Old 06-01-2009, 05:12 PM

5,553 posts, read 8,003,946 times
All I know is that this clown is going to jail for perhaps, the rest of his life to become someone's prison *itch while his supporters are home eating steak and enjoying their freedom. What an *ss!

Old 06-01-2009, 05:13 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,740,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjamiedawn View Post
Oh, and him not being a murderer is only your opinion, just as it's my opinion that he was one.
What I'm wondering is why it's always the doctors who are targets. If any abortion is murder, then the mothers are just as guilty. Perhaps they should be killed, too. And I'm really surprised more anti-abortionists aren't doing this sort of thing. After all, if the government makes it legal to commit real, honest-to-god murder, then the outrage should go well beyond legal processes and become an all-out, violent, revolutionary overthrow of the government. I mean, if this is murder we're talking about then simply occasionally protesting and writing one's congressman doesn't seem like a very strong response to something so completely outrageous. I would think there would be a massive nationwide uprising the likes of which no one has ever seen before.

Old 06-01-2009, 05:15 PM

5,421 posts, read 6,503,624 times
Although I'm pro-choice, I think this raises a legitimate question:

If you believe that a person is killing children, and the government refuses to stop them, do you have the moral right to stop it yourself? Do you have a moral obligation to stop a person from killing a child, if the government refuses to act? And if killing the Dr. is the only way to prevent the Dr. from killing children, do you have the right and/or obligation to do so?

It doesn't suprise me that a person killed an abortion doctor. It suprises me that it doesn't happen more often. Obviously, I don't view the aborted fetus as a child. But if I did, I wonder how far I would go to protect these children.

I guess I have a question for the pro-lifers out there: If you really believe these are children being killed, why don't you do more to stop it?

Old 06-01-2009, 05:15 PM

2,529 posts, read 4,351,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post
What I'm wondering is why it's always the doctors who are targets. If any abortion is murder, then the mothers are just as guilty. Perhaps they should be killed, too. And I'm really surprised more anti-abortionists aren't doing this sort of thing. After all, if the government makes it legal to commit real, honest-to-god murder, then the outrage should go well beyond legal processes and become an all-out, violent, revolutionary overthrow of the government. I mean, if this is murder we're talking about then simply occasionally protesting and writing one's congressman doesn't seem like a very strong response to something so completely outrageous. I would think there would be a massive nationwide uprising the likes of which no one has ever seen before.
Don't give the psychos any ideas!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.